Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What did the "birthday cake" house look like?
2. Describe Kate's personality.
3. How did David justify that Kate wasn't exactly a domestic type?
4. What about the hole made Kate fearful?
5. Explain how David's character is revealed?
6. How did Kate view the collapse of her marriage?
7. Why did Emily Pearson and Mrs. Butler drive Kate crazy?
8. What is the difference that Kate has noticed in David's body from up close?
This section contains 661 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)