|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem does Mary recite?
(b) Poor Poetry.
(c) The Fire.
(d) The Blaze.
2. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(b) You are not old enough yet for that.
(c) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(d) To hell with polishing!
3. What treatment does Dr. Mackenzie-King recommend for appendicitis?
(b) A foot rub.
4. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) She wanted to write it down.
(b) She wants Mary to hear the story.
(c) She loved the story.
(d) She could not follow the story.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
(a) Drink tea.
(b) Stand on his head.
(c) Get a colt.
(d) Run in circles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
2. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
3. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
4. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
5. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)