|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time was Kate most lonely?
(a) Living with Anatole.
(b) Before she had met David.
(c) When she was getting her divorce.
(d) When she was living alone.
2. What color and kind of car were the people making sure they got on camera?
(a) A blue minivan.
(b) A grey coupe.
(c) A blue sedan.
(d) A red Porsche.
3. Where did Dave sit?
(a) With the gearshift in his lap.
(b) In the drivers seat.
(c) In the passenger's seat.
(d) In the back.
4. What did Dave think Kate thought about him?
(a) He was unscrupulous.
(b) He was a thirty-one-year-old child.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) He lacked ambition.
5. What time did the carpenters and roofers leave?
6. What did Kate's mother call David?
(b) Sexy pants.
(c) Cutie pie.
(d) No good bum.
7. What does Kate think about footballs?
(a) They should be prettier colors.
(b) They're not shaped to fit her hand.
(c) They're ugly.
(d) All of these.
8. What made Kate feel less vulnerable?
(a) That she was David's girlfriend.
(b) The fact that the roof was all but fixed.
(c) That she had decided to move.
(d) That she was back in her own home.
9. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
(a) All of these.
(b) One that took her breath away.
(c) One with violent intensity.
(d) One that made her lips feel swollen.
10. Why couldn't Howie get the window open upstairs?
(a) Dave had propped it shut out of their reach.
(b) Dave had painted over the latch,
(c) Dave had screwed it shut.
(d) Police are never much for niceties.
11. Who did Kate blame for her distraction?
(c) The birds.
12. What did Kate miss?
(b) David's warm arms.
(c) The noise and activity.
(d) David's train noises.
13. Who is Howie actually?
(a) An undercover cop.
(d) A spook.
14. What does Elsie use to mash potatoes?
(a) An electric mixer.
(b) A masher.
(c) A fork.
(d) A hand mixer.
15. What did David do that Kate was unimpressed about?
(a) Answered her phone.
(b) Dismissed the carpenters for the day.
(c) Invited her mother over for dinner.
(d) Was in her home while she was gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What couldn't she get within three feet of without getting a rush?
2. What move does Elsie make to help Kate?
3. What were Elsie and Grace drinking?
4. What would play have been equated with in the Finn household?
5. How did Kate look to Dave?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)