|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Martin bid the Fire Chief farewell?
(a) Burn well!
(b) Good luck, and a good fire!
(c) Smouldering, always smouldering.
(d) See you in cinders!
2. What is the name of Mrs. Martin's daughter?
3. How does Mary contradict Mr. and Mrs. Martin's conclusion?
(a) She reprimands them for being foolish.
(b) She sighs and says, "Just like last week."
(c) She applauds.
(d) She says they are not who they claim to be.
4. What rare item does the grocer Popesco Rosenfeld sell?
5. When do the Watsons not have business competition?
(a) Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Sundays.
(b) Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
(c) Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Tuesdays.
(d) Tuesdays, Mondays, and Saturdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mrs. Martin ride?
2. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
3. What is the Fire Chief's verbal answer to Mrs. Smith's request?
4. What city do the Martin's have in common?
5. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)