|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Seventeen o'clock.
(c) Twelve o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
2. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(b) A foot rub.
3. Who is Mary?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(b) The Smith's daughter.
(c) The Martin's cook and maid.
(d) The Smith's cook and maid.
4. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
(a) The cure for the common cold.
(c) A listing of genealogies.
(d) The work of a famous doctor.
5. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
6. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Tying his shoelace.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(d) Running up and down the tracks.
7. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
8. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The Vicar of Wakefield
(c) The match dealer.
(d) The fire department.
9. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(c) Second class.
(d) First class.
10. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
(b) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
(c) They cannot be insured.
(d) They do not know how to make tea properly.
11. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Dog and the Cow", why didn't the dog swallow his trunk?
(a) He didn't have any tea.
(b) Because he thought he was an elephant.
(c) The trunk was too big.
(d) Because it was too heavy.
12. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She points out the door.
(b) She offers to go search for a fire.
(c) She offers to pour the tea.
(d) She is willing to give him a kiss.
13. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
(a) To talk to Mr. Smith.
(b) To read the newspaper.
(c) To make herself understood.
(d) To chat with Mary.
14. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Drink tea.
(b) Recite poetry.
(c) Eat scones.
(d) Eat chicken.
15. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
2. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
3. What city do the Martin's have in common?
4. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
5. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)