|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 121 - 135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the audience react when Eliza Clark's character appears?
(a) They applaud politely.
(b) They whistle and cheer.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They boo.
2. What has Giles read about in the newspaper?
(a) Civilian casualties in Europe.
(b) A famine in Africa.
(c) The stock market crash.
(d) A fire in London.
3. Which of the following is a problem William is facing?
(a) A serious illness.
(b) A loveless marriage.
(d) A gambling problem.
4. Which of the following is not one of Mrs. Sands' helpers?
5. What makes Isa angry about Giles when she sees him in the barn?
(a) He has dirtied his suit.
(b) His infidelity.
(c) His coldness towards his son.
(d) His rudeness towards Mrs. Manresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy imagine as she looks out the window?
2. How does Giles feel about what he read in the newspaper?
3. What does Isa wonder about the pageant?
4. Who is the first player to appear in the play?
5. What have Mr. Haines, his wife, and Mr. Oliver gathered to discuss at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)