|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) To hell with polishing!
(b) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(c) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(d) You are not old enough yet for that.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
3. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(b) She must pour the tea.
(c) She does not have her reading glasses.
(d) It is running backwards.
4. What nickname does Mary give herself?
(a) Little firehose.
5. What is the trade held by all the Watsons?
(a) Voice teacher.
(b) Commerical traveler.
6. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(b) To paint them yellow.
(c) To give them to his mother.
(d) To get a refund.
7. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
(a) The chicken.
(b) The cow.
(c) The calf.
(d) The dog.
8. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
9. Who is Mary?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(b) The Smith's daughter.
(c) The Martin's cook and maid.
(d) The Smith's cook and maid.
10. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) A silver salver.
(b) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) A gold ring.
11. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
(a) The Fire Chief and Mary.
(b) Mr. Martin and Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
12. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(b) No one.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) He did.
13. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) The Engine.
(b) Coach No. 1.
(c) Coach No. 8.
(d) Coach No. 2.
14. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
(a) There's nothing burning at your house either?
(b) May I kiss your wife, sir?
(c) Have you any tea?
(d) Have you a door?
15. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(c) No one.
(d) The Royal Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
2. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
3. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
5. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)