|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(b) A chicken.
(c) Sore toes.
(d) An egg.
2. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 8:30 a.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 4:45 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
3. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
(a) He thinks the Martins have already eaten.
(b) He was not expecting visitors.
(c) Mr. Martin is wearing his suit.
(d) He is hungry and has been waiting for them to arrive.
4. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) She does not have her reading glasses.
(b) She must pour the tea.
(c) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(d) It is running backwards.
5. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
(a) The Almighty.
(c) The vicar can not have any fires.
(d) Vestal virgins.
6. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) A robin in a bobbin.
(b) A bird in the bush.
(c) A sprite in the night.
(d) An eagle on the wing.
7. What city do the Martin's have in common?
(d) New York.
8. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
(a) Drink tea.
(b) Run in circles.
(c) Get a colt.
(d) Stand on his head.
9. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
(a) The perfect wedding gift.
(b) A laugh.
(d) A peacekeeping tool.
10. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
(a) Chase a fox.
(b) Throw a chicken.
(c) Lay an egg in a box.
(d) Hose his toes.
11. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) A grandmother.
12. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
(a) Go west, young man!
(b) Again I say, again!
(c) It's here!
(d) It's not that way, it's over here!
13. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the third time?
(a) He did.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) No one.
14. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
(c) Solitude and quiet.
(d) His tea.
15. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A grocer.
(b) A typist.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) A schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
2. In the last scene of the play, who would Mr. Martin like to slap?
3. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
4. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
5. What did Mary buy for herself?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)