|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cozcatl?
(a) One of the women Lady Jadestone Doll killed.
(b) There is no character named Cozcatl.
(c) Mixtli's faithful servant.
(d) One of the men Lady Jadestone Doll killed.
2. Who is Tepetzalan?
(a) Both Mixtli and Chimali's father.
(b) None of these answers are correct.
(c) Chimali's father.
(d) Mixtli's father.
3. What do Chimali and Tiatli specifically want to be when they grow up?
(b) Limestone sculptors.
4. Who comes up to see Lady Jadestone Doll when Pactli is expected?
(b) The cacao-colored man.
(c) The Bishop.
5. What amazing powers does the crystal have that Mixtli brings back to Ahuitzotl?
(a) It can start fires and act like a magnifying glass.
(b) It glows blue when enemies are near and sometimes makes a hissing sound.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) It shows the future and is nearly invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Slave Ten die?
2. How does Ahuitzotl plan to celebrate Mixtli's return with the crystal?
3. What kind of trial is held after Lady Jadestone Doll's crimes are discovered?
4. Who is Pactli?
5. What is the ruler's zoo made up of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Maya purposefully deform their faces?
2. How does Mixtli's sister seduce him?
3. What does Mixtli do to the tapestry, made by his rival Chimali, when he sees it in a foreign ruler's court?
4. What happens to Cozcatl when Mixtli is at the human zoo?
5. How old is Mixtli when he sees his first human sacrifice?
6. After the Bishop writes down Mixtli's tale of going to the court of Texcoco, what commentary does he add?
7. What happens to Mixtli's boatmen while he is searching for the purple dye?
8. What does Blood Glutton encourage the young Mixtli to do?
9. Why is Mixtli's home area called the five lakes region?
10. According to Blood Glutton, how can Mixtli still achieve a flowery death if he cannot be victorious in battle?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)