|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
2. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(a) The second half.
(b) The first half.
3. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(b) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
(c) It was marvelous.
(d) It sent chills up his spine.
4. What observation does Mr. Smith make about the human heart?
(a) It is easily fooled.
(b) It does not really exist.
(c) It is easily broken.
(d) It is ageless.
5. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(b) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(c) The 9:30 train.
(d) She takes a cab.
6. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(c) A foot rub.
7. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
8. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
(a) She reprimands them for being foolish.
(b) She sighs and says, "Just like last week."
(c) She says they are not who they claim to be.
(d) She applauds.
9. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
(a) A monophysite priest.
(b) A typist.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A clerk.
10. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(b) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(c) You are not old enough yet for that.
(d) To hell with polishing!
11. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A typist.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A monophysite priest.
12. What does Mary want to tell the rest of the cast after all the stories have been told?
(a) They are ridiculous people.
(b) She wants to quit.
(c) It is time for bed.
(d) Her own story.
13. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. Martin and Mrs. Smith.
(c) The Fire Chief and Mary.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
14. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
(a) She heard a beautiful song and followed the notes.
(b) She was sleepy.
(c) The Smiths had given her permission to leave.
(d) She was thirsty.
15. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
(b) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
(c) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(d) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
2. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
3. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
4. How many helpings of fish did Mrs. Smith have at dinner?
5. What did Mary buy for herself?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)