|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) A gong.
(b) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(c) A ringing telephone.
(d) A ringing doorbell.
2. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
(a) He moved to give her the window seat.
(b) He held her coat.
(c) He helped her find her seat.
(d) He placed her suitcase on the luggage rack.
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
(a) English manners.
(b) Proper behavior.
(c) All that is human.
4. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 4:45 p.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(a) Orange juice.
6. According to Mr. Martin, who is Nancy?
(a) A monophysite priest.
(b) A shop-assistant.
(c) A typist.
(d) A clerk.
7. What does Mary want to tell the rest of the cast after all the stories have been told?
(a) She wants to quit.
(b) They are ridiculous people.
(c) It is time for bed.
(d) Her own story.
8. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(b) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(c) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
(d) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
9. What is the trade held by all the Watsons?
(a) Commerical traveler.
(d) Voice teacher.
10. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
11. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Watson.
(b) Mr. Holmes.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
12. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
(c) Voice teacher.
13. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A lorry.
(b) A train.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A bulldozer.
14. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
(a) To be admitted to the house.
(b) To put out the fire.
(c) To finish the tea.
(d) He did not ring the bell.
15. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) A bird in the bush.
(b) A robin in a bobbin.
(c) An eagle on the wing.
(d) A sprite in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
2. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
3. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
4. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)