Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
2. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
3. What was the purpose of David stopping at the practice field?
4. What was it too soon for?
5. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
2. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
3. What is the price for David's assistance?
4. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
5. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
6. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
7. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
8. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
9. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
10. Why was Kate mad at David?
Speculate on the point of reading romance novels. What does it provide, if anything, to the reader? Do you think they are important to society? Why or why not? What is realistic about them? What is more fantasy than realism? Explain why you feel this way.
Janet Evanovich juxtaposes many different characters along side each other in her novels. What do you think is the purpose of such juxtaposition? How well do you think Kate and Dave are suited to each other? Grace and Michael? Elsie and Gus? Explain your answers.
Explain why romance is seldom like it is in books. What elements are usually missing in real life? What kinds of things do the characters do, or that they experience, appears to be fantastical in elements, or situations?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)