|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(b) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
(c) He can't remember it.
(d) He is too tired.
2. Why does Mrs. Smith scold Mary?
(a) For missing dinner.
(b) For sleeping on the divan.
(c) For going out that afternoon.
(d) For being arrested.
3. According to the Fire Chief, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) The tea is ready but the scones are not always done.
(b) To play a merry tune.
(c) Sometimes, someone is there and sometimes, no one is there.
(d) To tell the homeowner the fire is out.
4. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He sits down without removing his helmet.
(b) He eats the scones, but does not pour the tea.
(c) He answers the door.
(d) He stands in front of the divan.
5. Which line causes an abrupt break in the action?
(a) You are not old enough yet for that.
(b) Nevertheless, it was the cow that gave us tails.
(c) When I say yes, it's only a manner of speaking.
(d) To hell with polishing!
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
2. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
3. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
4. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
5. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)