|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wood was the elaborate arch separated the living room from the dining room?
2. What does Dave say about Kate's lifestyle?
3. How does Kate describe David's home?
4. What did Elsie say about David?
5. What kind of weather vane was on the top of the birthday cake house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
2. What was David's house like?
3. What was the difference between Dave and Anatole in the morning?
4. What did Kate like about David's voice?
5. What about the hole made Kate fearful?
6. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
7. Why was it kind of weird that there was someone on Kate's roof?
8. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
9. What kinds of images were evoked with the thought of removing Kate's dress?
10. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Try to provide a reason why some people are work-a-holics. In what ways can working too hard contribute to a shorter life span? What kinds of health defects can occur from not taking proper care of oneself? Explain some ways people reduce stress after working very hard.
Essay Topic 2
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of thoughts plagued Kate's mind after she woke up the morning after the dinner party? How are these thoughts reasonable? How are they the mark of a woman running scared from her last marriage? How are they likely the affect of a traumatic dinner party the night before? Do you think Kate is being reasonable? Why or why not?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)