|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the wing chairs that were in David's house?
2. What does Elsie think about David?
3. What did neither genius that lived in the house know about?
4. What was it too soon for?
5. What was Kate called behind her back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between Dave and Anatole in the morning?
2. What did Kate like about David's voice?
3. What decision does Kate make while sitting at David's and why?
4. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
5. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
6. What was interesting to note about their first kiss?
7. What was David's house like?
8. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
9. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
10. What was it about the way Kate said what she did that made David's throat close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Janet Evanovich juxtaposes many different characters along side each other in her novels. What do you think is the purpose of such juxtaposition? How well do you think Kate and Dave are suited to each other? Grace and Michael? Elsie and Gus? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
Essay Topic 3
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)