|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a holy number in Mixtli's society?
(a) Anything ending in 2.
2. What does Mixtli learn about the Mexican people in his first history class?
(a) That they were nomads.
(b) That he has incorrect ideas about their history.
(c) That they adopted the civilization of their new neighbors in the Lake region.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
3. Where does Mixtli return to after his first journey as a tradesman?
(c) His hometown.
4. How does Ahuitzotl plan to celebrate Mixtli's return with the crystal?
(a) By praying to the gods in silence.
(b) By having a large party.
(c) By throwing him in a dungeon.
(d) By fasting out of gratitude.
5. How does Gie Bele die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She falls off a cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is thought to be behind Gie Bele's death?
2. What overwhelms Mixtli about the boat that takes him to Texcoco ?
3. Why do the young men of Mixtli's hometown find a female slave?
4. What do Chimali and Tiatli specifically want to be when they grow up?
5. Who is Blood Gutton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tlatli and Chimali decline Mixtli's request regarding his sister?
2. Who tells Mixtli the truth about what has happened to his sister?
3. Why do the Maya purposefully deform their faces?
4. Who is Armed Scorpio?
5. Who is the cacao-colored man who often wanders the streets?
6. In the opening of the book, what does Mixtli's sister, Tzitzilini, get punished for?
7. What is the legend that surrounds the Tolecs?
8. What does Blood Glutton encourage the young Mixtli to do?
9. What happens to Cozcatl when Mixtli is at the human zoo?
10. After the Bishop writes down Mixtli's tale of going to the court of Texcoco, what commentary does he add?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)