|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
(a) His tie was a bit crooked.
(b) It was too quiet.
(c) It was the handsomest corpse in Great Britain.
(d) It was the politest corpse in Great Britain
2. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) The aquaduct.
(c) The turkeys.
(d) The cat.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
4. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
5. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
(a) He is expected in the kitchen.
(b) The tea is gone.
(c) He must ring other doorbells.
(d) He is expecting a fire at the other end of the city.
6. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
(a) Eggs and ham.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Tea and scones.
(d) Milk and porridge.
7. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) You are not old enough yet for that.
(b) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(c) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(d) To hell with polishing!
8. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
(a) Fiery anger.
(d) True love.
9. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) The Blaze.
(b) The Fire.
(c) Poor Poetry.
10. According to the Fire Chief, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) The tea is ready but the scones are not always done.
(b) To tell the homeowner the fire is out.
(c) Sometimes, someone is there and sometimes, no one is there.
(d) To play a merry tune.
11. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(d) A foot rub.
12. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Watson.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
13. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
14. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(b) To get a refund.
(c) To paint them yellow.
(d) To give them to his mother.
15. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
(b) It was marvelous.
(c) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(d) It sent chills up her spine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
2. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
3. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
4. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
5. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)