|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What voice does Anne say is the real and true voice of a writer?
(a) The voice playing on KFKD.
(b) Their own voice.
(c) The broccoli voice.
(d) Another writer's voice.
2. Why did we lose access to our broccoli?
(a) We got lazy.
(b) Writer's block.
(c) Dr. Suess took it away.
(d) Grown-ups corrected, ridiculed, or punished us for our words.
3. According to Anne, when did we hear and listen to our intuition?
(a) As teenagers.
(b) As adults.
(c) At age 20.
(d) As children.
4. Anne has written two books and a short story as presents. Who were they for?
(a) The Dalai Lama, her father, and Pammy.
(b) Her father, Pammy, and Brice.
(c) Her father, Pammy, and Brice's parents.
(d) Pammy, her father, and her son.
5. What does Anne suggest students do when faced with "writer's block?"
(a) Accept that they are challenged writers who should take her class again later.
(b) Write about school breakfasts to get the creativeness flowing.
(c) Breathe calmly and meditate.
(d) Accept that they are not in a creative period right now, in doing so you free yourself to fill up again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne suggest feedback from someone close to you yields?
2. Why does Anne state you should explore and understand your childhood?
3. What is the best way to quiet KFKD?
4. Anne does not agree with the word "block," which suggests something is constipated or stuck. How does she describe 'writer's block'?
5. According to Anne, what can the writing of an informal letter free you from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two things that put Anne in the spirit to give?
2. How can breathing calmly affect you when KFKD is playing?
3. Good things happen to bad writers, mainly, anyone who is not you. Why does this happen according to Anne?
4. Why does writing matter, according to Anne?
5. According to Anne, how can having a writing group affect you and your work as a writer?
6. Why does Anne have index cards all over her house?
7. Does Anne consider calling around work?
8. Why do Anne students sometimes take on the voice of popular writers?
9. What is the main reason Anne's students want to write?
10. What are some reasons that students attend Anne's writing classes?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)