|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately helped Anne overcome her jealousy?
(a) Talking to a friend.
(b) Going to visit family.
(c) Feeling it and then writing about it.
2. A moral position is not a message, but what is it according to Anne?
(a) Wishful thinking.
(b) Something you need to make sure everyone believes, or you shouldn't associate with them.
(c) A passionate caring inside you.
(d) Something to spend a couple of paragraphs on in your book.
3. What does the fourteenth Dalai Lama claim to be his religion?
(a) Good ethics.
(d) Moral position.
4. How does Anne write at times when she is stuck?
(a) As if she was dying tomorrow.
(b) As if she will live forever.
(c) She writes in first person.
(d) She does not write at all, but goes to the beach instead.
5. What did Anne's therapist tell her jealousy was?
(a) An emotion that can tear apart friends.
(b) An emotion to be ignored and forgotten.
(c) A secondary emotion from feeling excluded and deprived.
(d) An emotion that can irritate her ulcers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best thing to do when you have a decision to make and do not know what to do?
2. What did Annie Dillard say about writing?
3. According to Anne, what does being a writer guarantee?
4. Where does Anne say a moral position begins?
5. What did Anne's book do for her father?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)