|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did neither genius that lived in the house know about?
2. Where is the Cash and Carry store?
3. What smell permeated David's home?
4. How does Kate describe David's home?
5. What did Dave tell Kate to do when he left her sitting there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between Dave and Anatole in the morning?
2. Why wouldn't anyone think that Kate did drugs?
3. Explain how David's character is revealed?
4. What about the hole made Kate fearful?
5. What was it about the way Kate said what she did that made David's throat close?
6. What did the "birthday cake" house look like?
7. Describe Kate's personality.
8. Why was it kind of weird that there was someone on Kate's roof?
9. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
10. How does Kate keep busy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the kittens. What does her kitten represent to Kate? Why is she so distraught when the kitten is missing? Speculate on the gifts of multiple kittens. What kind of symbol do you think this could represent?
Essay Topic 2
Janet Evanovich juxtaposes many different characters along side each other in her novels. What do you think is the purpose of such juxtaposition? How well do you think Kate and Dave are suited to each other? Grace and Michael? Elsie and Gus? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)