|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mixtli send to exact revenge on his enemy in the duel?
(a) Beu Ribe.
(d) The Cloud People.
2. What happens to Beu Ribe that causes Mixtli to start to plan revenge?
(a) Someone burns her house down.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She is kidnapped and taken far, far away.
3. What religion are the Spaniards trying to spread?
4. What does Nezahualpili warn about starting wars with other groups during a conference that Mixtil attends?
(a) There should be no wars with other nations.
(b) None of these answers are correct.
(c) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) The nations should prepare for an outlander invasion.
5. Who takes care of Mixtli's house when he goes an another journey after the flood?
(a) Cozcatl and Ticklish.
(b) Ahuitzotl's servants.
6. What does Cuitahuatzin plan to use as cover for his rebellion?
(a) An offering of gold to Cortes.
(b) A minor festival.
(d) The cacao-colored man.
7. What dead person comes to Mixtli in a vision?
(b) His daughter.
(c) The cacao-colored man.
(d) His father.
8. What revenge does Mixtli exact on his enemy in the duel?
(a) The person's hands are cut off.
(b) The person is simply killed.
(c) The person is chosen for human sacrifice.
(d) The person's eyes and tongue are cut out.
9. What gives Mixtli the advantage in his duel?
(a) He gets there early.
(b) He uses sorcery.
(c) He has a gun he got from the conquerors.
(d) His far-seeing looking glass.
10. How does Zyanya die?
(a) Her sister kills her.
(b) Mixtli loses his temper and strangles her.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She drowns.
11. Where does Mixtli follow the lava flow to?
(a) The sea.
(b) The volcano itself.
(c) A secret underground cave.
(d) An iceberg.
12. What kind of sense does Mixtli get from talking to the shipwrecked Spaniards?
13. How does Mixtli gauge if the tribes he meets are kin?
(a) If he has heard of them before.
(b) If they know the secret handhake.
(c) If they know the proper way to greet a stranger.
(d) If they speak Nahuatl.
14. What "weapon" of Cortes's terrifies the native warriors?
(b) Horses and staghounds.
15. Who has doubts about the quality of the soldiers the farmers will make in the army Mixtli must put together?
(a) Angry at Everyone.
(b) Blood Glutton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spanish soldiers admire about the city of Tenochtitlan?
2. Who crashes Mixtli's wedding?
3. When Malintzin comes to talk to Mixtli about a truce, what state is he in?
4. What animal does Mixtli roast on the shore once he is no longer adrift at sea?
5. With Motecuzoma's permission, where does Cortes take up residence?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)