|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David do that Kate was unimpressed about?
(a) Answered her phone.
(b) Invited her mother over for dinner.
(c) Dismissed the carpenters for the day.
(d) Was in her home while she was gone.
2. At what time was Kate most lonely?
(a) Living with Anatole.
(b) Before she had met David.
(c) When she was living alone.
(d) When she was getting her divorce.
3. How did Kate break her leg?
(a) She tripped over a sewer grate.
(b) She tackled a garbage can.
(c) She lunged for a catch and missed.
(d) She tripped over a curb.
4. What did Howie suggest that Dave not do?
(a) Light a match across the street.
(b) Go next door for any reason.
(c) Not ask too many questions.
(d) Watch the house too intently.
5. How long was the vacation Kate was given?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
6. What was Dave doing?
(a) Having dinner with another woman.
(b) Playing with a toy train.
(c) Setting up for a romantic evening.
(d) Making her dinner.
7. What made Kate feel less vulnerable?
(a) The fact that the roof was all but fixed.
(b) That she was David's girlfriend.
(c) That she had decided to move.
(d) That she was back in her own home.
8. What is the worst thing of all about having her mother over for dinner?
(a) She'll expect real food.
(b) She'll bring Kate's father.
(c) She'll expect furniture.
(d) She'll leave with a migraine and never let Kate forget it.
9. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
(a) One with violent intensity.
(b) All of these.
(c) One that took her breath away.
(d) One that made her lips feel swollen.
10. What fictional character does Dave compare Elsie to
(a) Betty Grabel.
(b) Annie Oakley.
(c) Annabel Guernsey.
(d) Calamity Jane.
11. What did Kate miss?
(b) The noise and activity.
(c) David's train noises.
(d) David's warm arms.
12. How did Kate look to Dave?
(a) Like an apparition.
(b) Like an anorexic.
(d) Like a wraith.
13. What movie does David put in the DVD player?
(a) Raiders of the Lost Ark.
(b) Fifth Element.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
14. What kind of festival did Kate and Dave have on Thursday?
(a) An Uncle Scrooge festival.
(b) A Miserly festival.
(c) A sexy festival.
(d) A Music festival.
15. What did Kate come down with?
(a) Bingo fever.
(b) The plague.
(c) Small pox.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Kate win?
2. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
3. What time does Kate have her students?
4. What had Kate written in the dust on her bureau?
5. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)