|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment made it difficult for David to keep the smile from his face?
2. What was Kate yearning for?
3. Why was David on her roof?
4. What was different about the compliments she received from David?
5. What does Kate notice about David that is very sexy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate keep busy?
2. What about the hole made Kate fearful?
3. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
4. Why is David so bent out of shape about breakfast?
5. What was David's house like?
6. Explain how David's character is revealed?
7. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
8. What kinds of images were evoked with the thought of removing Kate's dress?
9. How was David's touch satisfying?
10. What decision does Kate make while sitting at David's and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast David and Kate. Explain how they are suited for one another romantically, and how they differ from each other. Would you have thought that these two types of personalities would get along? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
For what sort of reasons did Kate and Anatole's marriage fail? Why does Kate believe that Dave and her relationship will fail? Do you think this is an accurate assessment? Why or why not? What revelation does Kate have about her marriage to Anatole, and how does it affect her present relationship?
Essay Topic 3
How did the interaction with Kate's parents help Dave to better understand her? In what ways would it be possible to feel sorry for a child living in such a household? How could this kind of parenting be responsible for productive and driven adults, but also depriving children of their only chance to be children?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)