|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(b) They are twins.
(c) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(d) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
2. In the Fire Chief's story about the young calf, why did the calf give birth to a cow?
(a) It was in a hurry.
(b) It ate too much ground glass.
(c) The cow was too lazy to birth the calf.
(d) It was trying to improve the stock.
3. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
(a) The work of a famous doctor.
(b) The cure for the common cold.
(d) A listing of genealogies.
4. Why is Mr. Smith angry when he meets the Martins?
(a) Mr. Martin is wearing his suit.
(b) He thinks the Martins have already eaten.
(c) He is hungry and has been waiting for them to arrive.
(d) He was not expecting visitors.
5. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Martin.
(c) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
2. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
3. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
4. Who is Mrs. Smith waiting for to see her at her windmill?
5. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)