|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
(a) To make herself understood.
(b) To talk to Mr. Smith.
(c) To read the newspaper.
(d) To chat with Mary.
2. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
(a) Why does he only eat on one day of the week?
(b) Why does he rest on the days when he has no competition?
(c) Why doesn't he stop thinking and get to work?
(d) Why does he jump when he could climb?
3. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(a) An egg.
(b) A chicken.
(c) Sore toes.
4. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) The Fire Chief.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
5. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Seventeen o'clock.
(d) Twelve o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
2. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
3. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
4. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
5. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the stereotypes the characters represent.
2. What ironic elements exist in the play?
3. What argument erupts over the doorbell?
4. What conflicts arise in the play and how are they resolved?
5. Describe the story of the calf that gave birth to a cow.
6. What is the purpose of the meaningless banter among the characters?
7. What comedic coincidences exist in the play?
8. Why is "The Bald Soprano" also called "the anti-play"?
9. What topic begins the conversation of the play?
10. What is the point of the story, "The Headcold"?
This section contains 1,534 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)