|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elsie give to David?
2. What vitamin does Dave ask Kate if she takes?
3. What kind of weather vane was on the top of the birthday cake house?
4. What does it mean when an alarm goes off in Kate's house?
5. How much did her feather quilt cost her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the price for David's assistance?
2. What was interesting to note about their first kiss?
3. How did Kate view the collapse of her marriage?
4. What was it about the way Kate said what she did that made David's throat close?
5. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
6. Why wouldn't anyone think that Kate did drugs?
7. Describe Kate's personality.
8. What did the "birthday cake" house look like?
9. What elements were necessary for love at first sight, according to Kate?
10. What missed opportunities is Dave talking about on page 81?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes many allusions to popular comic book and cartoon characters. What does this say about the author's personality? Which character do you think the author would most identify with? Provide at least three reasons why you think this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
How does Kate's passion say a lot about who she is? How can you tell about someone's personality by their interests? What can you tell? Describe a personality profile for Dave and for Kate based on what they like to do, and their jobs.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elsie and Kate. What kinds of people are they? Who is most likely to get in trouble, and why? Who would you most want on your side in a fight, and why?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)