|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
(a) Over the hedge.
(b) At home.
(c) At church.
(d) In the bedroom.
2. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
3. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
(b) The fourth-class petty officer of the Royal Navy.
(c) The priest's grandmother.
(d) The Fire Chief's brother-in law
4. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(b) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(c) She takes a cab.
(d) The 9:30 train.
5. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
(a) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(b) They eat too much and drink too little.
(c) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(d) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses and drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
2. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
3. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
4. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
5. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bobby Watson?
2. Why does the Fire Chief leave the Smiths' house?
3. Why does the Fire Chief have difficulty finding a fire?
4. How do the characters react to Mary's poem, "The Fire"?
5. Describe Mrs. Smith.
6. Describe the story of the calf that gave birth to a cow.
7. Describe the stereotypes the characters represent.
8. How do Mary and the Fire Chief shock the Smiths and the Martins?
9. How is the play both a comedy and a tragedy?
10. Describe the plot and the moral behind the story, "The Dog and the Cow."
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)