|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
2. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
(a) Vestal virgins.
(b) The Almighty.
(c) The vicar can not have any fires.
3. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To give them to his mother.
(b) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(c) To paint them yellow.
(d) To get a refund.
4. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
(b) The first half.
(d) The second half.
5. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
(b) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(c) The Fire Chief was hiding.
(d) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
6. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
(a) The biscuits.
(b) The tarts.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) The air.
7. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(b) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
(c) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(d) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
8. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
(a) To make herself understood.
(b) To read the newspaper.
(c) To talk to Mr. Smith.
(d) To chat with Mary.
9. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
10. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
(a) The match dealer.
(b) The Vicar of Wakefield
(c) The fire department.
(d) The mayor.
11. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(b) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
(c) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
(d) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
12. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A monophysite priest.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A typist.
13. What is unusual about the lighting at the end of the last scene?
(a) The lighting turns blue while Mrs. Smith is speaking.
(b) The lights flicker on and off.
(c) The stage is black while the characters are speaking.
(d) The lighting turns red while Mr. Smith is speaking.
14. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(d) He did.
15. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
(a) When the sun has set.
(b) When the floor is too hard.
(c) When the chair doesn't have any.
(d) When the day is done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
2. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
3. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
4. What inconsistencies exist about Mrs. Watson's appearance?
5. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)