|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A typist.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) A grocer.
2. What explanation does Mary give for leaving the house?
(a) She was thirsty.
(b) She was sleepy.
(c) She heard a beautiful song and followed the notes.
(d) The Smiths had given her permission to leave.
3. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
(a) They speak only to the Smiths, and not to each other.
(b) They complete each other's sentences.
(c) They refuse to look at each other.
(d) They do not recognize each other.
4. What is Mr. Martin's first name?
5. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) The Fire Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
2. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
3. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
4. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)