|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
(a) They rode the train together.
(b) He is Mrs. Smith's first husband.
(c) He is an old friend of the family.
(d) He just put out a fire in the kitchen.
2. Which mildly offensive word does Mrs. Smith begin to chant after Mr. Smith begins his bird name chant?
(a) Doo doo.
(b) Darn it.
(c) Poo Poo.
3. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
(a) A listing of genealogies.
(c) The cure for the common cold.
(d) The work of a famous doctor.
4. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Burn well!
(b) Good luck, and a good fire!
(c) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(d) See you in cinders!
5. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
(a) Kiss each other.
(b) Light another fire.
(c) Pour the tea.
(d) Leave the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street does Mrs. Martin live?
2. Why did the Fire Chief ring the doorbell?
3. According to the Fire Chief, who is insured against fires?
4. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
5. What comment does Mrs. Smith make about the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)