|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Ahuitzotl that another aqueduct might flood the city?
2. Why does Motexuzoma refuse to believe that he will soon be invaded?
(a) Because he simply knows it's not true.
(b) Because he is a spy for the Spaniards.
(c) Because he is on drugs.
(d) Because he thinks the Spaniards are gods.
3. Whom does Mixtli send to exact revenge on his enemy in the duel?
(a) The Cloud People.
(b) Beu Ribe.
4. What village does Mixtli find after he has been adrift at sea?
5. What do the Spanish soldiers admire about the city of Tenochtitlan?
(a) The beautiful murals.
(b) The amazing architecture that seems to float on air.
(c) The paved streets.
(d) The indoor plumbing and toilets.
6. Who crashes Mixtli's wedding?
(c) Blood Glutton.
(d) Master Tuxtem.
7. How does Mixtli react to the request Ticklish makes of him after he returns from the Raramuri?
(a) He grants her wish but tells her husband.
(b) He grants her wish but swears her to secrecy.
(c) He refuses to grant her wish and tells her husband, too.
(d) He refuses to grant her wish.
8. What gift does Mixtli give Cocoton when he tells her that her mother is gone forever?
(a) A new puppy.
(b) A turquoise necklace.
(c) Gold earrings.
(d) Her very own quartz crystal.
9. Why does Motecuzoma become ruler?
(a) Because he kills the previous king.
(b) Because he marries the princess.
(c) Because Ahuitzotl dies.
(d) Because the previous king kills himself.
10. With what tribe does the man in the loincloth, fishing for frogs, claim to be?
11. Who is made the regent while Ahuitzotl is in his stupor?
(a) No one.
(b) His wife.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His son.
12. What is happening to Mixtli's wife's health as the Spanish continue to invade?
(a) It is somehow becoming better.
(b) It stays the same.
(c) It is declining.
(d) This is a trick question; her health is never mentioned.
13. What horrifies the Spanish soldiers about the city of Tenochtitlan?
(a) The complete lack of clothing.
(b) The temples for human sacrifice.
(c) The sewage in the streets.
(d) The massive waste of food.
14. What are the Spaniards interested i nbringing back to their ruler?
15. What does Cuitahuatzin plan to use as cover for his rebellion?
(a) An offering of gold to Cortes.
(b) A minor festival.
(d) The cacao-colored man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many new ships are in the Spanish fleet that arrives?
2. What "weapon" of Cortes's terrifies the native warriors?
3. What request does Ticklish make of Mixtli when he returns from the Raramuri?
4. What astrological event marks the New Fire ceremony?
5. Who takes care of Mixtli's house when he goes an another journey after the flood?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)