|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elsie give to David?
2. What was the name of the Schneiders' dog?
3. Why was photography frustrating?
4. What bridge did Kate and Dave drive on?
5. What kinds of images did the idea of removing her dress evoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
2. What decision does Kate make while sitting at David's and why?
3. How does Kate keep busy?
4. What is the price for David's assistance?
5. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
6. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
7. What was David's house like?
8. What did David note about Elsie's gun?
9. How did Kate view the collapse of her marriage?
10. Describe Kate's personality.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the kitten Kate lost represent to her? What literary device is this? What did it mean to Kate when she had lost it? Do you think this is a normal reaction? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Kate's passion say a lot about who she is? How can you tell about someone's personality by their interests? What can you tell? Describe a personality profile for Dave and for Kate based on what they like to do, and their jobs.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elsie and Kate. What kinds of people are they? Who is most likely to get in trouble, and why? Who would you most want on your side in a fight, and why?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)