|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
(a) It must be true because colds are terribly common.
(d) Almost unbelievable.
2. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are married.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) They are siblings.
3. What does Mary claim is her real name?
(a) Bobby Watson.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Mary Martin.
4. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To give them to his mother.
(b) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(c) To paint them yellow.
(d) To get a refund.
5. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) It will melt.
(b) It will turn vicious.
(d) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
2. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
3. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what is honorable?
5. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)