|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David suggest that they could stay up all night doing?
2. What did Kate forget?
3. What style were they built in?
4. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
5. What is Kate's marital status?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was interesting to note about their first kiss?
2. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
3. Why does David want to teach Kate how to play football?
4. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
5. Why was Kate mad at David?
6. What was the first thing that made Kate's heart flop for during the evening?
7. How did Kate create a catastrophe at the concert hall?
8. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
9. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
10. What was it about the way Kate said what she did that made David's throat close?
Essay Topic 1
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
This section contains 1,632 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)