Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
2. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
3. What was the purpose of David stopping at the practice field?
4. What was it too soon for?
5. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
2. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
3. What is the price for David's assistance?
4. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
5. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
6. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
7. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
8. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
9. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
10. Why was Kate mad at David?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why romance is seldom like it is in books. What elements are usually missing in real life? What kinds of things do the characters do, or that they experience, appears to be fantastical in elements, or situations?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Elsie and the Old Cadillac belonging to Gus are perfect symbols. What do they symbolize and why? Look for contrasting symbols and try to explain what you think the author could have meant by using these symbols.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)