|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of Anne's former students, the four that formed a writing group, how many of them had been published?
(c) All of them.
2. What did Anne have after a full day of calling around?
(a) Nothing, no one had any material for her that was useful.
(b) A description of how to train grapevines.
(c) A description of chardonnay wine.
(d) A description of vineyards.
3. What does Ms. Allende's writing style offer to the reader?
(a) A sense of being understood.
(b) Sharp turns and suspenseful drama.
(c) Nourishment of the imagination and wonder.
(d) A headache.
4. What is publication like for Anne?
(a) The last few weeks of pregnancy and the first day of seventh-day PE class.
(b) A joyous event and all her self-doubt is erased.
(c) Her phone rings off the hook with friends and publishers calling her.
(d) It is really uneventful, no one notices or comments.
5. According to Anne, your unconscious cannot work when this is going on.
(a) When you are jealous.
(b) When you are breathing down its neck.
(c) When you cannot get a particular song out of your head.
(d) When KFKD is on.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Anne, what is publication not going to do for you?
2. Where did the book Anne wrote about her friend Pammy originate?
3. When you are still, and breathing calmly, what can happen, according to Anne?
4. How does Anne suggest you should expect someone to review your work?
5. What are two good reasons cited by Anne for calling around?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne say someone reading your material can help you?
2. Why does writing matter, according to Anne?
3. What does Anne say is a major step is in relying on your own intuition?
4. What has Anne found to be the best ways of dealing with station KFKD?
5. How did Anne's article about being a lifelong Giants fan originate?
6. What additional benefit results from Anne calling around in search for the name of the wire thing topping champagne bottles?
7. What are the two things that put Anne in the spirit to give?
8. Six months before Pammy died, her doctor told Anne to watch her carefully. In dying, how was Pammy teaching Anne how to live? What effect has this had on Anne's writing?
9. What does Anne state is the myth of publication?
10. What are some reasons that students attend Anne's writing classes?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)