|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) The fire is out.
(b) The tea is ready.
(c) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(d) No one is at the door.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
(a) The floor.
(c) The lamp.
(d) The chair.
4. What product does Mrs. Smith compare from different grocers?
(d) Salad oil.
5. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
(a) He placed her suitcase on the luggage rack.
(b) He moved to give her the window seat.
(c) He helped her find her seat.
(d) He held her coat.
6. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
(a) Answer the door.
(b) Take off his helmet and sit down.
(c) Stand behind the divan.
(d) Pour the tea.
7. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
(a) She is wearing a bathrobe.
(b) She is wearing Mr. Smith's suit.
(c) She is still wearing the same clothes as before.
(d) Her dress is on backwards.
8. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(d) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
9. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
10. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
(a) The cow.
(b) The calf.
(c) The chicken.
(d) The dog.
11. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
(a) She finds him charming.
(b) He is collecting kisses.
(c) He pretends to be Mr. Smith.
(d) He claims to have saved her life.
12. On what street does Mr. Martin live?
(a) Piccadilly Street.
(b) Bromfield Street.
(c) Martin Ave.
(d) Cherry Lane.
13. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
14. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
(a) The date of his death.
(b) The manner of his death.
(c) The cause of his death.
(d) The time of his death.
15. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Eggs and ham.
(c) Milk and porridge.
(d) Tea and scones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Mary recite?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
3. What inconsistencies exist about Mrs. Watson's appearance?
4. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
5. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Smiths?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)