1. The city of London seems wrapped in a blanket of ___________.
2. Tom Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) The subject of a class action suit.
(b) The original litigant in Jarndyce v. Jarndyce.
(c) The victim of murder.
(d) The grandson of a famous lawyer.
3. The High Chancellor Mr. Tulkinghorn, serves as ___________.
(a) Solicitor for Lady Dedlock and Sir Leicester.
(b) A leading priest in the church.
(c) A traveling justice of the peace.
(d) The judge of the district court.
4. Lady Dedlock faints when she ___________.
(a) Becomes overwhelmed by the smog.
(b) Sees the extent of the lawsuit.
(c) Learns the status of Jarndyce and Jarndyce.
(d) Recognizes the handwriting on an affidavit.
5. Esther Summerson is raised by ___________.
(a) Her aunt, Miss Donny.
(b) Her aunt, Mrs. Kenge.
(c) Her godmother, Mrs. Barbary.
(d) Her godmother.
6. Esther is under the financial care of ___________.
(a) Conversation Kenge.
(b) Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Miss Flite.
(d) Richard Carstone.
7. Mrs. Jellyby's favorite cause is ___________.
(a) Hunger in Europe.
(b) Poverty in England.
(c) Poverty in Africa.
(d) Hunger in England.
This section contains 2,954 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)