|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fourteenth Dalai Lama claim to be his religion?
(c) Good ethics.
(d) Moral position.
2. How do Anne's students often respond when asked why they want to write?
(a) They want to get published.
(b) They are looking for a writing companion.
(c) They do not want to be silenced anymore.
(d) They want money, fame, and fortune.
3. According to Anne, becoming a writer is about becoming ________.
4. If we do not have our broccoli to help us write, what guides us?
(a) Our rational mind.
(b) The one-inch picture frame.
(c) The plot treatment.
(d) The set design.
5. What are two good reasons cited by Anne for calling around?
(a) You can consider it work and double-bill your agent.
(b) People enjoy talking about what they know, and you can consider it.
(c) People enjoy talking about what they know, and it keeps you from being bored.
(d) It keeps you from being bored, and you can double-bill your agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say has cosmic importance?
2. According to Anne, what does being a writer guarantee?
3. How many people have told Anne they were thankful to know what the wire was on champagne bottles?
4. KFKD plays in stereo. What does Anne say plays out of the left and right speakers?
5. What is the best thing to do when you have a decision to make and do not know what to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne say someone reading your material can help you?
2. How can breathing calmly affect you when KFKD is playing?
3. What do Annie Dillard and Anne say about giving to your work?
4. In Part 3, Help Along the Way, Section 1, Index Cards, Anne uses the index cards not only for notes, but in what other way?
5. Why does writing matter, according to Anne?
6. Anne does not agree with the use of the word "block" in "writer's block." How does Anne describe this feeling?
7. What has Anne found to be the best ways of dealing with station KFKD?
8. Anne states that writers strive to tell the truth. Can truth be told as a one-liner on a bumper sticker?
9. What additional benefit results from Anne calling around in search for the name of the wire thing topping champagne bottles?
10. In Part 4, Section 4, Publication, Anne is humbled by two events. What were they?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)