|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
(a) The price of tea has been terribly high.
(b) The children are too well behaved.
(c) The rain has been too heavy.
(d) The tariffs have been too high.
2. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
(b) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(c) He agress to pour the tea.
(d) He says he will sit on the divan.
3. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(b) The first half.
(c) The second half.
4. What poem does Mary recite?
(b) Poor Poetry.
(c) The Fire.
(d) The Blaze.
5. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) It will turn vicious.
(b) It will melt.
(d) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
6. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
(b) The lamp.
(c) The floor.
(d) The chair.
7. Why does Mary recite a poem?
(a) To honor the Fire Chief.
(b) To honor the Martins.
(c) To annoy the cast.
(d) To honor the Smiths.
8. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) You are not old enough yet for that.
(b) To hell with polishing!
(c) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(d) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
9. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(c) Pushing her offstage.
(d) Drinking tea.
10. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
(b) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
(c) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(d) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
11. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A lorry.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A train.
12. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bow.
13. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
(a) For going out that afternoon.
(b) For being arrested.
(c) For missing dinner.
(d) For sleeping on the divan.
14. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
(a) To put out the fire.
(b) To be admitted to the house.
(c) To finish the tea.
(d) He did not ring the bell.
15. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
(a) His tie was a bit crooked.
(b) It was the handsomest corpse in Great Britain.
(c) It was too quiet.
(d) It was the politest corpse in Great Britain
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
2. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
3. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
4. What city do the Martin's have in common?
5. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)