|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Manresa described?
(a) As a forgetful nuisance.
(b) As an old dear.
(c) As an overdressed windbag.
(d) As a timid and polite lady.
2. What is Mrs. Sands' tea said to taste like?
(a) Dirt boiled in water.
(b) Rust boiled in water.
(c) Coffee boined in water.
(d) Linen boiled in water.
3. Who is especially enlivened by Mrs. Manresa's presence?
(a) Mr. Oliver.
(b) Captain Mayhew.
4. What kind of birds are flying in the barn?
5. What does the first player who comes out on stage represent?
(b) The dead.
6. What does Mrs. Swithin forget on her tour of Pointz Hall?
(a) Who the people in the portraits are.
(b) Her husband's name.
(c) The way to the drawing room.
(d) That there is an event being held in the evening.
7. Why did someone supposedly drown themselves in the lily pond?
(a) Because of lovesickness.
(b) Because of depression.
(c) Because they committed murder.
(d) Because they were insane.
8. What awkward moment occurs during the play?
(a) A moment when the set falls down.
(b) A moment when a woman forgets her lines.
(c) A moment when the wrong music is played.
(d) A moment when there is no one on stage.
9. Where does Mrs. Swithin say the birds come from?
10. Where is the acting troupe preparing for the pageant?
(a) In the bushes.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the dining hall.
11. What does Miss La Trobe lament after the play is stopped?
(a) Having to cut one of the scenes.
(b) Stopping the play at a high point.
(c) Being unable to make an announcement to the audience.
(d) Forgetting to turn the stagelights on in time.
12. What does Lucy imagine as she looks out the window?
(a) A vast city.
(b) A tall tower.
(c) Lions and giraffes.
13. What does William have a brief fantasy about?
(a) A romance with Isa.
(b) Owning the Pointz Hall estate.
(c) Jumping up on stage and singing.
(d) Eloping with Mrs. Manresa.
14. What does Mr. Oliver call his grandson after surprising him from behind a tree?
(a) A brat.
(b) An old-soul.
(c) A cry-baby.
(d) A prince.
15. What does Mrs. Manresa wonder once the pageant starts?
(a) Whether it will rain.
(b) Whether it will run till midnight.
(c) Whether the actors are wearing make up.
(d) Whether Giles is looking at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to have drowned in the lily pond near Pointz Hall?
2. What does the servant named Candish prepare for the event?
3. What noise announces the beginning of the play?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Mrs. Swithin gives into whole-heartedly?
5. What is the name of the Pointz Hall cook?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)