|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
(a) The fire department.
(b) The Vicar of Wakefield
(c) The match dealer.
(d) The mayor.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
(a) Thin air.
(b) Rose tinted glasses.
(c) The window.
(d) The door.
3. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(b) She courted Mr. Smith.
(c) They rode the train together.
(d) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
4. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
(a) The Fire Chief.
(b) The Martins.
(c) No one.
5. Who is Mary?
(a) The Smith's daughter.
(b) The next door neighbor.
(c) The Smith's cook and maid.
(d) The Martin's cook and maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
3. How does Mr. Smith calm the agitated Mrs. Smith before the Martins arrive?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
5. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)