|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alone with Edna, what does Alcee show her?
(a) His private collection of paintings
(b) Scars on his back from beatings during his childhood
(c) A scar from a saber cut he got at age 19
(d) His journals
2. What does Mrs. Pontellier overhear Madame Ratignolle relate to Monsieur Farival in great detail?
(a) Her intimate moments with her husband
(b) Her interest in writing a novel
(c) One of her accouchements, or, childbirths
(d) How to cook a chicken Creole style
3. Mrs. Pontellier talks about:
(a) Her father's Mississippi plantation, Kentucky, and her sister's engagement
(b) Her children
(c) Her husband's business, their house on Esplanade Street
(d) The weather
4. Where does Robert take Edna to recover?
(a) Mademoiselle Reisz's
(b) Madame Ratignolle
(c) Madame Antoine's
(d) Madame LeBrun's
5. Where does Edna go with her sketches?
(a) A flea market
(b) Madame Ratignolle's house
(c) Madame Lebrun's house
(d) The local artist's market
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the embodiment of every womanly grace and charm?
2. What effect has Alcee had on Edna?
3. How does Mr. Pontellier view his home?
4. What were some of the reasons Edna decided to marry Leonce Pontellier?
5. How soon will Robert depart?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)