|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Mr. Martin rather do than steal an ox?
(a) Lay an egg in a box.
(b) Throw a chicken.
(c) Hose his toes.
(d) Chase a fox.
2. What is unusual about the lighting at the end of the last scene?
(a) The lighting turns blue while Mrs. Smith is speaking.
(b) The lighting turns red while Mr. Smith is speaking.
(c) The stage is black while the characters are speaking.
(d) The lights flicker on and off.
3. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
(a) It was too quiet.
(b) It was the handsomest corpse in Great Britain.
(c) His tie was a bit crooked.
(d) It was the politest corpse in Great Britain
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(b) Orange juice.
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) An eagle on the wing.
(b) A sprite in the night.
(c) A bird in the bush.
(d) A robin in a bobbin.
6. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
(a) She was waiting for someone to answer the door.
(b) She sat for too long.
(c) She did not drink her tea.
(d) She thought her gas was her comb.
7. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
(a) They all look alike.
(b) They are all named Bobby.
(c) They refuse to be identified as Watsons.
(d) They keep changing names.
8. Where do the Smith's live?
(a) The city of London.
(d) The suburbs of London.
9. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
(a) Fiery anger.
(b) True love.
10. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
(a) Twelve o'clock.
(b) Seventeen o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
11. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mrs. Martin.
12. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(a) A chicken.
(b) Sore toes.
(c) An egg.
13. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(b) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
(c) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
(d) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
14. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
15. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(d) The Fire Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
3. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
4. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
5. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)