|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
(c) Second class.
(d) First class.
2. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(b) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(c) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
(d) They are twins.
3. What nickname does Mary give herself?
(b) Little firehose.
4. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
(b) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(c) It sent chills up her spine.
(d) It was marvelous.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 4:45 p.m.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
2. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
3. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
4. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
5. What does Mrs. Smith recommend giving the Watsons for a wedding present?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)