|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What move does Elsie make to help Kate?
(a) She offers Kate crutches.
(b) She promises to take care of her house.
(c) She tells David she will take care of Kate.
(d) She asks if she is still invited to dinner.
2. What did Kate's mother accidentally butter instead of her roll?
(a) Her blouse.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her thumb.
3. How long was the vacation Kate was given?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
4. What did David do that Kate was unimpressed about?
(a) Dismissed the carpenters for the day.
(b) Was in her home while she was gone.
(c) Invited her mother over for dinner.
(d) Answered her phone.
5. How many pounds did the doctor tell Howie to lose?
6. How much money did Kate win?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twelve dollars.
(c) Fifteen dollars.
(d) Thirty dollars.
7. What drink does Kate offer Dave?
8. What did Kate not have time for that she regretted?
(a) No time for a relationship.
(b) No time to discuss what had occurred between them.
(c) No Dave time.
(d) No time for herself.
9. What vehicle did they drive to the bingo hall?
(a) David's Aston Martin.
(b) Kate's compact sedan.
(c) David's Porsche.
(d) David's Corvette.
10. What was Dave doing?
(a) Setting up for a romantic evening.
(b) Having dinner with another woman.
(c) Playing with a toy train.
(d) Making her dinner.
11. How many tally marks did they make on Kate's cast?
12. What distracted Kate out the window?
(a) Mrs, Pearson hanging decorations.
(b) A piece of paper fluttering down the street.
(c) A couple walking down the street.
(d) A small bird.
13. What was Kate's job in the kitchen?
(a) Peeling carrots.
(b) Peeling potatoes.
(c) Slicing carrots.
(d) Steaming broccoli.
14. What is the worst thing of all about having her mother over for dinner?
(a) She'll bring Kate's father.
(b) She'll expect real food.
(c) She'll leave with a migraine and never let Kate forget it.
(d) She'll expect furniture.
15. What was a sign of mental instability?
(a) Talking to yourself while stuck in traffic.
(b) Drumming your fingers on your steering wheel.
(c) Talking to yourself.
(d) Always being late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a poor choice of words for Howie?
2. What started the chaos in the music hall?
3. What time did Kate arrive home?
4. What did Kate wish her yogurt were?
5. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)