|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
(a) He is an old friend of the family.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) He just put out a fire in the kitchen.
(d) He is Mrs. Smith's first husband.
2. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A typist.
(b) A monophysite priest.
(c) A grocer.
(d) A schoolteacher.
3. According to Mrs. Smith, if paper is for writing and the cat is for the rat, what is cheese for?
4. What did Mary buy for herself?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A bottle of rum.
(c) A chamber pot.
(d) A robin.
5. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
(b) Vestal virgins.
(c) The vicar can not have any fires.
(d) The Almighty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
2. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
3. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
4. How does Mrs. Smith respond to the Fire Chief's embarrassing comment?
5. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)