|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place the local people call a country club?
2. Who telephones Mike at his cabin?
(a) Mattie Devore.
(b) Madeline Devore.
(c) Mamie Devore.
(d) Max Devore.
3. What is the TR that Mike refers to in the book?
(a) Train Ride.
(c) Travel Route.
4. Where is Johanna in the first nightmare Mike has about her?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Looking in the window.
(c) In her car.
(d) In the ocean.
5. How is Mike completing his new novel?
(a) He has decided not to finish it.
(b) He is plagiarizing.
(c) He is using material he has created in other years.
(d) He writing 20 hours a day.
6. What does Mike notice when he goes into the bathroom to take a shower after his wild night of hallucinations?
(a) The commode is missing.
(b) The window is wide open.
(c) There is writing on the mirror.
(d) The tub is filled with water.
7. What is Harold's last name?.
8. What is Mike's getaway house in Maine?
(a) Sara Laughs.
(b) Sara Squints.
(c) Sara Smiles.
(d) Sara Frowns.
9. What is Mike's profession?
10. What is Mike doing when his phone rings at the cabin?
(a) Watching fireworks.
(b) Eating dinner.
(d) Watching TV.
11. What does Mike do when he heads to the beach and is overcome with emotion?
(a) Dives into the water.
(b) Lies flat on the ground.
(c) Returns to the house.
(d) Sits and cries.
12. What is Mike's last name?
13. Sara Laughs is located on which lake in Maine?
(a) Bartlesby Lake.
(b) Old Loon Lake.
(c) Toothaker Lake.
(d) Dark Score Lake.
14. Who is Johanna's favorite brother?
15. What is Harold's profession?
(a) Literary agent.
(c) News reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mike decide to go on a vacation?
2. How long has Johanna been dead when Mike returns to Sara Laughs?
3. Bill tells Mike that he was at the cabin when Johanna received a shipment of _______________.
4. Mike sees an old woman at the dock who is so thin he calls her a _____________________ in his mind.
5. Who was Sara Tidwell?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)