|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
(a) Fiery anger.
(c) True love.
2. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) It will melt.
(b) It will turn vicious.
(d) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
3. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) Mrs. Smith died.
(b) Mary developed the hiccups.
(c) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(d) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
4. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) The day before yesterday.
(b) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(c) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(d) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
(a) Get a colt.
(b) Drink tea.
(c) Stand on his head.
(d) Run in circles.
6. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(b) He agress to pour the tea.
(c) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
(d) He says he will sit on the divan.
7. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
(b) He is foolish at heart.
(c) He has wet his pants.
(d) He is hungry.
8. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
9. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(c) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
10. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
(a) At home.
(b) At church.
(c) Over the hedge.
(d) In the bedroom.
11. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She is willing to give him a kiss.
(b) She points out the door.
(c) She offers to pour the tea.
(d) She offers to go search for a fire.
12. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
(a) Solitude and quiet.
(d) His tea.
13. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
(a) Mr. Holmes.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Watson.
14. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(b) The bald soprano?
(c) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
(d) It ticks.
15. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
(a) No one.
(b) The Fire Chief.
(d) The Martins.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
2. What does Mary want to tell the rest of the cast after all the stories have been told?
3. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
4. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
5. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)