Section 1: Introduction
• Anne grew up in a family that read a great deal, and went to the library every Thursday. Her father was a writer.
• Some of her father's friends made her feel anxious, because they would pass out at the dinner table from drinking too much.
• Anne's father's writing routine started each day at 5:30 am with several hours of writing.
• Writing taught her father to pay attention. In turn, he taught others to pay attention, and to write down what they saw.
• As a child, Anne's first poem to receive attention was about John Glenn.
• Anne was admittedly a strange looking child, and she did not feel like she fit in.
• Anne started writing a lot in high school.
• In college, Anne gained hope that she might find a place in her community.
• Anne moved back to San Francisco and worked as a Kelly Girl. This was...
This section contains 3,389 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)