|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
(a) Her mother-in-law's slippers.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) A silver salver.
2. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
(a) A schoolteacher.
(b) A typist.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) A grocer.
3. Why does the Fire Chief need to leave the Smiths' house?
(a) He is expecting a fire at the other end of the city.
(b) The tea is gone.
(c) He must ring other doorbells.
(d) He is expected in the kitchen.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, why does she need to learn Spanish?
(a) To chat with Mary.
(b) To read the newspaper.
(c) To talk to Mr. Smith.
(d) To make herself understood.
5. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
(a) No one.
(b) The Fire Chief.
(d) The Martins.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Martin, what other job might a maid like Mary be able to perform?
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
3. What time is it when the clock strikes 17 times at the beginning of the play?
4. Whom does Mr. Martin claim is going crazy?
5. According to Mr. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)