Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
(b) Solitude and quiet.
(d) His tea.
2. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
(a) Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. Martin.
3. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(b) A gong.
(c) A ringing telephone.
(d) A ringing doorbell.
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Eat scones.
(b) Eat chicken.
(c) Recite poetry.
(d) Drink tea.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) Mary developed the hiccups.
(b) Mrs. Smith died.
(c) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(d) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Smiths?
2. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
3. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
5. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plot and the moral behind the story, "The Dog and the Cow."
2. Describe the Smith children.
3. How are pity and fear used to evoke a response from the audience?
4. Describe the Mr. and Mrs. Martin's daughter.
5. What official business has the Fire Chief visiting the Smiths?
6. What comedic coincidences exist in the play?
7. Describe the story of the calf that gave birth to a cow.
8. What is the point of the story, "The Headcold"?
9. What illogical elements exist in the play?
10. Describe the protagonist and antagonist of the play.
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)