|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
2. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) The Martins.
(d) No one.
3. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(a) Second class.
(d) First class.
4. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
(a) In his cabana among his cacao trees.
(b) In a treehouse in London park.
(c) In the south of France.
(d) Somewhere over the rainbow.
5. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
(a) She sat for too long.
(b) She thought her gas was her comb.
(c) She did not drink her tea.
(d) She was waiting for someone to answer the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
2. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
3. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
4. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
2. How is mediocrity presented in the play?
3. Describe Mrs. Martin.
4. Describe the Fire Chief.
5. What conflicts arise in the play and how are they resolved?
6. How do the characters deviate from their assigned stations in life?
7. What is the significance of the mirror?
8. What argument centers around the Watson family?
9. Describe the plot and the moral behind the story, "The Dog and the Cow."
10. Describe the setting of the play.
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)