|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
(a) It is random and makes no sense.
(b) It is filled with quotes from famous British authors.
(c) It is filled with expletives.
(d) It is in German.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
(a) The biscuits.
(b) The air.
(c) The tarts.
(d) Mr. Smith.
3. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) It ticks.
(b) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(c) The bald soprano?
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
4. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
(a) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(b) They eat too little and drink too much.
(c) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses, and drinking.
(d) They snore and sing in their sleep.
5. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
(a) Pour the tea.
(b) Light another fire.
(c) Kiss each other.
(d) Leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
2. What did Mary buy for herself?
3. According to Mr. Smith, what behavior do Mary and the Fire Chief demonstrate?
4. What is Mrs. Watson's first name?
5. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)