|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(a) The second half.
(d) The first half.
2. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
3. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) The Fire.
(b) The Blaze.
(d) Poor Poetry.
4. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(a) Second class.
(b) First class.
5. What nickname does Mary give herself?
(d) Little firehose.
6. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
(b) They cannot be insured.
(c) They do not know how to make tea properly.
(d) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
7. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
8. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(b) A foot rub.
9. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) The door bells have all been rung.
(b) He cannot find a fire.
(c) No one will kiss him.
(d) The tea is cold.
10. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(b) To get a refund.
(c) To give them to his mother.
(d) To paint them yellow.
11. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) It will melt.
(b) It will turn vicious.
(d) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
12. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
13. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
(a) The door.
(b) Rose tinted glasses.
(c) The window.
(d) Thin air.
14. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
(b) Almost unbelievable.
(c) It must be true because colds are terribly common.
15. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
(a) The dog.
(b) The cow.
(c) The chicken.
(d) The calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
2. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
3. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
4. On what street does Mr. Martin live?
5. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)