|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss La Trobe lament after the play is stopped?
(a) Having to cut one of the scenes.
(b) Stopping the play at a high point.
(c) Forgetting to turn the stagelights on in time.
(d) Being unable to make an announcement to the audience.
2. What is NOT mentioned in the long and confusing passage that is recited in the play?
(a) A man in a hood.
(b) Bloody hands.
(c) A terrible accident.
(d) Concealing a baby.
3. What do William and Mrs. Swithin see when they go outside?
(b) Mr. Oliver playing with his dog.
(c) Cars arriving.
(d) A cloud of smoke.
4. Who is Miss La Trobe?
(a) Mr. Oliver's secretary.
(b) The pageant director.
(c) A visitor from France.
(d) Mr. Oliver's neighbor.
5. What is 'the old wall'?
(a) The oldest part of the Pointz Hall house.
(b) Giles' nickname for his aunt.
(c) A never-completed renovation to Pointz Hall.
(d) A portion of Hadrian's Wall that crosses the property.
6. What is Mrs. Sands' tea said to taste like?
(a) Coffee boined in water.
(b) Dirt boiled in water.
(c) Linen boiled in water.
(d) Rust boiled in water.
7. Who recites a long and confusing passage in the play?
(a) A boy dressed as Robin Hood.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A man posing as Shakespeare.
(d) An old crone.
8. How does the audience react when Eliza Clark's character appears?
(a) They boo.
(b) They applaud politely.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They whistle and cheer.
9. What does Giles Oliver do for a living?
(a) Giles is a writer.
(b) Giles is a stockbroker.
(c) Giles is a lawyer.
(d) Giles is a film producer.
10. What is Mr. Oliver's religious belief?
(a) He is Pantheistic.
(b) He is an atheist.
(c) He is Polytheistic.
(d) He is agnostic.
11. Which of the following is not one of Mrs. Sands' helpers?
12. What kind of dog does Mr. Oliver have?
(a) A Greyhound.
(b) A Labrador.
(c) A Beagle.
(d) An Afghan.
13. During the tour of Pointz Hall, what does Mrs. Swithin point out in a bedroom?
(a) A portrait of her mother.
(b) A collection of antique books.
(c) The bed she was born in.
(d) The beautiful view.
14. Who does Giles focus most of his anger on after arriving at Pointz Hall?
(a) Mrs. Swithin.
(b) Mrs. Manresa.
(d) Mr. Oliver.
15. Where is the acting troupe preparing for the pageant?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the dining hall.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) In the garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Haines do for a living?
2. What do the villagers do when "Queen Elizabeth" returns to the stage?
3. Who laughs at Mrs. Swithin's odd manner?
4. How is Mrs. Manresa described?
5. What is the name of Mr. Oliver's son?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)