|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kate break her leg?
(a) She tripped over a sewer grate.
(b) She lunged for a catch and missed.
(c) She tackled a garbage can.
(d) She tripped over a curb.
2. What did Slik return with wrapped in a jacket?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A tripod.
(d) A telescope.
3. Where did David invite her parents?
(a) To his house.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) To Kate's house.
(d) To a false address.
4. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
(b) George or Georgina.
(c) Allison or Alex.
5. What were Elsie and Grace drinking?
(a) Sauvignon Blanc.
6. How had Howie's weight changed?
(a) He'd lost two pounds.
(b) He'd gained five pounds.
(c) He'd gained four pounds.
(d) He'd gained three pounds.
7. What did Kate miss?
(a) The noise and activity.
(b) David's warm arms.
(d) David's train noises.
8. What drink does Kate offer Dave?
9. What was one of David's favorite toys?
(b) Etch a Sketch.
(c) A pogo stick.
10. What was going to be played at the evenings rehearsal?
(a) Mozart Requiem
(b) Beethoven's Sixth Symphony
(c) Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake Waltz
(d) Beethoven's Fur Elise
11. What started the chaos in the music hall?
(a) Kate goosed the first clarinetist with her bow.
(b) The conductor escorted Kate off the stage.
(c) Kate stepped on the bass players toe.
(d) Kate tripped on a music stand.
12. What distracted Kate out the window?
(a) Mrs, Pearson hanging decorations.
(b) A small bird.
(c) A couple walking down the street.
(d) A piece of paper fluttering down the street.
13. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
(a) Playing choo choo.
(b) Buying more comic books.
(c) Out having a lot of fun.
(d) Out with another girl.
14. At what time was Kate most lonely?
(a) When she was living alone.
(b) When she was getting her divorce.
(c) Living with Anatole.
(d) Before she had met David.
15. Who did Kate blame for her distraction?
(a) The birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie does David put in the DVD player?
2. What time does Kate have her students?
3. What sport is Dave convinced to play with Kate?
4. How many hours after Kate had gotten up did Dave?
5. Where did Dave sit?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)