|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) She courted Mr. Smith.
(d) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
2. What did Mary buy for herself?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A robin.
(c) A chamber pot.
(d) A bottle of rum.
3. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
(a) To chat with Mary.
(b) To talk to Mr. Smith.
(c) To make herself understood.
(d) To read the newspaper.
4. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
(a) A movie.
(b) A beautiful sunset.
(c) A straw fire and a little heartburn.
(d) A roaring blaze at his flat.
5. What does Mary claim is her real name?
(a) Bobby Watson.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Mary Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
2. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
3. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
4. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
5. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dull story does Mrs. Martin tell to amaze Mr. Martin and the Smiths?
2. What satirical elements exist in the play?
3. Describe Mrs. Martin.
4. How does the play parody English society?
5. What is the significance of the mirror?
6. Describe the story of "The Snake and the Fox."
7. What argument erupts over the doorbell?
8. Describe the protagonist and antagonist of the play.
9. Why is "The Bald Soprano" also called "the anti-play"?
10. What ironic elements exist in the play?
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)