|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
(a) Eats and drinks.
(b) Rests and sleeps.
(c) Sits and thinks.
(d) Runs and jumps.
2. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Running up and down the tracks.
(d) Tying his shoelace.
3. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To get a refund.
(b) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(c) To paint them yellow.
(d) To give them to his mother.
4. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) He does not have any tea.
(b) His doorbell is broken.
(c) He is not English.
(d) He is uninsured.
5. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
(a) She did not drink her tea.
(b) She sat for too long.
(c) She thought her gas was her comb.
(d) She was waiting for someone to answer the door.
6. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
(a) Voice teacher.
7. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
(b) He is too tired.
(c) He can't remember it.
(d) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
8. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
9. Whom does Mr. Martin claim is going crazy?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
10. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
11. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) A sprite in the night.
(b) A robin in a bobbin.
(c) An eagle on the wing.
(d) A bird in the bush.
12. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
(a) Pour the tea.
(b) Stand behind the divan.
(c) Answer the door.
(d) Take off his helmet and sit down.
13. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
(a) Eggs and ham.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Milk and porridge.
(d) Tea and scones.
14. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
(a) The cow was too lazy to birth the calf.
(b) It was in a hurry.
(c) It ate too much ground glass.
(d) It was trying to improve the stock.
15. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
(a) The bottle was empty.
(b) Mr. Smith wanted rum instead.
(c) It clashed with the tablecloth.
(d) She wanted to set a good example for the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the lighting at the end of the last scene?
2. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
3. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
4. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
5. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)