|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material did David use to fix her ceiling?
2. What time is Kate's concert?
3. What was Kate trying to do but couldn't?
4. What was it too soon for?
5. What does David suggest to cheer Kate up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
2. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
3. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
4. What did Kate like about David's voice?
5. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
6. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
7. How did Kate view the collapse of her marriage?
8. What decision does Kate make while sitting at David's and why?
9. What impresses Kate about David?
10. Explain how David's character is revealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
Essay Topic 2
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the point of the house across the street blowing up. What kind of affect do you think this has on the plot line? Do you think this affect could have been achieved in another manner? Explain how or why not.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)