|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, what are the names of the Watson children?
(a) Mary and Bobby.
(b) John and Sherlock.
(c) Mary and Mary.
(d) Bobby and Bobby.
2. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It was marvelous.
(b) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
(c) It sent chills up his spine.
(d) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
3. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Teach them to hunt.
(b) Sends them away.
(c) Suckle them when they are small.
4. What inconsistencies exist about Bobby Watson's demise?
(a) The manner of his death.
(b) The cause of his death.
(c) The date of his death.
(d) The time of his death.
5. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
(a) The caller on the telephone.
(b) The sound of Mary's shoes.
(c) The meaning of the gong.
(d) The meaning of a ringing doorbell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
2. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
3. Why does Mary recite a poem?
4. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
5. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)