• Novel opens with detailed descriptions of the homes on A Street in Washington, D.C.
• Most homes appear largely similar except for one Victorian style home in the middle of the block that is like a cake among bran muffins
• Kate Finn, the main character, resides in a plain town home next to the cake house of David Dodd
• Kate hears a crash in her home, and thinking its an explosion, heads to the basement to find everything intact
• Enter David Dodd
• David comes next door, and they both reflect on what little they know about each other in the three months they have been neighbors
• David explains that it is something that fell through her roof, and explains that it is a piece that fell from a helicopter
• Kate fears that the accident is just yet another mishap of the week, as it has been...
This section contains 4,370 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)