|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
(a) They eat too little and drink too much.
(b) They snore and sing in their sleep.
(c) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(d) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses, and drinking.
2. According to Mr. Martin, if a person sells an ox today, what will he have tomorrow?
(b) An egg.
(c) A chicken.
(d) Sore toes.
3. Why is the Fire Chief disappointed?
(a) The door bells have all been rung.
(b) He cannot find a fire.
(c) No one will kiss him.
(d) The tea is cold.
4. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Running up and down the tracks.
(b) Tying his shoelace.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
5. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
(a) The time.
(b) The time of the accident.
(c) The actions of the deceased.
(d) The age of the newborn babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who briefly begins the play again after the last scene?
2. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
3. Why does Mr. Smith refuse to follow the advice he is given by the Fire Chief?
4. According to Mr. Martin, where does charity begin?
5. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)