|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was photography frustrating?
2. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
3. What kind of food did David order?
4. What does Dave say about Kate's lifestyle?
5. What is Kate's marital status?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
2. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
3. Explain why Elsie could think David is a spy.
4. How was David's touch satisfying?
5. What elements were necessary for love at first sight, according to Kate?
6. How does Kate keep busy?
7. What impresses Kate about David?
8. What missed opportunities is Dave talking about on page 81?
9. Why did Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butler drive Kate crazy?
10. What was it about the way Kate said what she did that made David's throat close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
Essay Topic 2
What did the kitten Kate lost represent to her? What literary device is this? What did it mean to Kate when she had lost it? Do you think this is a normal reaction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)