|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Twelve o'clock.
(c) Seventeen o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
2. According to Mr. Martin, who is William?
(a) A typist.
(b) A shop-assistant.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) A clerk.
3. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
(a) Rose tinted glasses.
(b) Thin air.
(c) The window.
(d) The door.
4. What does Mary want to tell the rest of the cast after all the stories have been told?
(a) She wants to quit.
(b) Her own story.
(c) They are ridiculous people.
(d) It is time for bed.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what time does the 8:30 morning train arrive in London?
(a) 8:30 a.m.
(b) 1:00 a.m.
(c) 4:45 p.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary buy for herself?
2. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
3. What is unusual about the dialogue on the last page of the play?
4. How does the Fire Chief act in response to Mrs. Smith's request?
5. What question does the Fire Chief ask the Martins?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)