|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) The Fire Chief was hiding.
(b) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
(c) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(d) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
2. What inconsistencies exist about Mrs. Watson's appearance?
(a) Her hair color.
(b) The color of her eyes.
(c) Her race.
(d) Her size and height.
3. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
(a) For going out that afternoon.
(b) For sleeping on the divan.
(c) For missing dinner.
(d) For being arrested.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(c) Orange juice.
5. According to Mr. Smith, what are the names of the Watson children?
(a) John and Sherlock.
(b) Mary and Bobby.
(c) Mary and Mary.
(d) Bobby and Bobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
2. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
3. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
4. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
5. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the conversation among the Smiths and the Martins change after the Fire Chief leaves?
2. What drama unfolds as the Martins wait for the Smiths?
3. Describe the Smith children.
4. What is the significance of the Martins beginning the play at the end of the drama?
5. What role does the clock play in the drama?
6. How does the Fire Chief settle the argument over the doorbell?
7. How does the play parody English society?
8. Describe Mr. Martin.
9. Describe Mrs. Martin.
10. What argument erupts over the doorbell?
This section contains 1,371 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)