|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Smith, if a schoolmaster teaches his pupils to read, what does a cat do for its young?
(a) Sends them away.
(b) Suckle them when they are small.
(d) Teach them to hunt.
2. How did Mary spend her afternoon?
(a) She sang in the park, drank sherry, and danced in the kitchen.
(b) She recited poetry in the foyer, drank rum, and slept on the divan.
(c) She went to the cinema, drank brandy and milk, and read the paper.
(d) She slept in the park and was arrested for loitering.
3. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
(a) She reprimands them for being foolish.
(b) She applauds.
(c) She sighs and says, "Just like last week."
(d) She says they are not who they claim to be.
4. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(a) Orange juice.
5. Why can't Mrs. Smith read the clock?
(a) It is running backwards.
(b) She must pour the tea.
(c) It is contradictory, and indicates the opposite of the hour.
(d) She does not have her reading glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Mary recite?
2. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
3. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
4. What does Bobby Watson do on Tuesdays?
5. According to the Fire Chief, why did the young woman asphyxiate?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)