|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(a) Orange juice.
3. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(b) The Fire Chief and Mary.
(c) Mr. Martin and Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
4. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bow.
5. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
2. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
4. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
5. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion that centers around Dr. Mackenzie-King.
2. How is the plot developed in the play?
3. What topic begins the conversation of the play?
4. Describe the Mr. and Mrs. Martin's daughter.
5. Describe Mr. Smith.
6. What illogical elements exist in the play?
7. How are nonsensical words used in the play?
8. How did Mary spend her day before the Martins arrive?
9. How does the play parody English society?
10. Describe the story of "The Snake and the Fox."
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)