|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) You are not old enough yet for that.
(b) To hell with polishing!
(c) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(d) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
2. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
(a) He was too busy.
(b) He was downstairs finishing his tea.
(c) He wasn't there yet.
(d) He did not have his reading glasses.
3. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He sits down without removing his helmet.
(b) He answers the door.
(c) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
(d) He stands in front of the divan.
4. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
(a) She is wearing a bathrobe.
(b) She is still wearing the same clothes as before.
(c) Her dress is on backwards.
(d) She is wearing Mr. Smith's suit.
5. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mrs. Martin.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
2. Where do the Smith's live?
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
4. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
5. What nickname does Mary give herself?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)