|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elsie talk Kate into doing?
(a) Going to play bingo.
(b) Going shopping.
(c) Going to the cafe.
(d) Going swimming.
2. What was Kate's job in the kitchen?
(a) Slicing carrots.
(b) Peeling potatoes.
(c) Peeling carrots.
(d) Steaming broccoli.
3. What had Kate written in the dust on her bureau?
(a) Kate+David 4 ever.
(b) Katherine Dodd.
(d) I want to marry David!
4. What excuse did Dave invent for the tally marks on Kate's cast?
(a) Days that have passed since Kate hurt herself.
(b) Toe exercises.
(c) Movies they watched.
(d) Games she won.
5. What couldn't she get within three feet of without getting a rush?
(a) His house.
(c) A gearshift.
(d) The spot in the kitchen where he had kissed her.
6. Why couldn't Howie get the window open upstairs?
(a) Dave had propped it shut out of their reach.
(b) Police are never much for niceties.
(c) Dave had screwed it shut.
(d) Dave had painted over the latch,
7. Why didn't Kate have any power?
(a) Beaman accidentally cut through the lines.
(b) David was planning a surprise for her.
(c) She had forgotten to pay her bill.
(d) Howie had it cut off.
8. How did Kate look to Dave?
(a) Like a wraith.
(b) Like an anorexic.
(c) Like an apparition.
9. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
(a) David had told her "break a leg" yesterday before her performance.
(b) She predicted this would happen the day before.
(c) David had yelled for her to be careful.
(d) She always knew sports would end up in broken bones.
10. What time did the carpenters and roofers leave?
11. What drink does Kate offer Dave?
12. What does Elsie call Kate when she finds out that she's not "mooning" over David?
13. What made Kate feel less vulnerable?
(a) That she had decided to move.
(b) That she was back in her own home.
(c) The fact that the roof was all but fixed.
(d) That she was David's girlfriend.
14. What was Dave doing?
(a) Having dinner with another woman.
(b) Setting up for a romantic evening.
(c) Making her dinner.
(d) Playing with a toy train.
15. What vehicle did they drive to the bingo hall?
(a) David's Aston Martin.
(b) David's Corvette.
(c) David's Porsche.
(d) Kate's compact sedan.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time was Kate most lonely?
2. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
3. How many pounds did the doctor tell Howie to lose?
4. What did Howie suggest that Dave not do?
5. What did Kate wish her yogurt were?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)