|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack holding when he walks out to meet Tansy and the mob?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A small lock of hair.
(c) A talisman.
(d) White flowers.
2. What is odd about the front door on the Black House?
(a) There is no front door.
(b) It is coated in blood.
(c) It seems to be painted on.
(d) It hinges at the bottom instead of the side.
3. What leads Jack and the others through the Black House?
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A queen bee.
4. What does Mouse tell Jack when he talks to him on the phone in Chapter twenty-two?
(a) I know how to get to the Fisherman.
(b) I got the memory serum.
(c) I know what the house is hidding.
(d) I'm going to the big bike rally in the sky.
5. What does Speedy tell Jack to do when he calls Jack on the phone in Chapter sixteen?
(a) Check under the desk he is sitting at.
(b) Go out to his car.
(c) Check in his wallet.
(d) Visit the facility bathrooms.
6. What does Sonny see just before they enter the woods to go to the Black House?
(a) A shadow of his high school friend.
(b) A dog.
(c) A crow.
(d) A little girl.
7. What does Munshun wait to be sure of before he comes up to grab Tyler?
(a) That the boy has not been hurt.
(b) That Tyler doesn't have any weapons.
(c) That Tyler is wearing the hat.
(d) That Jack is not around.
8. Who calls Jack while he is visiting Judy in Chapter twenty?
9. When Henry wakes from his nightmare what catches his attention?
(a) He hear footsteps.
(b) His book is gone.
(c) His beer has been moved.
(d) He can hear a record playing.
10. What does Mouse make Jack promise to do as he lays dying?
(a) Wait until the next day to go out to the Black House.
(b) Save the Towers.
(c) Kill the dog that got him.
(d) Kill the Fisherman.
11. What does Mouse say in Chapter twenty-two about the perfume that someone is smelling?
(a) It isn't the perfume of his dead wife, but he has caught the eye of the King.
(b) The beams is where the perfume originates, with those that make it.
(c) It is his wife calling to him.
(d) The perfume comes from the Towers.
12. Why does Tansy say that she doesn't want to go to Night's Plutonian shore?
(a) Everything's on fire there.
(b) The Crimson King is a bad man.
(c) People are killed there.
(d) There are monsters there.
13. What does Burny say about the other two special ones, Patricia and Blaine?
(a) They lost their abilities when they lost their minds.
(b) They angered the Crimson King.
(c) They were eaten.
(d) They committed suicide.
14. What does Henry say about the town reeking in Chapter sixteen?
(a) It smells like death.
(b) Wendell must be around.
(c) It must be the beer factory.
(d) It is the fish factory.
15. What does Henry realize is part of the reason that the Fisherman has come to kill him?
(a) To confuse the police.
(b) To get revenge.
(c) To torment Dale.
(d) To mess with Jack's emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burny say there is a change of plans in the end of Chapter twenty-six?
2. What happens at the press conference in Chapter twenty-nine?
3. What does the boy say when Jack tells him about Mr. Kinderling confessing to the murders of the two hookers in LA?
4. What does Dale notice about Jack as they are beginning into the Black House in Chapter twenty-eight?
5. What word do the human bones spell out in one of the rooms that Jack and the others enter?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)