|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound do the Smiths argue about?
(a) The caller on the telephone.
(b) The sound of Mary's shoes.
(c) The meaning of the gong.
(d) The meaning of a ringing doorbell.
2. When boarding the train to London, how did Mr. Martin assist Mrs. Martin?
(a) He helped her find her seat.
(b) He placed her suitcase on the luggage rack.
(c) He moved to give her the window seat.
(d) He held her coat.
3. Whom does Mr. Smith wish would marry his maid?
(a) William, the shop-assistant.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) A monophysite priest.
(d) The Fire Chief.
4. Whom does Mary embrace after the stories have been told?
(a) Bobby Watson.
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) The Fire Chief.
(d) Mr. Smith.
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what did the Smith's son want to drink at dinner?
(a) Orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Martin, why have there been so few fires the past year?
2. What orders has the Fire Chief been given?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
4. Which character admits to reading poetry before a mirror?
5. According to Mrs. Martin, when can one sit down in a chair?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)