|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
(a) Sits and thinks.
(b) Rests and sleeps.
(c) Runs and jumps.
(d) Eats and drinks.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(b) No one is at the door.
(c) The tea is ready.
(d) The fire is out.
3. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The 9:30 train.
(b) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(c) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(d) She takes a cab.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
5. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He recites poetry.
(c) He shakes her.
(d) He slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
3. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
4. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
5. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Smiths?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bobby Watson?
2. How does the play parody English society?
3. Why does the Fire Chief have difficulty finding a fire?
4. How are nonsensical words used in the play?
5. Describe the Smith children.
6. What official business has the Fire Chief visiting the Smiths?
7. What effect does the outcome of the play have on the characters?
8. How does the Fire Chief settle the argument over the doorbell?
9. Describe the story of the calf that gave birth to a cow.
10. What comedic coincidences exist in the play?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)