|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
(a) To make herself understood.
(b) To read the newspaper.
(c) To chat with Mary.
(d) To talk to Mr. Smith.
2. What city do the Martin's have in common?
(c) New York.
3. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
(a) A typist.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A shop-assistant.
(d) A monophysite priest.
4. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To paint them yellow.
(b) To get a refund.
(c) To give them to his mother.
(d) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what should a person do if he catches a cold?
(a) Stand on his head.
(b) Drink tea.
(c) Run in circles.
(d) Get a colt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
2. What is the mood of the characters in the last scene?
3. Why didn't Mr. Martin see himself in the mirror that morning?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
5. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)