|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "weapon" did Kate find?
2. What did Elsie give to David?
3. What did neither genius that lived in the house know about?
4. What does Dave offer the team to solicit their help?
5. What business did David run with a partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Elsie like the senior citizens home?
2. How does Kate keep busy?
3. What about the hole made Kate fearful?
4. How does David describe Kate's presence on stage?
5. What impresses Kate about David?
6. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
7. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
8. Why was it kind of weird that there was someone on Kate's roof?
9. How did Kate feel about Elsie?
10. What was interesting to note about their first kiss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the point of the house across the street blowing up. What kind of affect do you think this has on the plot line? Do you think this affect could have been achieved in another manner? Explain how or why not.
Essay Topic 2
How is this novel a typical romance? Compare it to the plot outlines of at least two other romance novels. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Dave was so afraid to show Kate his third floor that he locked it up tight every time she was over. How do you think the story would have progressed if he would have shown her the room earlier? What do you think Kate's move would have been in that instance?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)