|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many new ships are in the Spanish fleet that arrives?
2. Who is Siriame?
(a) Mixtli's second wife.
(b) A woman who was also lost at sea.
(c) Mixtli's second daughter.
(d) The leader of the Raramuri.
3. What gift does Mixtli give Cocoton when he tells her that her mother is gone forever?
(a) Gold earrings.
(b) Her very own quartz crystal.
(c) A new puppy.
(d) A turquoise necklace.
4. What region do the Spaniards say they are exploring?
(a) Anywhere they land.
(b) Just Mixtli's hometown.
(c) All of Central and South America.
(d) The Eastern Ocean.
5. With Motecuzoma's permission, where does Cortes take up residence?
(a) The royal palace.
(b) A new palace made out of gold that he builds for himself.
(c) A new place made out of gold that he makes slaves build.
(d) The great pyramid.
6. How long does it take to build the aqueduct?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) A lifetime.
7. What deity comes to Mixtli in a vision?
(a) Night Wind.
(b) Morning Dawn.
(c) Midnight Storm.
(d) Evening Sun.
8. Why is Mixtli concerned that Ticklish may not be happy in her new marriage?
(a) Because her future husband has no penis.
(b) Because she will be sent away from her friends and family.
(c) Because she is unable to bear children.
(d) Because her future husband is cruel and mean.
9. What does Mixtli do to the cranky young man in a loincloth he finds fishing for frogs?
(a) Kidnaps him and sells him into slavery.
(b) Pushes him into the water.
(c) Offers him one of his prized quartz crystals.
(d) Kills him.
10. What are the Spaniards interested i nbringing back to their ruler?
11. What physical aspect of the Raramuri fascinates Mixtli?
(a) Their long eyebrows.
(b) Their pubic hair.
(c) Their long eyelashes.
(d) The fact that women shave their heads.
12. Who is Cayaulxauqui?
(a) The moon goddess.
(b) The fire goddess.
(c) The wind goddess.
(d) The sun goddess.
13. What disease do several women who have slept with the Spaniards catch?
(c) Small pox.
14. What is noticeable about the shipwrecked Spanish soldiers?
(a) They are quite smelly.
(b) They have strange scarring.
(c) They have been tortured.
(d) They do not speak.
15. What horrifies the Spanish soldiers about the city of Tenochtitlan?
(a) The temples for human sacrifice.
(b) The sewage in the streets.
(c) The complete lack of clothing.
(d) The massive waste of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ticklish after she gives birth?
2. Who has been working on Mixtli's fossil bones?
3. After he slaughters the villagers for killing his daughter, with whom does Mixtli march back to Tenochtitlan with?
4. What does Mixtli try to do to the woman he finds sitting but dead near an Otomi town?
5. Who is Nochipa?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)