|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation hit Kate in the pit of her stomach?
2. How old was the bush that Kate and Elsie crashed into?
3. What is Kate's marital status?
4. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
5. What couldn't Dave stand about working at Adtech?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kate view the collapse of her marriage?
2. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
3. What did the "birthday cake" house look like?
4. What kinds of images were evoked with the thought of removing Kate's dress?
5. What did Kate like about David's voice?
6. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
7. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
8. Why wouldn't anyone think that Kate did drugs?
9. What impresses Kate about David?
10. What elements were necessary for love at first sight, according to Kate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Elsie and the Old Cadillac belonging to Gus are perfect symbols. What do they symbolize and why? Look for contrasting symbols and try to explain what you think the author could have meant by using these symbols.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of thoughts plagued Kate's mind after she woke up the morning after the dinner party? How are these thoughts reasonable? How are they the mark of a woman running scared from her last marriage? How are they likely the affect of a traumatic dinner party the night before? Do you think Kate is being reasonable? Why or why not?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)