|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary?
(a) The Smith's cook and maid.
(b) The Martin's cook and maid.
(c) The Smith's daughter.
(d) The next door neighbor.
2. What observation does Mr. Smith make about the human heart?
(a) It is easily broken.
(b) It does not really exist.
(c) It is ageless.
(d) It is easily fooled.
3. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) They are twins.
(b) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(c) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(d) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
4. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
(a) No one.
(b) The Fire Chief.
(d) The Martins.
5. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
(a) True love.
(d) Fiery anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
2. What does Mary claim is her real name?
3. According to the Fire Chief, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
4. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
5. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)