|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exercise does Dave suggest to Kate?
2. What dog does David compare Kate to?
3. What was it too soon for?
4. What does David suggest to cheer Kate up?
5. Where did Elsie aim to shoot the man on the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about the hole made Kate fearful?
2. What was it about the way Kate said what she did that made David's throat close?
3. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
4. Describe Kate's personality.
5. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
6. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
7. Why wouldn't anyone think that Kate did drugs?
8. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
9. What was the difference between Dave and Anatole in the morning?
10. What decision does Kate make while sitting at David's and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
Speculate on the point of reading romance novels. What does it provide, if anything, to the reader? Do you think they are important to society? Why or why not? What is realistic about them? What is more fantasy than realism? Explain why you feel this way.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast David and Kate. Explain how they are suited for one another romantically, and how they differ from each other. Would you have thought that these two types of personalities would get along? Why or why not?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)