|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A typist.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A monophysite priest.
2. When did Bobby Watson die?
(a) He is scheduled to die next Tuesday.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(d) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
3. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
(a) Voice teacher.
4. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
(a) To extinguish all the fires in the city.
(b) To have his tea.
(c) To kiss all the pretty ladies.
(d) To ring all the bells in the city.
5. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) It ticks.
(b) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(c) The bald soprano?
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
6. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She offers to pour the tea.
(b) She is willing to give him a kiss.
(c) She points out the door.
(d) She offers to go search for a fire.
7. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mrs. Martin.
8. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(b) To paint them yellow.
(c) To get a refund.
(d) To give them to his mother.
9. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) She wanted to write it down.
(b) She wants Mary to hear the story.
(c) She could not follow the story.
(d) She loved the story.
10. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
(a) Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. Smith.
11. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
(a) Eats and drinks.
(b) Runs and jumps.
(c) Rests and sleeps.
(d) Sits and thinks.
12. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He recites poetry.
(c) He shakes her.
(d) He kisses her.
13. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) The aquaduct.
(c) The turkeys.
(d) The cat.
14. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He says he will sit on the divan.
(b) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
(c) He agress to pour the tea.
(d) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
15. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) William, the shop-assistant.
(d) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary buy for herself?
2. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
3. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mr. Martin sit?
4. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
5. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)