|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
(a) The manner of his death.
(b) The time of his death.
(c) The cause of his death.
(d) The date of his death.
2. Whom does Mary embrace after the stories have been told?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Bobby Watson.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
3. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(c) A foot rub.
4. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) No one.
(b) The Royal Navy.
(c) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) Mrs. Smith died.
(b) Mary developed the hiccups.
(c) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(d) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
6. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
(a) He was thinking.
(b) He was looking for a fire.
(c) He was talking to Mary.
(d) He was humming.
7. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A silver salver.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A silver spoon.
8. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(b) Good luck, and a good fire!
(c) See you in cinders!
(d) Burn well!
9. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) They rode the train together.
(b) She courted Mr. Smith.
(c) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(d) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
10. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
11. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) She loved the story.
(b) She could not follow the story.
(c) She wanted to write it down.
(d) She wants Mary to hear the story.
12. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
(a) They are all named Bobby.
(b) They all look alike.
(c) They keep changing names.
(d) They refuse to be identified as Watsons.
13. When did Bobby Watson die?
(a) He is scheduled to die next Tuesday.
(b) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(c) The day before yesterday.
(d) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
14. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
(a) A day.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) Only a moment.
15. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
2. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
3. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
4. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)