|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What silly name do Mrs. Smith and Mr. Martin create out of Robert Browning and Rudyard Kipling's names?
(a) Robyard Brownling.
(b) Robert Kipling.
(c) Rudyard Browning.
(d) Rubert Kiping.
2. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
(a) He was thinking.
(b) He was humming.
(c) He was looking for a fire.
(d) He was talking to Mary.
3. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
(a) William, the shop-assistant.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) The Fire Chief.
4. Why is it difficult to identify the members of the Watson clan?
(a) They are all named Bobby.
(b) They refuse to be identified as Watsons.
(c) They all look alike.
(d) They keep changing names.
5. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) A gong.
(b) A ringing doorbell.
(c) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
(d) A ringing telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
2. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
3. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
5. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)