|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who showed up at the door?
2. What primarily occupies David's time?
3. What was Kate yearning for?
4. What "weapon" did Kate find?
5. What kind of feeling did Dave expect when he thought of holding Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Dave know who the camera belonged to?
2. Describe Kate's personality.
3. What kinds of things are insurmountable when you are married, according to Kate?
4. What was David's house like?
5. Why was it kind of weird that there was someone on Kate's roof?
6. What did the "birthday cake" house look like?
7. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
8. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
9. Why did Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butler drive Kate crazy?
10. What made Kate furious?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why romance is seldom like it is in books. What elements are usually missing in real life? What kinds of things do the characters do, or that they experience, appears to be fantastical in elements, or situations?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
This section contains 1,655 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)