|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dog does David compare Kate to?
2. What couldn't Dave stand about working at Adtech?
3. What is Kate's marital status?
4. What observation hit Kate in the pit of her stomach?
5. What job was Kate given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of images were evoked with the thought of removing Kate's dress?
2. What was interesting to note about their first kiss?
3. What impresses Kate about David?
4. What decision does Kate make while sitting at David's and why?
5. What elements were necessary for love at first sight, according to Kate?
6. Why did Elsie have to lie about her age?
7. Explain why Elsie could think David is a spy.
8. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
9. Why did Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butler drive Kate crazy?
10. What did Kate like about David's voice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Kate? What kind of life does she lead? Explain how Kate and Dave's personalities actually compliment each other. What kind of life awaits them later on?
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the point of the house across the street blowing up. What kind of affect do you think this has on the plot line? Do you think this affect could have been achieved in another manner? Explain how or why not.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)