|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
2. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
(a) William, the shop-assistant.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) The Fire Chief.
3. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
(d) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
4. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
(a) Because they travel a great deal.
(b) They have had an adventurous day.
(c) Because they are entertainers.
(d) Because the television is broken.
5. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
2. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
3. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
4. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
5. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Dog and the Cow", why didn't the dog swallow his trunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Martin.
2. Describe the protagonist and antagonist of the play.
3. Describe the Smith children.
4. How is the play both a comedy and a tragedy?
5. What is the significance of the mirror?
6. How does the conversation among the Smiths and the Martins change after the Fire Chief leaves?
7. What is the point of the story, "The Headcold"?
8. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
9. How do Mary and the Fire Chief shock the Smiths and the Martins?
10. Describe Mr. Smith.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)