|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anne get the idea to use broccoli as her intuition?
(a) Samuel Goldwyn.
(b) Mel Brooks.
(c) The fourteenth Dalai Lama.
(d) Dr. Suess.
2. What does Anne suggest you do when your mind starts to wander again and again?
(a) Take another nap.
(b) Gently bring your mind back to your work.
(c) Call a friend again.
(d) Blast heavy-metal music again.
3. What does Anne suggest students do when faced with "writer's block?"
(a) Breathe calmly and meditate.
(b) Write about school breakfasts to get the creativeness flowing.
(c) Accept that they are not in a creative period right now, in doing so you free yourself to fill up again.
(d) Accept that they are challenged writers who should take her class again later.
4. What is the name of the wire that covers all champagne corks?
(a) Wire hood.
(b) Wire thingy.
(c) Cork holder.
5. According to Anne, becoming a writer is about becoming ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before she sends copies to her editor or agent, who reads Anne's drafts for her?
2. What is the way to the truth, your truth, according to Anne?
3. Besides calling around, what is another way to escape the isolation of writing?
4. What does Anne determine needs to be at the center of your stories?
5. As a writer, what is very hard for Anne to take?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)