|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Anne, what does being a writer guarantee?
(a) You will travel and meet many interesting people.
(b) You will become neurotic.
(c) You will get published and receive lots of money.
(d) You will spend too much time alone.
2. What kind of feedback do the two people that read Anne's drafts give her?
(a) How to make her story funnier, stronger, more interesting, and less tedious.
(b) How to make her story into a blockbuster movie.
(c) How to make her story less tedious and in funnier dialect.
(d) How to make her story more interesting and publication ready.
3. What does Anne sometimes use her index cards for?
(a) Thought provoking party favors.
(b) Nothing, she throws them all away.
(c) Set design.
(d) Short assignments, to get writing again.
4. What does Anne consider a most depressing experience?
(a) Editors not liking your work.
(b) Writer's block.
(d) Having so much material you can not write fast enough.
5. Why does Anne state that writing matters?
(a) Only to heal the writer.
(b) Because you can get published.
(c) Because you can affect the heart and spirit of the reader.
(d) To heal the writer and get published.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are good ways to start writing groups?
2. How does Anne suggest finding a partner to read your work?
3. What did Anne have after a full day of calling around?
4. What voice does Anne say is the real and true voice of a writer?
5. When you are stuck in your writing, but you can not leave it alone, what is something Anne suggests to try?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Anne consider calling around work?
2. In dealing with our characters, what is moral material, according to Anne?
3. Why does Anne encourage her students to write out of vengeance, as long as they do it nicely?
4. What does Anne say one's own broccoli can tell them?
5. What does Anne say is a major step is in relying on your own intuition?
6. Why does writing matter, according to Anne?
7. What are the two things that put Anne in the spirit to give?
8. According to Anne, how can having a writing group affect you and your work as a writer?
9. What additional benefit results from Anne calling around in search for the name of the wire thing topping champagne bottles?
10. In Part 4, Section 4, Publication, Anne is humbled by two events. What were they?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)