|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate describe her marriage to Anatole?
2. What did Dave nearly drop in his lap?
3. Why wouldn't someone assume that Kate does drugs?
4. What happened to Kate on Friday?
5. What did Elsie give to David?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how David's character is revealed?
2. What was the difference between Dave and Anatole in the morning?
3. What did Kate like about David's voice?
4. Why was it kind of weird that there was someone on Kate's roof?
5. What missed opportunities is Dave talking about on page 81?
6. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
7. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
8. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
9. What elements were necessary for love at first sight, according to Kate?
10. How was David's touch satisfying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David and Kate. Explain how they are suited for one another romantically, and how they differ from each other. Would you have thought that these two types of personalities would get along? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of thoughts plagued Kate's mind after she woke up the morning after the dinner party? How are these thoughts reasonable? How are they the mark of a woman running scared from her last marriage? How are they likely the affect of a traumatic dinner party the night before? Do you think Kate is being reasonable? Why or why not?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)