|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) A silver salver.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A wooden spoon.
2. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(b) No one.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) The Royal Navy.
3. Whom does Mary embrace after the stories have been told?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Bobby Watson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
5. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
(b) The Martins.
(c) No one.
(d) The Fire Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
2. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
3. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
4. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
5. According to Mr. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play parody English society?
2. How did Mary spend her day before the Martins arrive?
3. Describe Mr. Smith.
4. What is the significance of the mirror?
5. How are the characters emotionally distant and disconnected?
6. Describe the plot and the moral behind the story, "The Dog and the Cow."
7. What illogical elements exist in the play?
8. Describe the stereotypes the characters represent.
9. Why does the Fire Chief leave the Smiths' house?
10. What is the significance of the Martins beginning the play at the end of the drama?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)