|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A trip to London.
(c) A silver salver.
(d) A silver spoon.
2. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(a) A chicken.
(b) Sore toes.
(c) An egg.
3. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
4. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) She loved the story.
(b) She wanted to write it down.
(c) She wants Mary to hear the story.
(d) She could not follow the story.
5. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) It will turn vicious.
(b) It will melt.
(d) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
2. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
3. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
4. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
5. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What official business has the Fire Chief visiting the Smiths?
2. Describe the stereotypes the characters represent.
3. What topic begins the conversation of the play?
4. How is the plot developed in the play?
5. What effect does the outcome of the play have on the characters?
6. Describe the Smith children.
7. What is the significance of the Martins beginning the play at the end of the drama?
8. What drama unfolds as the Martins wait for the Smiths?
9. Describe the Mr. and Mrs. Martin's daughter.
10. How is repetition used as a literary device?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)