Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
(b) Solitude and quiet.
(d) His tea.
2. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
(a) Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. Martin.
3. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(b) A gong.
(c) A ringing telephone.
(d) A ringing doorbell.
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Eat scones.
(b) Eat chicken.
(c) Recite poetry.
(d) Drink tea.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) Mary developed the hiccups.
(b) Mrs. Smith died.
(c) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(d) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
6. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Smiths?
(a) Have you a light?
(b) Where is the door?
(c) Where is the tea?
(d) Is there a fire here?
7. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) They are married.
8. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
(a) The manner of his death.
(b) The time of his death.
(c) The cause of his death.
(d) The date of his death.
9. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
(a) The air.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) The biscuits.
(d) The tarts.
10. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
(a) Why does he rest on the days when he has no competition?
(b) Why doesn't he stop thinking and get to work?
(c) Why does he only eat on one day of the week?
(d) Why does he jump when he could climb?
11. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(c) He can't remember it.
(d) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
12. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) The fire is out.
(b) The tea is ready.
(c) No one is at the door.
(d) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
13. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
(a) It's not that way, it's over here!
(b) Again I say, again!
(c) Go west, young man!
(d) It's here!
14. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
(a) She sighs and says, "Just like last week."
(b) She says they are not who they claim to be.
(c) She reprimands them for being foolish.
(d) She applauds.
15. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) Coach No. 8.
(b) Coach No. 1.
(c) Coach No. 2.
(d) The Engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
2. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
3. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
5. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)