|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Anne, your unconscious cannot work when this is going on.
(a) When KFKD is on.
(b) When you are breathing down its neck.
(c) When you are jealous.
(d) When you cannot get a particular song out of your head.
2. What Sharon Olds poem does Anne pass out at every class?
(a) I Write.
(c) The Winds Carried Me.
(d) I Go Back to May 1937.
3. What did Anne's book do for her father?
(a) It gave him an ulcer, because Anne was not a very good writer at this point.
(b) It gave him inspiration to write a book before he died.
(c) Gave him the best possible months before he died and the best death.
(d) It gave him hope to get better.
4. What is libel?
(a) It is the liberty within us all.
(b) Making untrue accusations.
(c) What you can sue the papers for and get lots of money.
(d) Defamation by written or printed word.
5. What is one reason Anne wrote the book for her father?
(a) The Dalai Lama himself told her to write it.
(b) There was only one book about cancer that was funny.
(c) She was jealous of another writer's book about cancer.
(d) She needed an advance from her agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne state is the most degrading occupational hazard of being a writer?
2. What does Anne suggest students do when faced with "writer's block?"
3. What constructive way does Anne suggest a writer deal with jealousy?
4. What did Anne's therapist tell her jealousy was?
5. What is the best thing to do when you have a decision to make and do not know what to do?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)