|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) It will turn vicious.
(c) It will melt.
(d) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
2. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(a) He did.
(b) No one.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. What product does Mrs. Smith compare from different grocers?
(a) Salad oil.
4. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what weapon does the fox possess?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
5. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) He does not have any tea.
(b) He is uninsured.
(c) His doorbell is broken.
(d) He is not English.
6. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
(a) For arriving late.
(b) For sleeping on the divan.
(c) For going out that afternoon.
(d) For being arrested.
7. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
(c) Second class.
(d) First class.
8. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(a) The second half.
(b) The first half.
9. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Teach them to hunt.
(b) Sends them away.
(d) Suckle them when they are small.
10. According to Mrs. Martin, what do cacao trees produce?
11. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) A conductor.
(b) Police Chief.
(d) A confessor.
12. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the third time?
(a) No one.
(c) He did.
(d) Mr. Smith.
13. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
(a) The manner of his death.
(b) The cause of his death.
(c) The date of his death.
(d) The time of his death.
14. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
15. In the final scene of the play, which bird name does Mr. Smith begin to chant?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what are the names of the Watson children?
2. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
3. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
4. Where do the Smith's live?
5. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)