|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) The Engine.
(b) Coach No. 2.
(c) Coach No. 1.
(d) Coach No. 8.
2. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
(b) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
(c) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(d) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
3. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
(a) They are married.
(b) They do not know each other.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are cousins.
4. Why does Mary scold Mr. and Mrs. Martin?
(a) For arriving late.
(b) For sleeping on the divan.
(c) For being arrested.
(d) For going out that afternoon.
5. In Mr. Smith's story, "The Snake and the Fox", what new feature does the snake obviously possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
2. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
3. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
5. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)