|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(b) It is running backwards.
(c) She must pour the tea.
(d) She does not have her reading glasses.
2. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) His doorbell is broken.
(b) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(c) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(d) He does not have any tea.
3. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
(a) Get a colt.
(b) Run in circles.
(c) Drink tea.
(d) Stand on his head.
4. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He sits down without removing his helmet.
(b) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
(c) He answers the door.
(d) He stands in front of the divan.
5. What excuse do the Martins give for their tardiness?
(a) They got lost.
(c) The train was late.
(d) Mary wouldn't answer the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
3. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
4. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
5. What appears unusual about Mr. and Mrs. Martin's relationship during their first scene?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)