|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time was Kate most lonely?
(a) When she was getting her divorce.
(b) Living with Anatole.
(c) Before she had met David.
(d) When she was living alone.
2. What was Elsie's hankie?
(a) A cotton square with embroidery.
(b) Her gun.
(c) A large knife.
(d) A silk affair with lace.
3. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
(a) David had yelled for her to be careful.
(b) David had told her "break a leg" yesterday before her performance.
(c) She always knew sports would end up in broken bones.
(d) She predicted this would happen the day before.
4. What were Elsie and Grace drinking?
(c) Sauvignon Blanc.
5. What movie does David put in the DVD player?
(a) Raiders of the Lost Ark.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Fifth Element.
6. Who was the first person to call bingo?
(a) Betty Anheiser.
(b) Tootsie Rollas.
(c) Theresa Ann.
(d) Tootsie Anheiser.
7. What would she have done if she would have had more time?
(a) Burst into tears.
(b) Told him she never wanted to see him again,
(c) Screamed at him.
(d) Broken his train.
8. What was a sign of mental instability?
(a) Talking to yourself while stuck in traffic.
(b) Always being late.
(c) Talking to yourself.
(d) Drumming your fingers on your steering wheel.
9. What would play have been equated with in the Finn household?
(c) The mark of an underachiever.
(d) Goofing off.
10. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
(a) All of these.
(b) One with violent intensity.
(c) One that took her breath away.
(d) One that made her lips feel swollen.
11. What fictional character does Dave compare Elsie to
(a) Annabel Guernsey.
(b) Betty Grabel.
(c) Annie Oakley.
(d) Calamity Jane.
12. What does Elsie call Kate when she finds out that she's not "mooning" over David?
13. How did Kate break her leg?
(a) She tripped over a sewer grate.
(b) She tripped over a curb.
(c) She lunged for a catch and missed.
(d) She tackled a garbage can.
14. What started the chaos in the music hall?
(a) The conductor escorted Kate off the stage.
(b) Kate tripped on a music stand.
(c) Kate goosed the first clarinetist with her bow.
(d) Kate stepped on the bass players toe.
15. What was Dave doing?
(a) Making her dinner.
(b) Playing with a toy train.
(c) Setting up for a romantic evening.
(d) Having dinner with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport is Dave convinced to play with Kate?
2. What kind of food did Kate want with her bingo winnings?
3. What move does Elsie make to help Kate?
4. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
5. What time did the carpenters and roofers leave?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)