|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David suggest to cheer Kate up?
2. What does Elsie say that Washington is crawling with?
3. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
4. What is the name of Dave's sports team?
5. What dog does David compare Kate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
2. What impresses Kate about David?
3. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
4. What was David's house like?
5. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
6. How did Kate view the collapse of her marriage?
7. What is the price for David's assistance?
8. What missed opportunities is Dave talking about on page 81?
9. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
10. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
Janet Evanovich juxtaposes many different characters along side each other in her novels. What do you think is the purpose of such juxtaposition? How well do you think Kate and Dave are suited to each other? Grace and Michael? Elsie and Gus? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Kate's stubbornness is her greatest flaw and her greatest strength. How is this personality trait both desirable and unattractive? Would you like this kind of trait in your boyfriend/girlfriend? Why or why not?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)