|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the residents of Nailhouse Row called?
(a) Four Blind Rats.
(b) Lightning Seven.
(c) Thunder Five.
(d) They do not have a name.
2. What does Henry say about the song that Burny requested while at the Strawberry Festival, 'I Can't Get Started'?
(a) He never did like that song.
(b) It was his wife's favorite song.
(c) It was the first song he ever bought.
(d) He broke the record long ago.
3. What does Dale say that Jack does that enables him to solve cases?
(a) He adds up the clues like an accountant.
(b) No one is sure what it is that Jack does.
(c) He listens.
(d) He associates with the killer.
4. What does Kaiser Bill answer when Danny asks why the Bikers are helping?
(a) They owe Dale.
(b) For Amy.
(c) They want the Fisherman caught.
(d) They are getting paid.
5. What is Burny suffering from?
6. What does Dale answer Brown in chapter fourteen when he is asked why he allowed Jack Sawyer to go to the crime scene?
(a) Jack owns this property.
(b) Jack got a personal message from the Fisherman.
(c) Jack found the body.
(d) Jack has cleared more homicide cases than any them ever will.
7. What does Henry say when Jack says that he did feel like a cop when he went back to the police station rather than a person playing a cop?
(a) It means that Tyler has a chance.
(b) It means that Jack was running toward the problem and not away from it.
(c) It means that Jack is going to catch the Fisherman.
(d) It means Jack is back where he belongs.
8. What surprised Richie Bumstead about the Thunder Five?
(a) They were very smart and had gone to college.
(b) They were humanitarians.
(c) They were all very religious.
(d) There were all independently wealthy.
9. What does Wendell realize when he watches Beezer and the other bikers turn away so easily from the main entrance to Ed's?
(a) They must not be going the same place.
(b) They are avoiding the cops.
(c) They are quiters.
(d) They know a back way in.
10. What does Jack promise T.J. when he begins questioning him alone?
(a) That what T.J. says will stay between them.
(b) That no one is in any trouble.
(c) That he won't arrest T.J.
(d) That Tyler will be just fine.
11. What is said about Charles Burnside in the end of Chapter one?
(a) He simply has lost his way.
(b) He will have a small part in the events to come.
(c) It is Burny we have most come to see.
(d) He is a tool used just as much as the missing children.
12. What does Jack think that cell phones are?
(a) A working man's lease to have a life.
(b) A necessity.
(c) Twenty-first-century slave bracelets.
(d) The best thing since sliced bread.
13. Why does Rebecca say that it is impossible that someone at Maxton's is involved in the Fisherman murders?
(a) They lock their patients up.
(b) Most of the men can't remember their own names.
(c) Anyoen that could have done those crimes would need privacy they don't have at Maxton's.
(d) They have cameras all through the facility.
14. What does Beezer seem to be doing when Wendel Green looks over and sees Beezer driving beside him in Chapter eleven?
15. What does Rebecca write down that Burny says to her in the hallway?
(a) Gorg, Crimson King.
(c) Albert Fish, Chicago.
(d) Fritz Haarman, Hanover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judy find in the fisherman's creel in Chapter five?
2. What does T.J. tell Jack about that unnerves Jack for a moment?
3. What does Beezer fight the urge to go and do in Chapter fifteen?
4. What does Jack say when Estelle Packard asks him if he is her father?
5. What does Dale tell Jack he should do with the package that he received from the Fisherman?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)