|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
(a) They speak only to the Smiths, and not to each other.
(b) They complete each other's sentences.
(c) They do not recognize each other.
(d) They refuse to look at each other.
2. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
(a) Twelve o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Seventeen o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
3. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
4. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
(a) If they are really brother and sister.
(b) Whether any children actually exist.
(c) Their appearances.
(d) Their names.
5. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) He cannot find a fire.
(b) The door bells have all been rung.
(c) The tea is cold.
(d) No one will kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
2. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
3. How many helpings of fish did Mrs. Smith have at dinner?
4. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
5. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)