|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) He did.
(d) No one.
2. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
(a) It must be true because colds are terribly common.
(d) Almost unbelievable.
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(b) His doorbell is broken.
(c) He does not have any tea.
(d) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(a) Orange juice.
5. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
(a) He is expected in the kitchen.
(b) The tea is gone.
(c) He is expecting a fire at the other end of the city.
(d) He must ring other doorbells.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
2. What did Mary buy for herself?
3. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
4. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
5. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)