|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
(a) A straw fire and a little heartburn.
(b) A movie.
(c) A beautiful sunset.
(d) A roaring blaze at his flat.
2. Whom does Mr. Smith believe is honest?
(a) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) The Royal Navy.
(d) No one.
3. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. What city do the Martin's have in common?
(a) New York.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
(a) The floor.
(b) The lamp.
(d) The chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the door when Mrs. Smith opens it?
2. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
3. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
4. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
5. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)