|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say about Kate's lifestyle?
2. What kinds of images did the idea of removing her dress evoke?
3. What did Kate forget?
4. Why was it a good thing Elsie's previous job retired her?
5. What happened to Kate on Friday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Kate mad at David?
2. What missed opportunities is Dave talking about on page 81?
3. What did Kate like about David's voice?
4. Why did Howie blush?
5. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
6. What kinds of things are insurmountable when you are married, according to Kate?
7. What made Kate furious?
8. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
9. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
10. Explain why Elsie could think David is a spy.
Essay Topic 1
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
Essay Topic 2
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the point of the house across the street blowing up. What kind of affect do you think this has on the plot line? Do you think this affect could have been achieved in another manner? Explain how or why not.
This section contains 1,740 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)