|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Fire Chief's story, "The Headcold", what is the main subject of the story?
(a) A listing of genealogies.
(b) The work of a famous doctor.
(c) The cure for the common cold.
2. What did Mrs. Martin see a man doing on the Underground?
(b) Running up and down the tracks.
(c) Reading a newspaper.
(d) Tying his shoelace.
3. In Mrs. Smith's story, "The Bouquet", why does the fiancé take back the bouquet of flowers?
(a) To teach his fiancée a lesson.
(b) To give them to his mother.
(c) To paint them yellow.
(d) To get a refund.
4. Which part of the alphabet does Mr. Smith quote in the last scene?
(a) The first half.
(c) The second half.
5. Why can't the Fire Chief retell the story of "The Headcold"?
(a) He must put out a fire in the kitchen.
(b) He is too tired.
(c) He can't remember it.
(d) He doesn't know if he has enough time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might pay for the Watson children's schooling?
2. When traveling to London by train, in what class compartment does Mr. Martin ride?
3. In Mary's poem, what was burning?
4. According to Mrs. Martin, what does she prefer over a sparrow in a barrow?
5. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)