|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(b) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
(c) It ticks.
(d) The bald soprano?
2. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
(a) He is Mrs. Smith's first husband.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) He just put out a fire in the kitchen.
(d) He is an old friend of the family.
3. Where do the Smith's live?
(b) The city of London.
(d) The suburbs of London.
4. What inconsistencies exist about Mrs. Watson's appearance?
(a) The color of her eyes.
(b) Her size and height.
(c) Her hair color.
(d) Her race.
5. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the third time?
(b) He did.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) No one.
6. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
(a) When the sun has set.
(b) When the day is done.
(c) When the chair doesn't have any.
(d) When the floor is too hard.
7. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A train.
(d) A lorry.
8. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
(a) If they are really brother and sister.
(b) Whether any children actually exist.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their appearances.
9. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She offers to pour the tea.
(b) She is willing to give him a kiss.
(c) She offers to go search for a fire.
(d) She points out the door.
10. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
(a) Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
(b) Tuesdays, Mondays, and Saturdays.
(c) Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Sundays.
(d) Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Tuesdays.
11. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
(a) For being arrested.
(b) For going out that afternoon.
(c) For arriving late.
(d) For sleeping on the divan.
12. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
(b) True love.
(d) Fiery anger.
13. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
14. When did Bobby Watson die?
(a) The day before yesterday.
(b) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(c) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(d) He is scheduled to die next Tuesday.
15. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
(a) They eat too much and drink too little.
(b) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses and drinking.
(c) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(d) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
3. What nickname does Mary give herself?
4. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
5. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)