|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
(a) She is wearing a bathrobe.
(b) She is still wearing the same clothes as before.
(c) Her dress is on backwards.
(d) She is wearing Mr. Smith's suit.
2. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
(b) He can't remember it.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
3. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(c) Drinking tea.
(d) Pushing her offstage.
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Eat chicken.
(b) Recite poetry.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Eat scones.
5. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
2. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
5. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Martin.
2. Describe the Fire Chief.
3. Describe the story of "The Snake and the Fox."
4. Describe the setting of the play.
5. Describe the plot behind Mrs. Smith's story of the man who bought flowers.
6. What satirical elements exist in the play?
7. Why does the Fire Chief have difficulty finding a fire?
8. What conflicts arise in the play and how are they resolved?
9. Describe the stereotypes the characters represent.
10. What comedic coincidences exist in the play?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)