|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment made it difficult for David to keep the smile from his face?
2. What kinds of trees were stunted?
3. What color were the wing chairs that were in David's house?
4. What was Kate trying to do but couldn't?
5. Kate admits that she is impulsive and emotional about everything but...?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
2. How does Kate keep busy?
3. What did the "birthday cake" house look like?
4. What was David's house like?
5. What was interesting to note about their first kiss?
6. Explain how David's character is revealed?
7. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
8. Why was it kind of weird that there was someone on Kate's roof?
9. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
10. How did Kate view the collapse of her marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David and Kate. Explain how they are suited for one another romantically, and how they differ from each other. Would you have thought that these two types of personalities would get along? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did the interaction with Kate's parents help Dave to better understand her? In what ways would it be possible to feel sorry for a child living in such a household? How could this kind of parenting be responsible for productive and driven adults, but also depriving children of their only chance to be children?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)