|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Mr. Smith find missing from the paper?
(a) The time.
(b) The time of the accident.
(c) The age of the newborn babies.
(d) The actions of the deceased.
2. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(c) The Royal Navy.
3. What comment does Mr. Martin make about Mary's poem?
(a) It sent chills up his spine.
(b) It was marvelous.
(c) It was timid, dull, and exciting.
(d) There was a certain warmth in the lines.
4. Why didn't Mrs. Smith bring the bottle of Australian Burgundy to the table?
(a) She wanted to set a good example for the children.
(b) It clashed with the tablecloth.
(c) The bottle was empty.
(d) Mr. Smith wanted rum instead.
5. According to the Fire Chief, who rang the doorbell the first two times?
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) He did.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Martin offer to trade for a coffin?
2. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Cock", which animal did the cock wish to play?
3. On what street does Mr. Martin live?
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
5. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)