|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
2. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 8:30 a.m.
(b) 4:45 p.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
3. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
(a) Why does he only eat on one day of the week?
(b) Why doesn't he stop thinking and get to work?
(c) Why does he jump when he could climb?
(d) Why does he rest on the days when he has no competition?
4. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(b) Good luck, and a good fire!
(c) See you in cinders!
(d) Burn well!
5. According to the Fire Chief, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) To play a merry tune.
(b) The tea is ready but the scones are not always done.
(c) Sometimes, someone is there and sometimes, no one is there.
(d) To tell the homeowner the fire is out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
2. What is the trade held by all the Watsons?
3. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
4. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
5. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)