|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
(b) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(c) They rode the train together.
(d) She courted Mr. Smith.
2. According to the Fire Chief, how does he know Mary?
(a) She poured him tea last Tuesday.
(b) She was in the kitchen when he was putting out the fire.
(c) She extinguished his first fires.
(d) She is his cousin.
3. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
(a) He claims to have saved her life.
(b) She finds him charming.
(c) He is collecting kisses.
(d) He pretends to be Mr. Smith.
4. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
(a) He says he will sit on the divan.
(b) He says he will take off his helmet, but cannot sit.
(c) He denies knowing how to answer a door properly.
(d) He agress to pour the tea.
5. When traveling to London by train, in which coach does Mr. Martin sit?
(a) The Engine.
(b) Coach No. 1.
(c) Coach No. 8.
(d) Coach No. 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which machine does Mrs. Smith imitate in the last scene?
2. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
3. According to the Fire Chief, who puts out the Vicar's fires?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what did the third wife from the story "The Headcold" do while sitting on a hornet's nest?
5. What observation does Mr. Smith make about Bobby Watson's corpse?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)