|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
(a) They do not know each other.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are cousins.
2. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
(a) A ringing telephone.
(b) A gong.
(c) A ringing doorbell.
(d) Mary's movement in and out of the room.
3. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Running up and down the tracks.
(c) Tying his shoelace.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
4. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) A silver salver.
(c) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
(d) A gold ring.
5. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A trip to London.
(d) A silver salver.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
3. Whom does Mr. Smith claim has not been properly brought up?
4. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
5. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)