|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Fire Chief refuse to visit the Vicar of Wakefield?
(a) He does not have any tea.
(b) He doesn't have the right to extinguish clergymen's fires.
(c) The Vicar is already insured against fires.
(d) His doorbell is broken.
2. To what does Mr. Smith compare doctors and their patients?
(a) Cats and mice.
(b) Captains and their ships.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) The sun and the moon.
3. What are the Smiths doing while Mary recites her poem?
(c) Drinking tea.
(d) Pushing her offstage.
4. What complaint does Mr. Smith have about women?
(a) They spend all day smoking, powdering their noses and drinking.
(b) They eat too much and drink too little.
(c) They spend all day playing golf and reading romance novels.
(d) They snore and sing in their sleep.
5. According to Mr. Martin, what is a staff?
(a) A peacekeeping tool.
(b) The perfect wedding gift.
(c) A laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Mrs. Smith give for Mr. Smith's ill temper?
2. According to Mr. Martin, who is Edward?
3. What advice does the Fire Chief give the Smiths after the doorbell discussion has ended?
4. What food does the Smith's daughter prefer?
5. When did Mr. and Mrs. Smith attend Bobby Watson's funeral?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)