|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What joy has Anne found in publication?
(a) Knowing that she is doing what she loves best.
(b) Knowing that more book offers are on the way.
(c) The money.
(d) Realizing that work is over and she can move on now.
2. What other writing skill did Anne use to write her letter to Sam?
(a) Calling around.
(b) School lunches.
(d) One-inch picture frame.
3. What did Anne have after a full day of calling around?
(a) A description of vineyards.
(b) A description of how to train grapevines.
(c) A description of chardonnay wine.
(d) Nothing, no one had any material for her that was useful.
4. What brings Anne's students the feeling of liberation?
(a) A deep breath.
(b) Writing about their childhood.
(c) Discipline in writing.
(d) Writing about people who wronged them.
5. If we do not have our broccoli to help us write, what guides us?
(a) The set design.
(b) Our rational mind.
(c) The plot treatment.
(d) The one-inch picture frame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne keep her index cards?
2. What does Anne use index cards for?
3. What is the best way to quiet KFKD?
4. According to Anne, when did we hear and listen to our intuition?
5. What is the name of the wire that covers all champagne corks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons that students attend Anne's writing classes?
2. In dealing with our characters, what is moral material, according to Anne?
3. What two books did Anne write as gifts and why?
4. What are the two things that put Anne in the spirit to give?
5. Six months before Pammy died, her doctor told Anne to watch her carefully. In dying, how was Pammy teaching Anne how to live? What effect has this had on Anne's writing?
6. What does Anne state is the myth of publication?
7. In Part 4, Section 4, Publication, Anne is humbled by two events. What were they?
8. Anne does not agree with the use of the word "block" in "writer's block." How does Anne describe this feeling?
9. Why do Anne students sometimes take on the voice of popular writers?
10. What has Anne found to be the best ways of dealing with station KFKD?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)