|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Spanish soldiers admire about the city of Tenochtitlan?
(a) The paved streets.
(b) The indoor plumbing and toilets.
(c) The amazing architecture that seems to float on air.
(d) The beautiful murals.
2. What gives Mixtli the advantage in his duel?
(a) His far-seeing looking glass.
(b) He gets there early.
(c) He uses sorcery.
(d) He has a gun he got from the conquerors.
3. Who wants to marry Mixtli's slave, Ticklish?
4. How does Mixtli gauge if the tribes he meets are kin?
(a) If they speak Nahuatl.
(b) If they know the secret handhake.
(c) If they know the proper way to greet a stranger.
(d) If he has heard of them before.
5. How is the tribute collector punished for his deeds?
(a) He is offered as a human sacrifice.
(b) He is tortured to death.
(c) He is burned at the stake.
(d) He is drowned.
6. What athletic activity do the Raramuri engage in?
(a) Long-distance running.
(b) Pole vaulting.
(d) Sword fighting.
7. What religion are the Spaniards trying to spread?
8. What "weapon" of Cortes's terrifies the native warriors?
(b) Horses and staghounds.
9. Where do Mixtli and Zyanya go in their mission to steal a piece of precious hard metal?
(c) Mexico City.
(d) The Grand Pyramid.
10. What is happening to Mixtli's wife's health as the Spanish continue to invade?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It is declining.
(c) It is somehow becoming better.
(d) This is a trick question; her health is never mentioned.
11. What horrifies the Spanish soldiers about the city of Tenochtitlan?
(a) The complete lack of clothing.
(b) The temples for human sacrifice.
(c) The massive waste of food.
(d) The sewage in the streets.
12. What disease do several women who have slept with the Spaniards catch?
(a) Small pox.
13. What kind of town is "Where the Water Gushes"?
14. With Motecuzoma's permission, where does Cortes take up residence?
(a) The great pyramid.
(b) The royal palace.
(c) A new palace made out of gold that he builds for himself.
(d) A new place made out of gold that he makes slaves build.
15. When do the Texcalans fight against Cortes?
(b) Both day and night.
(c) None of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zyanya die?
2. Who is Nochipa?
3. What does Nezahualpili warn about starting wars with other groups during a conference that Mixtil attends?
4. Who gives Mixtli a house?
5. How does Mixtli react to Zyanya's request to go to the ceremony of Xipe Totec?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)