|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
(a) He moved to give her the window seat.
(b) He helped her find her seat.
(c) He placed her suitcase on the luggage rack.
(d) He held her coat.
2. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
3. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
(a) The time.
(b) The age of the newborn babies.
(c) The time of the accident.
(d) The actions of the deceased.
4. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
(a) For going out that afternoon.
(b) For arriving late.
(c) For sleeping on the divan.
(d) For being arrested.
5. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(c) The Royal Navy.
(d) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
6. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
(a) The rain has been too heavy.
(b) The tariffs have been too high.
(c) The price of tea has been terribly high.
(d) The children are too well behaved.
7. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(b) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(c) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
(d) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
8. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
9. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
(a) William, the shop-assistant.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) The Fire Chief.
10. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
(a) Pour the tea.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Kiss each other.
(d) Light another fire.
11. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
12. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) The door bells have all been rung.
(b) He cannot find a fire.
(c) The tea is cold.
(d) No one will kiss him.
13. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) The day before yesterday.
(b) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(c) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
(d) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
14. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He has wet his pants.
(b) He is foolish at heart.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
15. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
(a) They all look alike.
(b) They keep changing names.
(c) They refuse to be identified as Watsons.
(d) They are all named Bobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
2. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
3. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
4. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
5. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)