|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
(a) A typist.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A clerk.
(d) A shop-assistant.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
(a) Rose tinted glasses.
(b) The window.
(c) Thin air.
(d) The door.
3. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
4. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
(a) Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
(b) Tuesdays, Mondays, and Saturdays.
(c) Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Sundays.
(d) Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Tuesdays.
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) The fire is out.
(b) No one is at the door.
(c) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(d) The tea is ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
2. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
3. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
4. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
5. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
2. Describe Mrs. Smith.
3. What comedic coincidences exist in the play?
4. How are nonsensical words used in the play?
5. Why is "The Bald Soprano" also called "the anti-play"?
6. How do Mary and the Fire Chief shock the Smiths and the Martins?
7. How does the play parody English society?
8. Describe the discussion that centers around Dr. Mackenzie-King.
9. Describe the plot behind Mrs. Smith's story of the man who bought flowers.
10. What is the significance of the Martins beginning the play at the end of the drama?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)