|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person to call bingo?
(a) Theresa Ann.
(b) Tootsie Anheiser.
(c) Betty Anheiser.
(d) Tootsie Rollas.
2. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
(a) David had yelled for her to be careful.
(b) David had told her "break a leg" yesterday before her performance.
(c) She always knew sports would end up in broken bones.
(d) She predicted this would happen the day before.
3. What does Elsie call Kate when she finds out that she's not "mooning" over David?
4. What couldn't she get within three feet of without getting a rush?
(a) His house.
(b) The spot in the kitchen where he had kissed her.
(d) A gearshift.
5. What does Elsie use to mash potatoes?
(a) A hand mixer.
(b) A fork.
(c) An electric mixer.
(d) A masher.
6. How did Kate look to Dave?
(a) Like an apparition.
(c) Like a wraith.
(d) Like an anorexic.
7. What kind of food did Kate want with her bingo winnings?
8. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
(a) All of these.
(b) One that made her lips feel swollen.
(c) One with violent intensity.
(d) One that took her breath away.
9. What does Kate think about footballs?
(a) They should be prettier colors.
(b) All of these.
(c) They're not shaped to fit her hand.
(d) They're ugly.
10. What did Kate not have time for that she regretted?
(a) No time to discuss what had occurred between them.
(b) No Dave time.
(c) No time for herself.
(d) No time for a relationship.
11. What distracted Kate out the window?
(a) A small bird.
(b) Mrs, Pearson hanging decorations.
(c) A couple walking down the street.
(d) A piece of paper fluttering down the street.
12. What was Dave doing?
(a) Setting up for a romantic evening.
(b) Playing with a toy train.
(c) Making her dinner.
(d) Having dinner with another woman.
13. What was a poor choice of words for Howie?
(a) He would kill for breakfast.
(b) He would kill for a cup of coffee.
(c) He would kill the possessor of the tape.
(d) He was hurting for information.
14. Who did Kate blame for her distraction?
(d) The birds.
15. What was Elsie's hankie?
(a) Her gun.
(b) A silk affair with lace.
(c) A cotton square with embroidery.
(d) A large knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
2. How much money did Kate win?
3. How had Howie's weight changed?
4. What is Dave happy to hear her admit?
5. What time is dinner on Saturday.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)