|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the alphabet does Mrs Martin quote in the last scene?
(b) The first half.
(c) The second half.
2. According to Mrs. Smith, what other position does a Fire Chief hold?
(a) A confessor.
(b) Police Chief.
(d) A conductor.
3. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(b) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(c) He does not have any tea.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
4. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mrs. Martin sit?
(a) Coach No. 8.
(b) The Engine.
(c) Coach No. 2.
(d) Coach No. 1.
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what is the reason for a ringing doorbell?
(a) Someone is at the door waiting to be admitted.
(b) The fire is out.
(c) No one is at the door.
(d) The tea is ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Fire Chief expect to see later that evening?
2. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
3. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
4. What is the name of Mr. Martin's daughter?
5. Whom does Mary embrace after the stories have been told?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)