|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) The Royal Navy.
(d) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
2. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
(b) Voice teacher.
3. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
(a) A bow.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
4. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(b) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(c) He does not have any tea.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
5. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
(a) He did not ring the bell.
(b) To finish the tea.
(c) To be admitted to the house.
(d) To put out the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
2. To what does Mr. Smith compare doctors and their patients?
3. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
4. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
5. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Fire Chief settle the argument over the doorbell?
2. How is mediocrity presented in the play?
3. How are the characters emotionally distant and disconnected?
4. How do the characters react to Mary's poem, "The Fire"?
5. What argument centers around the Watson family?
6. How are nonsensical words used in the play?
7. Why does the Fire Chief have difficulty finding a fire?
8. How does the conversation among the Smiths and the Martins change after the Fire Chief leaves?
9. What official business has the Fire Chief visiting the Smiths?
10. How is contradiction used as a literary device?
This section contains 1,364 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)