|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
3. Where do the Smith's live?
(c) The city of London.
(d) The suburbs of London.
4. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
(a) To finish the tea.
(b) To be admitted to the house.
(c) To put out the fire.
(d) He did not ring the bell.
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
6. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
(a) Go west, young man!
(b) Again I say, again!
(c) It's not that way, it's over here!
(d) It's here!
7. Whom does Mr. Martin claim is going crazy?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
8. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
(a) The turkeys.
(b) The cat.
(c) The aquaduct.
(d) Mr. Smith.
9. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
(a) Stand on his head.
(b) Get a colt.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Run in circles.
10. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
(a) A bow.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
11. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
(a) To kiss all the pretty ladies.
(b) To extinguish all the fires in the city.
(c) To have his tea.
(d) To ring all the bells in the city.
12. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
13. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
(a) The manner of his death.
(b) The date of his death.
(c) The time of his death.
(d) The cause of his death.
14. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
(a) In a treehouse in London park.
(b) Somewhere over the rainbow.
(c) In his cabana among his cacao trees.
(d) In the south of France.
15. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A lorry.
(b) A train.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A bulldozer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
2. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
3. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
4. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
5. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)