|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) No one will kiss him.
(b) The door bells have all been rung.
(c) He cannot find a fire.
(d) The tea is cold.
2. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
(a) He was downstairs finishing his tea.
(b) He did not have his reading glasses.
(c) He wasn't there yet.
(d) He was too busy.
3. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) They rode the train together.
(b) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
(c) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(d) She courted Mr. Smith.
4. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
(a) She was sleepy.
(b) She heard a beautiful song and followed the notes.
(c) The Smiths had given her permission to leave.
(d) She was thirsty.
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
(a) The air.
(b) The tarts.
(c) The biscuits.
(d) Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
2. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
3. What is Mrs. Martin's first name?
4. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)