|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
(a) She was waiting for someone to answer the door.
(b) She thought her gas was her comb.
(c) She did not drink her tea.
(d) She sat for too long.
2. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
(a) It was the handsomest corpse in Great Britain.
(b) It was the politest corpse in Great Britain
(c) It was too quiet.
(d) His tie was a bit crooked.
3. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
(a) He is foolish at heart.
(b) He did not get a nap that afternoon.
(c) He has wet his pants.
(d) He is hungry.
4. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) No one will kiss him.
(b) He cannot find a fire.
(c) The tea is cold.
(d) The door bells have all been rung.
5. According to Mr. Smith, what will happen if one caresses a circle?
(a) One might face a vicious lawsuit in the morning.
(b) It will turn vicious.
(c) It will melt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit Mr. Durand?
2. In the story, "The Headcold", what was blonde Marie's profession?
3. What comment does Mrs. Martin make about Mary's poem?
4. What inconsistencies exist about Mr. and Mrs. Watson's children?
5. Why doesn't Mr. Smith believe that Dr. Mackenzie-King is a good doctor?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)