|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What soothes and heals Anne when she is paranoid, jealous, or upset for any reason?
(a) Going to the beach.
(b) Calling around.
(c) Asprin and a nap.
2. What kind of feedback do the two people that read Anne's drafts give her?
(a) How to make her story funnier, stronger, more interesting, and less tedious.
(b) How to make her story less tedious and in funnier dialect.
(c) How to make her story more interesting and publication ready.
(d) How to make her story into a blockbuster movie.
3. As a writer, what is very hard for Anne to take?
(a) Dialog in dialect.
(b) Suggestions on new characters.
4. What did Anne have after a full day of calling around?
(a) A description of how to train grapevines.
(b) Nothing, no one had any material for her that was useful.
(c) A description of chardonnay wine.
(d) A description of vineyards.
5. What is libel?
(a) It is the liberty within us all.
(b) Making untrue accusations.
(c) What you can sue the papers for and get lots of money.
(d) Defamation by written or printed word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne and her friend Carpenter do for each other on the day they both had books out?
2. Besides calling around, what is another way to escape the isolation of writing?
3. According to Anne, your unconscious cannot work when this is going on.
4. What does Anne state is the most degrading occupational hazard of being a writer?
5. What is the best way to quiet KFKD?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should a reviewer respond to your material, according to Anne?
2. Why do Anne students sometimes take on the voice of popular writers?
3. In Part 4, Section 4, Publication, Anne is humbled by two events. What were they?
4. In dealing with our characters, what is moral material, according to Anne?
5. Anne states that writers strive to tell the truth. Can truth be told as a one-liner on a bumper sticker?
6. How can breathing calmly affect you when KFKD is playing?
7. Why does writing matter, according to Anne?
8. What two books did Anne write as gifts and why?
9. What is the main reason Anne's students want to write?
10. What has Anne found to be the best ways of dealing with station KFKD?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)