|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Kate feel less vulnerable?
(a) That she had decided to move.
(b) That she was back in her own home.
(c) The fact that the roof was all but fixed.
(d) That she was David's girlfriend.
2. How many hours after Kate had gotten up did Dave?
(a) Two and a half.
(c) Three and a half.
3. What did Kate's father say he would do if she married Dave?
(a) He'd never speak to her again.
(b) Put her up for adoption.
(c) Disown her.
(d) Claim he never had a daughter.
4. What was Dave doing?
(a) Having dinner with another woman.
(b) Making her dinner.
(c) Setting up for a romantic evening.
(d) Playing with a toy train.
5. What was Kate's job in the kitchen?
(a) Steaming broccoli.
(b) Peeling potatoes.
(c) Peeling carrots.
(d) Slicing carrots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elsie talk Kate into doing?
2. What time did the carpenters and roofers leave?
3. Who was the first person to call bingo?
4. What started the chaos in the music hall?
5. What time does Kate have her students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompted Kate and Dave's closeness in the kitchen and resulted in Kate dropping her crutches?
2. Why did Elsie call Kate stupid?
3. Why did Kate get so worked up about her mom coming for dinner on Saturday?
4. Why did Howie blush?
5. How did Dave feel about rattling Kate's composure every once in awhile.
6. Why did Kate consider David to be the enemy?
7. Why was Kate mad at David?
8. In what ways did Kate feel like she had fallen down the rabbit hole?
9. What was the difference between the way Dave held Kate and the way Anatole held her?
10. How did Kate look to Dave?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)