|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dave sit?
(a) In the passenger's seat.
(b) With the gearshift in his lap.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the drivers seat.
2. What fictional character does Dave compare Elsie to
(a) Calamity Jane.
(b) Betty Grabel.
(c) Annie Oakley.
(d) Annabel Guernsey.
3. What color was Kate's mothers' shirt?
(a) Light yellow.
(c) Light green.
4. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
(a) Out having a lot of fun.
(b) Playing choo choo.
(c) Buying more comic books.
(d) Out with another girl.
5. What sport is Dave convinced to play with Kate?
(d) Water Polo.
6. What was a sign of mental instability?
(a) Talking to yourself while stuck in traffic.
(b) Talking to yourself.
(c) Always being late.
(d) Drumming your fingers on your steering wheel.
7. What does Elsie call Kate when she finds out that she's not "mooning" over David?
8. What was Dave doing?
(a) Playing with a toy train.
(b) Setting up for a romantic evening.
(c) Having dinner with another woman.
(d) Making her dinner.
9. What were Elsie and Grace drinking?
(b) Sauvignon Blanc.
10. What did Kate's mother call David?
(b) Sexy pants.
(c) No good bum.
(d) Cutie pie.
11. What was a poor choice of words for Howie?
(a) He would kill the possessor of the tape.
(b) He would kill for breakfast.
(c) He would kill for a cup of coffee.
(d) He was hurting for information.
12. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
(a) David had yelled for her to be careful.
(b) She always knew sports would end up in broken bones.
(c) David had told her "break a leg" yesterday before her performance.
(d) She predicted this would happen the day before.
13. Who did Kate blame for her distraction?
(d) The birds.
14. At what time was Kate most lonely?
(a) Before she had met David.
(b) When she was living alone.
(c) When she was getting her divorce.
(d) Living with Anatole.
15. What does Kate think about footballs?
(a) They should be prettier colors.
(b) They're ugly.
(c) They're not shaped to fit her hand.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Kate win?
2. What is the worst thing of all about having her mother over for dinner?
3. What did Kate's father say he would do if she married Dave?
4. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
5. Why didn't Kate have any power?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)