|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
(b) The Fire Chief.
(c) Mrs. Smith.
(d) Mr. Martin.
2. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
(a) They do not know how to make tea properly.
(b) They cannot be insured.
(c) They drive on the wrong side of the road.
(d) They don't have the right to have their fires put out.
3. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
(a) When the chair doesn't have any.
(b) When the day is done.
(c) When the floor is too hard.
(d) When the sun has set.
4. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
(d) Voice teacher.
5. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) A gong.
(b) A ringing doorbell.
(c) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(d) A ringing telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mr. Martin sit?
2. How does Mrs. Smith offer to help the Fire Chief?
3. In the story, "The Headcold", who caught the cold?
4. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
5. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)