|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Howie get the window open upstairs?
(a) Police are never much for niceties.
(b) Dave had propped it shut out of their reach.
(c) Dave had screwed it shut.
(d) Dave had painted over the latch,
2. What did Kate find in her azalea?
(a) A hand held camera.
(b) A black box.
(c) A video camera.
(d) A piece of the wreckage.
3. What did Kate miss?
(b) David's train noises.
(c) David's warm arms.
(d) The noise and activity.
4. What vehicle did they drive to the bingo hall?
(a) Kate's compact sedan.
(b) David's Porsche.
(c) David's Corvette.
(d) David's Aston Martin.
5. What was a poor choice of words for Howie?
(a) He would kill for a cup of coffee.
(b) He was hurting for information.
(c) He would kill for breakfast.
(d) He would kill the possessor of the tape.
6. What excuse did Dave invent for the tally marks on Kate's cast?
(a) Days that have passed since Kate hurt herself.
(b) Movies they watched.
(c) Games she won.
(d) Toe exercises.
7. What distracted Kate out the window?
(a) A small bird.
(b) A couple walking down the street.
(c) Mrs, Pearson hanging decorations.
(d) A piece of paper fluttering down the street.
8. What were Elsie and Grace drinking?
(d) Sauvignon Blanc.
9. What couldn't she get within three feet of without getting a rush?
(a) A gearshift.
(b) The spot in the kitchen where he had kissed her.
(d) His house.
10. What color and kind of car were the people making sure they got on camera?
(a) A blue minivan.
(b) A red Porsche.
(c) A grey coupe.
(d) A blue sedan.
11. What had Kate written in the dust on her bureau?
(a) I want to marry David!
(b) Katherine Dodd.
(d) Kate+David 4 ever.
12. How did Kate break her leg?
(a) She tripped over a curb.
(b) She tripped over a sewer grate.
(c) She tackled a garbage can.
(d) She lunged for a catch and missed.
13. What color was Kate's mothers' shirt?
(a) Light yellow.
(c) Light green.
14. What was a sign of mental instability?
(a) Talking to yourself.
(b) Talking to yourself while stuck in traffic.
(c) Always being late.
(d) Drumming your fingers on your steering wheel.
15. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
(a) David had yelled for her to be careful.
(b) She predicted this would happen the day before.
(c) She always knew sports would end up in broken bones.
(d) David had told her "break a leg" yesterday before her performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kate's mother accidentally butter instead of her roll?
2. How long was the vacation Kate was given?
3. Why didn't Kate have any power?
4. What does Elsie call Kate when she finds out that she's not "mooning" over David?
5. What was Kate's job in the kitchen?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)