|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) A day.
(d) Only a moment.
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
(a) All that is human.
(b) English manners.
(d) Proper behavior.
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
(a) A robin in a bobbin.
(b) A bird in the bush.
(c) An eagle on the wing.
(d) A sprite in the night.
4. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
(c) The second half.
(d) The first half.
5. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A lorry.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A train.
(d) A tractor.
6. On what street does Mr. Martin live?
(a) Cherry Lane.
(b) Bromfield Street.
(c) Martin Ave.
(d) Piccadilly Street.
7. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
(a) At home.
(b) At church.
(c) Over the hedge.
(d) In the bedroom.
8. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) His doorbell is broken.
(b) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(c) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(d) He does not have any tea.
9. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
(a) She points out the door.
(b) She offers to go search for a fire.
(c) She offers to pour the tea.
(d) She is willing to give him a kiss.
10. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) A conductor.
(b) A confessor.
(d) Police Chief.
11. What product does Mrs. Smith compare from different grocers?
(b) Salad oil.
12. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He agress to pour the tea.
(b) He says he will sit on the divan.
(c) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(d) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
13. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
14. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Martin.
15. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) It ticks.
(b) The bald soprano?
(c) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
2. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
3. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
4. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)