|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of David's favorite toys?
(a) Etch a Sketch.
(d) A pogo stick.
2. Why didn't Kate have any power?
(a) Beaman accidentally cut through the lines.
(b) She had forgotten to pay her bill.
(c) Howie had it cut off.
(d) David was planning a surprise for her.
3. How did Kate look to Dave?
(a) Like an anorexic.
(c) Like an apparition.
(d) Like a wraith.
4. What did David do that Kate was unimpressed about?
(a) Invited her mother over for dinner.
(b) Dismissed the carpenters for the day.
(c) Was in her home while she was gone.
(d) Answered her phone.
5. What is Dave happy to hear her admit?
(a) They were engaged.
(b) She wanted to marry him.
(c) They were going to get married.
(d) They were affianced.
6. What did Kate's father say he would do if she married Dave?
(a) He'd never speak to her again.
(b) Put her up for adoption.
(c) Claim he never had a daughter.
(d) Disown her.
7. What kind of kiss did David give Kate before she left?
(a) One that took her breath away.
(b) All of these.
(c) One that made her lips feel swollen.
(d) One with violent intensity.
8. What was Elsie's hankie?
(a) A large knife.
(b) Her gun.
(c) A silk affair with lace.
(d) A cotton square with embroidery.
9. How had Howie's weight changed?
(a) He'd lost two pounds.
(b) He'd gained three pounds.
(c) He'd gained four pounds.
(d) He'd gained five pounds.
10. What color was Kate's mothers' shirt?
(a) Light yellow.
(d) Light green.
11. What was a poor choice of words for Howie?
(a) He would kill for a cup of coffee.
(b) He would kill for breakfast.
(c) He was hurting for information.
(d) He would kill the possessor of the tape.
12. What does Kate think about footballs?
(a) They should be prettier colors.
(b) They're not shaped to fit her hand.
(c) They're ugly.
(d) All of these.
13. What sport is Dave convinced to play with Kate?
(c) Water Polo.
14. How many tally marks did they make on Kate's cast?
15. What did Kate come down with?
(a) Small pox.
(b) The plague.
(c) Bingo fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elsie call Kate when she finds out that she's not "mooning" over David?
2. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
3. What was Dave going to do for Kate tomorrow?
4. What did Kate wish her yogurt were?
5. Why couldn't Howie get the window open upstairs?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)