|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary?
(a) The next door neighbor.
(b) The Smith's cook and maid.
(c) The Smith's daughter.
(d) The Martin's cook and maid.
2. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(c) A foot rub.
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(b) He does not have any tea.
(c) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
4. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
5. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
(a) It's here!
(b) It's not that way, it's over here!
(c) Go west, young man!
(d) Again I say, again!
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
2. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
3. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
4. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
5. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)