|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job was Kate given?
2. What was Kate trying to do but couldn't?
3. What is Kate rushing out of the house for?
4. What did Dave find he liked about Kate?
5. What did Dave tell Kate to do when he left her sitting there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was David's house like?
2. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
3. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
4. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
5. What was the difference between Dave and Anatole in the morning?
6. What did the "birthday cake" house look like?
7. What was interesting to note about their first kiss?
8. What decision does Kate make while sitting at David's and why?
9. What missed opportunities is Dave talking about on page 81?
10. What impresses Kate about David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Speculate on the point of reading romance novels. What does it provide, if anything, to the reader? Do you think they are important to society? Why or why not? What is realistic about them? What is more fantasy than realism? Explain why you feel this way.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elsie and Kate. What kinds of people are they? Who is most likely to get in trouble, and why? Who would you most want on your side in a fight, and why?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)