|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
(a) To kiss all the pretty ladies.
(b) To extinguish all the fires in the city.
(c) To have his tea.
(d) To ring all the bells in the city.
2. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
(b) Almost unbelievable.
(d) It must be true because colds are terribly common.
3. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(b) An egg.
(c) Sore toes.
(d) A chicken.
4. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
(a) His doorbell is broken.
(b) He is uninsured.
(c) He does not have any tea.
(d) He is not English.
5. What is unusual about the lighting at the end of the last scene?
(a) The stage is black while the characters are speaking.
(b) The lighting turns red while Mr. Smith is speaking.
(c) The lighting turns blue while Mrs. Smith is speaking.
(d) The lights flicker on and off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith ask the Fire Chief to do?
2. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
3. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
4. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
5. What product does Mrs. Smith compare from different grocers?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)