|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
(a) Eat scones.
(b) Recite poetry.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Eat chicken.
2. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Holmes.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(d) Aunt and Uncle Watson.
3. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(a) The second half.
(c) The first half.
4. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
(c) He is foolish at heart.
(d) He has wet his pants.
5. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
(a) It must be true because colds are terribly common.
(c) Almost unbelievable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
2. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the third time?
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
4. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
5. In the last scene, where does Mr. Smith wish to live?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)