|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Smith find no one at the door the third time the doorbell rang?
(a) The Fire Chief was already in the kitchen.
(b) The Fire Chief was hiding.
(c) Mr. Smith was hiding.
(d) Mr. Smith was in the kitchen.
2. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) No one.
(b) The Royal Navy.
(c) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
3. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
(d) She courted Mr. Smith.
4. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
(a) A beautiful sunset.
(b) A roaring blaze at his flat.
(c) A straw fire and a little heartburn.
(d) A movie.
5. Who missed dinner with the Smiths?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Watson.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
2. According to the Fire Chief, why can't he put out a fire at a naturalized citizen's house?
3. What city do the Martin's have in common?
4. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
5. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)