|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did we lose access to our broccoli?
(a) Writer's block.
(b) We got lazy.
(c) Dr. Suess took it away.
(d) Grown-ups corrected, ridiculed, or punished us for our words.
2. According to Anne, what should our stories encompass?
(a) The truth as we know it, that is all we have to share.
(b) The truth as others see it, no one cares what you think.
(c) Half truths, which are much more interesting.
(d) No truth at all, total fiction is riveting.
3. What does the fourteenth Dalai Lama claim to be his religion?
(b) Moral position.
(d) Good ethics.
4. When writing her letter to Sam, who did Anne picture peering over her shoulder?
(c) Dr. Suess.
(d) Her editor.
5. What did Anne have after a full day of calling around?
(a) Nothing, no one had any material for her that was useful.
(b) A description of chardonnay wine.
(c) A description of vineyards.
(d) A description of how to train grapevines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne suggest you should expect someone to review your work?
2. What voice does Anne say is the real and true voice of a writer?
3. What does Anne consider a most depressing experience?
4. In Anne's comments on the Gulf Stream, what is the straw a metaphor for?
5. Where has Anne found some of the best letter writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne state is the myth of publication?
2. In Part 4, Publication and Other Reasons to Write, Section 1, Writing a Present, Anne describes bowling as life at its most immediate. What did she mean by this?
3. What are the two things that put Anne in the spirit to give?
4. What does Anne say is a major step is in relying on your own intuition?
5. Why does Anne suggest writing a letter when you have run out of ideas of what to do next?
6. How can breathing calmly affect you when KFKD is playing?
7. Why does writing matter, according to Anne?
8. How does Anne say someone reading your material can help you?
9. According to Anne, how can having a writing group affect you and your work as a writer?
10. What does Anne say one's own broccoli can tell them?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)