|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(a) The train was late.
(b) They got lost.
(d) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
2. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
(a) All that is human.
(b) Proper behavior.
(c) English manners.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what improves social progress?
4. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) No one.
(c) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(d) The Royal Navy.
5. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(a) First class.
(b) Second class.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
2. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
3. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
4. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
5. What observation does Mr. Smith make about the human heart?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)