|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary?
(a) The Martin's cook and maid.
(b) The Smith's cook and maid.
(c) The Smith's daughter.
(d) The next door neighbor.
2. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
3. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) The Blaze.
(b) The Fire.
(d) Poor Poetry.
4. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
2. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
3. What does Mary claim is her real name?
4. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
5. What nickname does Mary give herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Mr. and Mrs. Martin's daughter.
2. Describe the protagonist and antagonist of the play.
3. Describe the stereotypes the characters represent.
4. What argument centers around the Watson family?
5. Who is Bobby Watson?
6. How do the characters react to Mary's poem, "The Fire"?
7. How is the plot developed in the play?
8. Describe the setting of the play.
9. What topic begins the conversation of the play?
10. What unspoken rules of society are broken by the characters?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)