|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
(a) It's not that way, it's over here!
(b) Go west, young man!
(c) Again I say, again!
(d) It's here!
2. What does Mary want to tell the rest of the cast after all the stories have been told?
(a) She wants to quit.
(b) Her own story.
(c) They are ridiculous people.
(d) It is time for bed.
3. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
(a) She was waiting for someone to answer the door.
(b) She sat for too long.
(c) She did not drink her tea.
(d) She thought her gas was her comb.
4. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) He is uninsured.
(b) He does not have any tea.
(c) He is not English.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
5. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
(a) They eat too much and drink too little.
(b) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses and drinking.
(c) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(d) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
6. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mr. Martin.
7. What does Mary claim is her real name?
(a) Bobby Watson.
(b) Mary Martin.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
8. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
(b) She courted Mr. Smith.
(c) They rode the train together.
(d) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
9. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He recites poetry.
(b) He shakes her.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He kisses her.
10. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
11. Who is Mary?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(b) The Smith's cook and maid.
(c) The Martin's cook and maid.
(d) The Smith's daughter.
12. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) A trip to London.
(c) A wooden spoon.
(d) A silver salver.
13. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) The tea is cold.
(b) The door bells have all been rung.
(c) He cannot find a fire.
(d) No one will kiss him.
14. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
(a) It was the handsomest corpse in Great Britain.
(b) It was the politest corpse in Great Britain
(c) His tie was a bit crooked.
(d) It was too quiet.
15. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the lighting at the end of the last scene?
2. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
3. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
4. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
5. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mr. Martin sit?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)