|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
(a) The calf.
(b) The cow.
(c) The dog.
(d) The chicken.
2. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(a) First class.
(d) Second class.
3. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) She does not have her reading glasses.
(b) She must pour the tea.
(c) It is running backwards.
(d) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
4. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
(a) It was trying to improve the stock.
(b) The cow was too lazy to birth the calf.
(c) It ate too much ground glass.
(d) It was in a hurry.
5. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
(b) He has wet his pants.
(c) He is foolish at heart.
(d) He is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Martin claim is going crazy?
2. What city do the Martin's have in common?
3. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
4. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
5. Why does Mrs. Martin want the Fire Chief to retell the story of "The Headcold"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)