|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pactli wish to marry?
(a) No one.
(c) Red Heron.
2. What does Mixtli learn to kill game with during his first journey as a tradesman?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(c) A spear.
(d) A gun.
3. How long does Mixtli travel for during his first journey as a tradesman?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Seventeen weeks.
4. Who are sacrificed at the end of the hollow days?
(a) Two slave children.
(b) Two goats.
(c) No one.
(d) Mixtli's favorite servants.
5. Who is Blood Gutton?
(a) Mixtli's teacher.
(b) Mixtli's uncle.
(c) Mixtli's father.
(d) Mixtli's boss at the quarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a holy number in Mixtli's society?
2. Why does Pactli wear Lady Jadestone Doll's ring?
3. Why does Mixtli enjoy feeling an earthquake for the first time?
4. What is distinct about the man who stops Mixtli on his naming day and asks to read his fortune?
5. During his first trip as a tradesman, what does Mixtli learn about the great cities the Maya had built?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mixtli react when he sees the "tapir woman" in the ruler's human zoo?
2. What does Mixtli do to the tapestry, made by his rival Chimali, when he sees it in a foreign ruler's court?
3. What happens to Mixtli's boatmen while he is searching for the purple dye?
4. What happens to Cozcatl when Mixtli is at the human zoo?
5. What does Blood Glutton encourage the young Mixtli to do?
6. What kind act does Mixtli do for Flame Flower?
7. Why does Mixtli plot to get Tlatli and Chimáli into trouble?
8. Why does Chimali hide his hair?
9. What kinds of costumes do children wear to celebrate the end of the hollow days?
10. Who is the cacao-colored man who often wanders the streets?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)