|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse did Dave invent for the tally marks on Kate's cast?
(a) Movies they watched.
(b) Days that have passed since Kate hurt herself.
(c) Games she won.
(d) Toe exercises.
2. What was Elsie's hankie?
(a) A large knife.
(b) A silk affair with lace.
(c) A cotton square with embroidery.
(d) Her gun.
3. Who is Howie actually?
(b) A spook.
(c) An undercover cop.
4. What did Kate's mother accidentally butter instead of her roll?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her thumb.
(d) Her blouse.
5. How many hours after Kate had gotten up did Dave?
(a) Two and a half.
(b) Three and a half.
6. What did Kate say Dave probably was doing?
(a) Out having a lot of fun.
(b) Buying more comic books.
(c) Out with another girl.
(d) Playing choo choo.
7. What movie does David put in the DVD player?
(a) Fifth Element.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) Raiders of the Lost Ark.
8. What color and kind of car were the people making sure they got on camera?
(a) A blue minivan.
(b) A blue sedan.
(c) A grey coupe.
(d) A red Porsche.
9. What did he think they might name their firstborn?
(b) Allison or Alex.
(d) George or Georgina.
10. What would play have been equated with in the Finn household?
(c) The mark of an underachiever.
(d) Goofing off.
11. What did Howie suggest that Dave not do?
(a) Watch the house too intently.
(b) Light a match across the street.
(c) Not ask too many questions.
(d) Go next door for any reason.
12. What did Kate wish her yogurt were?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) A burger with fries.
(c) A hot fudge sundae.
(d) A banana split.
13. What is the worst thing of all about having her mother over for dinner?
(a) She'll bring Kate's father.
(b) She'll expect real food.
(c) She'll expect furniture.
(d) She'll leave with a migraine and never let Kate forget it.
14. What is Kate late for this time?
(a) Her exercise class.
(b) He students.
(c) Her practicing.
(d) Her rehearsal.
15. What did David do that Kate was unimpressed about?
(a) Answered her phone.
(b) Dismissed the carpenters for the day.
(c) Was in her home while she was gone.
(d) Invited her mother over for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did David invite her parents?
2. What made Kate feel less vulnerable?
3. What kind of festival did Kate and Dave have on Thursday?
4. What is ironic about Kate breaking her leg?
5. How long was the vacation Kate was given?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)