|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is especially enlivened by Mrs. Manresa's presence?
(a) Mr. Oliver.
(d) Captain Mayhew.
2. What is Mr. Oliver's religious belief?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He is agnostic.
(c) He is Pantheistic.
(d) He is Polytheistic.
3. What book does Mr. Oliver use for reference?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) An encyclopedia.
(c) A bible.
(d) A farmer's almanac.
4. What music plays after the young girl makes her announcement?
(a) Home, Sweet Home.
(b) I had a love in old Skibbereen.
(c) When the Saints go Marching in.
(d) Dispersed we are.
5. Who laughs at Mrs. Swithin's odd manner?
(c) Young nobles.
(d) Mr. Oliver.
6. Who does Giles focus most of his anger on after arriving at Pointz Hall?
(a) Mrs. Swithin.
(c) Mrs. Manresa.
(d) Mr. Oliver.
7. Where does Mrs. Swithin say the birds come from?
8. What does the first player who comes out on stage represent?
(d) The dead.
9. What has Mrs. Swithin nailed to the barn?
(a) A lantern holder.
(b) A curtain.
(c) A flag pole.
(d) A placard.
10. What is the general opinion of Albert in real life?
(a) That he is an excellent actor.
(b) That he is highly intelligent.
(c) That he is dashing.
(d) That he is an idiot.
11. What kind of event does Pointz Hall host every year?
(a) A pageant.
(b) A fashion show.
(c) A farmer's market.
(d) A fireworks display.
12. Which of the following is a problem William is facing?
(a) A gambling problem.
(b) A loveless marriage.
(c) A serious illness.
13. What does the cook prepare for the event preparers?
14. What does the young girl return to the stage to announce?
(a) That the pageant is over.
(b) That the next scene has been cut.
(c) That charitable donations are being accepted in the barn.
15. Who is said to have drowned in the lily pond near Pointz Hall?
(a) A child.
(b) A noblewoman.
(c) A prince.
(d) Mr. Oliver's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Manresa welcomed?
2. What word do people use to refer to Miss La Trobe?
3. What role does Albert play?
4. What is Mrs. Sands' tea said to taste like?
5. How does Miss La Trobe regard the pageant?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)