|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Smith believe is dishonest?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Mackenzie-King.
(d) The Royal Navy.
2. According to Mr. Smith, what must one always think of?
3. What does Mr. Smith enjoy when he is in the country?
(b) Solitude and quiet.
(d) His tea.
4. How does Mr. Smith claim to know the Fire Chief's mother?
(a) They rode the train together.
(b) She was in the kitchen when it caught fire.
(c) She was Mr. Smith's first wife.
(d) She courted Mr. Smith.
5. What conclusion do Mr. and Mrs. Martin reach at the end of their discussion?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They do not know each other.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the Fire Chief standing outside the house by the door?
2. How does Mr. Smith know the Fire Chief?
3. What poem does Mary recite?
4. Why did the Fire Chief stand outside by the door for a long time before ringing the bell?
5. Which character does Mrs. Smith advise to read poetry before a mirror?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)