|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say has cosmic importance?
2. How does Anne wish she could write all the time?
3. What does Anne determine needs to be at the center of your stories?
4. KFKD plays in stereo. What does Anne say plays out of the left and right speakers?
5. What joy has Anne found in publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What additional benefit results from Anne calling around in search for the name of the wire thing topping champagne bottles?
2. According to Anne, how can having a writing group affect you and your work as a writer?
3. In dealing with our characters, what is moral material, according to Anne?
4. What does Anne state is the myth of publication?
5. How does Anne suggest jealousy can be beneficial for a writer?
6. Does Anne consider calling around work?
7. Why does Anne encourage her students to write out of vengeance, as long as they do it nicely?
8. Six months before Pammy died, her doctor told Anne to watch her carefully. In dying, how was Pammy teaching Anne how to live? What effect has this had on Anne's writing?
9. What do Annie Dillard and Anne say about giving to your work?
10. What are the two things that put Anne in the spirit to give?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When you are stuck and cannot think of any other thing to do, but you can not leave your work alone, how does writing a letter help the writer? Who can you write the letter to? What can the letter be about? What does the writing a letter free the writer from?
Essay Topic 2
How is listening to our small inner voice, our intuition, helpful to a writer? Why have some of us lost access to our broccoli? What is a good metaphor to use for your own broccoli?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from getting published, what are reasons to write? What are some things that reading books helps us understand?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)