|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kate look to Dave?
(a) Like an apparition.
(b) Like an anorexic.
(d) Like a wraith.
2. What did Kate not have time for that she regretted?
(a) No time for herself.
(b) No time for a relationship.
(c) No time to discuss what had occurred between them.
(d) No Dave time.
3. Who did Kate blame for her distraction?
(d) The birds.
4. What was Elsie's hankie?
(a) A silk affair with lace.
(b) Her gun.
(c) A large knife.
(d) A cotton square with embroidery.
5. At what time was Kate most lonely?
(a) Before she had met David.
(b) When she was living alone.
(c) When she was getting her divorce.
(d) Living with Anatole.
6. What does Kate think about footballs?
(a) They're not shaped to fit her hand.
(b) They should be prettier colors.
(c) They're ugly.
(d) All of these.
7. What was one of David's favorite toys?
(b) Etch a Sketch.
(d) A pogo stick.
8. What sport is Dave convinced to play with Kate?
(c) Water Polo.
9. What was a poor choice of words for Howie?
(a) He would kill the possessor of the tape.
(b) He was hurting for information.
(c) He would kill for breakfast.
(d) He would kill for a cup of coffee.
10. What did Howie suggest that Dave not do?
(a) Watch the house too intently.
(b) Not ask too many questions.
(c) Light a match across the street.
(d) Go next door for any reason.
11. What kind of food did Kate want with her bingo winnings?
12. What was the main body of dinner that David served Kate?
13. What is Kate late for this time?
(a) Her exercise class.
(b) Her rehearsal.
(c) Her practicing.
(d) He students.
14. What was a sign of mental instability?
(a) Talking to yourself while stuck in traffic.
(b) Always being late.
(c) Drumming your fingers on your steering wheel.
(d) Talking to yourself.
15. What did Slik return with wrapped in a jacket?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A tripod.
(d) A baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tally marks did they make on Kate's cast?
2. What excuse did Dave invent for the tally marks on Kate's cast?
3. How did Kate break her leg?
4. What made Kate feel less vulnerable?
5. How many hours after Kate had gotten up did Dave?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)