|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
(a) The door.
(b) The window.
(c) Rose tinted glasses.
(d) Thin air.
2. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) His doorbell is broken.
(b) He does not have any tea.
(c) He is uninsured.
(d) He is not English.
3. What does Mary claim is her real name?
(b) Mary Martin.
(c) Bobby Watson.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
4. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
(a) She reprimands them for being foolish.
(b) She applauds.
(c) She says they are not who they claim to be.
(d) She sighs and says, "Just like last week."
5. Where do the Smith's live?
(b) The city of London.
(c) The suburbs of London.
6. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
(a) A laugh.
(b) The perfect wedding gift.
(c) A peacekeeping tool.
7. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
8. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
9. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
(b) The priest's grandmother.
(c) The fourth-class petty officer of the Royal Navy.
(d) The Fire Chief's brother-in law
10. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
(a) Their appearances.
(b) If they are really brother and sister.
(c) Whether any children actually exist.
(d) Their names.
11. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It was marvelous.
(b) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
(c) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(d) It sent chills up his spine.
12. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) The day before yesterday.
(b) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
(c) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(d) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
13. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A grocer.
(d) A typist.
14. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
15. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She points out the door.
(b) She is willing to give him a kiss.
(c) She offers to go search for a fire.
(d) She offers to pour the tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bobby Watson die?
2. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
3. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
4. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
5. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)