|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
(c) First class.
(d) Second class.
2. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Tying his shoelace.
(d) Running up and down the tracks.
3. Why does Mrs. Smith believe the Martins must have interesting stories to tell?
(a) Because they travel a great deal.
(b) Because the television is broken.
(c) They have had an adventurous day.
(d) Because they are entertainers.
4. Whom did Dr. Mackenzie-King operate on before he operated on Parker?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
(b) Mr. Smith.
5. According to Mr. Smith, why was the second Marie from the story "The Headcold" also named Marie?
(a) They are twins.
(b) Because she was a typist, like the first Marie.
(c) Because she was blonde, like the first Marie.
(d) She is the second cousin twice removed of the first Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
2. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
3. Why does Mrs. Smith kiss the Fire Chief?
4. What type of stories does the Fire Chief tell?
5. What complaint does Mrs. Smith have about men?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)