|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
(a) She heard a beautiful song and followed the notes.
(b) The Smiths had given her permission to leave.
(c) She was thirsty.
(d) She was sleepy.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
3. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
(a) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(b) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(c) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses, and drinking.
(d) They eat too little and drink too much.
4. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Tying his shoelace.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Running up and down the tracks.
5. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) A day.
(d) Only a moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
2. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
3. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
5. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)