|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
(a) The doctor left a hole in his side.
(b) A conscientious doctor should die with his patient.
(c) Mrs. Smith died.
(d) Mary developed the hiccups.
2. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
(a) A lorry.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A bulldozer.
(d) A train.
3. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
(a) For sleeping on the divan.
(b) For arriving late.
(c) For being arrested.
(d) For going out that afternoon.
4. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mr. Smith.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 8:30 a.m.
(b) 4:45 p.m.
(c) 12:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
6. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(b) The same train as Mr. Martin.
(c) The 9:30 train.
(d) She takes a cab.
7. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
(a) He does not want tea.
(b) He cannot find the matches.
(c) It is raining.
(d) He already kissed his wife.
8. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) A grandmother.
9. What product does Mrs. Smith compare from different grocers?
(b) Salad oil.
10. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
(a) They all look alike.
(b) They refuse to be identified as Watsons.
(c) They are all named Bobby.
(d) They keep changing names.
11. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
(a) The perfect wedding gift.
(b) A peacekeeping tool.
(c) A laugh.
12. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(a) The second half.
(c) The first half.
13. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
14. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(a) They got lost.
(c) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
(d) The train was late.
15. Whom does Mr. Martin claim is going crazy?
(a) Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(d) The Fire Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Mary recite?
2. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
3. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
5. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)