|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What line do all the characters on stage chant at the end of the last scene?
(a) Go west, young man!
(b) It's not that way, it's over here!
(c) Again I say, again!
(d) It's here!
2. Why does Mary recite a poem?
(a) To honor the Fire Chief.
(b) To annoy the cast.
(c) To honor the Smiths.
(d) To honor the Martins.
3. Before he leaves, what comment does the Fire Chief make that causes embarrassment to the other characters?
(a) She always wears her hair in the same style.
(b) The bald soprano?
(c) It ticks.
(d) A truly Cartesian quarter of an hour.
4. With what unamazing story does Mrs. Martin amaze the Smiths?
(a) Her grandmother has caught a cold.
(b) She saw a dog barking at a mailman.
(c) The train stopped three times before arriving at the station.
(d) She saw a man kneeling to tie his shoelace.
5. According to Mrs. Smith, what must one look out of in real life?
(a) Thin air.
(b) The window.
(c) Rose tinted glasses.
(d) The door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Mrs. Smith's statement about having changed her dress?
2. Who is at the door when Mr. Smith opens it?
3. What constantly interrupts Mrs. Martin's storytelling?
4. What question does Mrs. Smith pose about Bobby Watson's work habits?
5. Which character suddenly says, "I've been goosed."?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)