• Novel opens with detailed descriptions of the homes on A Street in Washington, D.C.
• Most homes appear largely similar except for one Victorian style home in the middle of the block that is like a cake among bran muffins
• Kate Finn, the main character, resides in a plain town home next to the cake house of David Dodd
• Kate hears a crash in her home, and thinking its an explosion, heads to the basement to find everything intact
• Enter David Dodd
• David comes next door, and they both reflect on what little they know about each other in the three months they have been neighbors
• David explains that it is something that fell through her roof, and explains that it is a piece that fell from a helicopter
• Kate fears that the accident is just yet another mishap of the week, as it has been a...
This section contains 4,605 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)