|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) She loved the story.
(b) She wanted to write it down.
(c) She wants Mary to hear the story.
(d) She could not follow the story.
2. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) A silver salver.
(b) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) A gold ring.
3. What train does Mrs. Martin take to London?
(a) She takes a cab.
(b) The same train as Mrs. Smith.
(c) The 9:30 train.
(d) The same train as Mr. Martin.
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what can't a person buy for his grandfather?
(a) A grandmother.
(d) A pocketknife.
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
(a) All that is human.
(b) English manners.
(d) Proper behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
3. To what does Mr. Smith compare doctors and their patients?
4. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
5. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)