Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
2. What sight caused Kate to purse her lips?
3. What was the purpose of David stopping at the practice field?
4. What was it too soon for?
5. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
2. Why did Howie and Slik show up at David's house?
3. What is the price for David's assistance?
4. Why did the word "disaster" hover at the forefront of Kate's mind in regards to dinner?
5. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
6. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
7. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
8. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
9. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
10. Why was Kate mad at David?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Elsie and the Old Cadillac belonging to Gus are perfect symbols. What do they symbolize and why? Look for contrasting symbols and try to explain what you think the author could have meant by using these symbols.
Essay Topic 2
How does Kate's passion say a lot about who she is? How can you tell about someone's personality by their interests? What can you tell? Describe a personality profile for Dave and for Kate based on what they like to do, and their jobs.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elsie and Kate. What kinds of people are they? Who is most likely to get in trouble, and why? Who would you most want on your side in a fight, and why?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)