|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Howie suggest that Dave not do?
(a) Not ask too many questions.
(b) Go next door for any reason.
(c) Light a match across the street.
(d) Watch the house too intently.
2. How did Kate look to Dave?
(a) Like an anorexic.
(b) Like a wraith.
(c) Like an apparition.
3. What was a sign of mental instability?
(a) Always being late.
(b) Talking to yourself.
(c) Drumming your fingers on your steering wheel.
(d) Talking to yourself while stuck in traffic.
4. What fictional character does Dave compare Elsie to
(a) Annabel Guernsey.
(b) Betty Grabel.
(c) Annie Oakley.
(d) Calamity Jane.
5. What did Kate not have time for that she regretted?
(a) No time for herself.
(b) No Dave time.
(c) No time for a relationship.
(d) No time to discuss what had occurred between them.
6. Where did David invite her parents?
(a) To a false address.
(b) To Kate's house.
(c) To his house.
(d) To a restaurant.
7. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
(a) One that made her lips feel swollen.
(b) All of these.
(c) One with violent intensity.
(d) One that took her breath away.
8. How did Kate break her leg?
(a) She lunged for a catch and missed.
(b) She tripped over a sewer grate.
(c) She tackled a garbage can.
(d) She tripped over a curb.
9. What would she have done if she would have had more time?
(a) Burst into tears.
(b) Screamed at him.
(c) Broken his train.
(d) Told him she never wanted to see him again,
10. What kind of food did Kate want with her bingo winnings?
11. What was one of David's favorite toys?
(c) Etch a Sketch.
(d) A pogo stick.
12. What did Kate's father say he would do if she married Dave?
(a) Disown her.
(b) Put her up for adoption.
(c) He'd never speak to her again.
(d) Claim he never had a daughter.
13. What did David do that Kate was unimpressed about?
(a) Invited her mother over for dinner.
(b) Answered her phone.
(c) Was in her home while she was gone.
(d) Dismissed the carpenters for the day.
14. What move does Elsie make to help Kate?
(a) She tells David she will take care of Kate.
(b) She asks if she is still invited to dinner.
(c) She promises to take care of her house.
(d) She offers Kate crutches.
15. What did Dave think Kate thought about him?
(a) He was a thirty-one-year-old child.
(b) He was unscrupulous.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) He lacked ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate late for this time?
2. What does Elsie use to mash potatoes?
3. What color and kind of car were the people making sure they got on camera?
4. Who's tape was it?
5. How much money did Kate win?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)