|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dale tell Jack he should do with the package that he received from the Fisherman?
(a) Put it back in the mail box.
(b) Hide it.
(c) Leave it at Ed's.
(d) Burn it.
2. What did Dale's dad tell him would happen if Dale went into farming halfhearted?
(a) Dale would find out what hell on Earth really was.
(b) Dale would learn to love it.
(c) Dale would become a mule.
(d) Dale would loose everything he had.
3. Where does Rebecca tell Chipper that Burny ought to be?
(a) In a coffin.
(b) A prison.
(c) A mental hospital.
(d) In a dark, dank hole.
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Alice's life as it is described in the beginning of Chapter two?
(a) She taught piano for many children.
(b) She has outlived two husbands.
(c) She has always known she would die at Maxton's.
(d) She has six grandchildren.
5. What festival is going to start that the posters advertise in Chapter one?
(a) Watermelon festival.
(b) Strawberry festival.
(c) Apple festival.
(d) Old West festival.
6. What does Rebecca think that Chipper reminds her of in chapter seven when he is grinning after counting out his money?
(a) A dead end to a rough road.
(b) A buzzard.
(c) A cheap suite.
7. What thought does Jack have when he first arrives at the police station in Chapter eight that makes him feel immediately guilty?
(a) He thinks he should go home.
(b) He would have to trade his own sanity for the kid's life.
(c) He is not there to be their savior.
(d) He isn't going to help save this kid.
8. What does one of the signs say that people are carrying when they converge on Danny and Pam in Chapter thirteen?
(a) Gilbertson must go.
(b) Sawyer is as guilty as the Fisherman.
(c) All cops are pigs.
(d) The Fisherman haunts these grounds.
9. What is said about Charles Burnside in the end of Chapter one?
(a) He simply has lost his way.
(b) It is Burny we have most come to see.
(c) He will have a small part in the events to come.
(d) He is a tool used just as much as the missing children.
10. What does Wendell realize when he sees Doodles Sanger?
(a) He slept with her years earlier.
(b) She is the police reports often.
(c) She has dated his brother.
(d) She had put several of the dents in Wendell's car.
11. What does Fred Marshall tell Dale after Tyler goes missing?
(a) I will sue you if you don't find my son alive.
(b) I want to be involved in this investigation.
(c) I don't wnat you on this case.
(d) I have no confidence in you.
12. What does Beezer seem to be doing when Wendel Green looks over and sees Beezer driving beside him in Chapter eleven?
13. How does Henry say that he is able to find the handle of the truck without grasping to find it?
(b) He isn't sure but it's pretty cool.
(c) It makes a sound.
14. What are the residents of Nailhouse Row called?
(a) They do not have a name.
(b) Thunder Five.
(c) Lightning Seven.
(d) Four Blind Rats.
15. What does Wendell realize when he watches Beezer and the other bikers turn away so easily from the main entrance to Ed's?
(a) They are avoiding the cops.
(b) They know a back way in.
(c) They must not be going the same place.
(d) They are quiters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rebecca say that it is impossible that someone at Maxton's is involved in the Fisherman murders?
2. What does Dale ask Jack when they first arrive at Ed's?
3. What does Jack tell Dale to do with the price he has quoted Jack on the house in Chapter four?
4. What does Ebbie say when Jack explains that it was George Rathbun in the truck with him listening to the loud music?
5. In Chapter four, what had the voice said to Jack that woke him up that morning?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)