|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
(a) First class.
(d) Second class.
2. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
(a) The lamp.
(b) The chair.
(d) The floor.
3. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(b) It is running backwards.
(c) She does not have her reading glasses.
(d) She must pour the tea.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(b) Orange juice.
5. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A bulldozer.
(b) A lorry.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A train.
6. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A shop-assistant.
(c) A typist.
(d) A monophysite priest.
7. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
(a) A listing of genealogies.
(c) The cure for the common cold.
(d) The work of a famous doctor.
8. What poem does Mary recite?
(a) The Blaze.
(b) Poor Poetry.
(d) The Fire.
9. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(b) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
10. What did Mary buy for herself?
(a) A bottle of rum.
(b) A chamber pot.
(c) A robin.
(d) A scarf.
11. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
(a) Answer the door.
(b) Take off his helmet and sit down.
(c) Pour the tea.
(d) Stand behind the divan.
12. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
(a) Eats and drinks.
(b) Rests and sleeps.
(c) Sits and thinks.
(d) Runs and jumps.
13. What nickname does Mary give herself?
(a) Little firehose.
14. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
(a) He shakes her.
(b) He recites poetry.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He kisses her.
15. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
(a) The day before yesterday.
(b) A year and a half before the time in which the play is set.
(c) Two months before the time in which the play is set.
(d) Two years before the time in which the play is set.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
2. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
5. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)