|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
(a) The first half.
(d) The second half.
2. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She courted Mr. Smith.
(b) They rode the train together.
(c) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(d) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
3. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
(a) She is wearing a bathrobe.
(b) She is still wearing the same clothes as before.
(c) She is wearing Mr. Smith's suit.
(d) Her dress is on backwards.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(a) Orange juice.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many helpings of fish did Mrs. Smith have at dinner?
2. What is Mrs. Watson's profession?
3. According to Mrs. Smith, what was saltier than the soup?
4. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
5. According to Mr. Martin, what is below the ceiling?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)