|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part X, P. 723 to P. 796.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mixtli do to the cranky young man in a loincloth he finds fishing for frogs?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Offers him one of his prized quartz crystals.
(c) Kidnaps him and sells him into slavery.
(d) Pushes him into the water.
2. What does Teotihuacan mean?
(a) City of Danger.
(b) Holy City.
(c) The Place Where the Gods Gathered.
(d) Palace of the Clouds.
3. What does Mixtli try to do to the woman he finds sitting but dead near an Otomi town?
(a) Bury her.
(b) Find out her name.
(c) Have sex with her.
(d) Find her clothes.
4. How does Mixtli gauge if the tribes he meets are kin?
(a) If he has heard of them before.
(b) If they speak Nahuatl.
(c) If they know the secret handhake.
(d) If they know the proper way to greet a stranger.
5. Who are sacrificed at the end of the hollow days?
(a) No one.
(b) Two goats.
(c) Mixtli's favorite servants.
(d) Two slave children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of town is "Where the Water Gushes"?
2. What body fluid does on Otomi townspeople drink because they think it is magical?
3. Whom does Mixtli send to exact revenge on his enemy in the duel?
4. Why is Tzitzi summoned by priests?
5. What do Mixtli and his men dress like as they go in search of the purple dye?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)