|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a holy number in Mixtli's society?
(b) Anything ending in 2.
2. After the battle, what is Mixtli asked to do by Reverend Speaker?
(a) Neither of these answers is correct.
(b) Produce maps.
(c) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) Make an in-depth report.
3. On what job is Mitxtli working when his sister seduces him?
(a) A guard.
(b) A miner.
(c) A politician.
(d) An artist.
4. What amazing powers does the crystal have that Mixtli brings back to Ahuitzotl?
(a) It can start fires and act like a magnifying glass.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) It shows the future and is nearly invisible.
(d) It glows blue when enemies are near and sometimes makes a hissing sound.
5. At what pivotal moment does Cozcatl rejoin Mixtli?
(a) Right before he is going to kill himself.
(b) Right before he is going to be killed for his crimes.
(c) During a battle.
(d) During his trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teotihuacan mean?
2. What is unique about Chimali's hair?
3. Why does Mixtli draw a picture of Pactli for Lady Jadestone Doll?
4. Who is Lady Jadestone Doll?
5. Who is Pactli?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mixtli have sex with the female slave that all of the young men from his hometown hire?
2. Who is Armed Scorpio?
3. What kind act does Mixtli do for Flame Flower?
4. Who is the cacao-colored man who often wanders the streets?
5. What is the legend that surrounds the Tolecs?
6. What prediction does a stranger, who is sitting on a bench, make about Mixtli's future shortly after his renaming ceremony?
7. Why is Mixtli's home area called the five lakes region?
8. Why does Chimali hide his hair?
9. How are the men sacrificed in the ceremony Mixtli observes on his naming day?
10. What does Blood Glutton encourage the young Mixtli to do?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)