Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna feel a pang of jealousy toward Madame Lebrun?
(a) She is a better painter than Edna.
(b) She is richer than Edna.
(c) Robert wrote to his mother but not to Edna.
(d) She is more beautiful than Edna.
2. Once Mr. Pontellier is asleep, Mrs. Pontellier leaves the room and:
(a) Devises a scheme to move out
(b) Writes letters to her father
(c) Reads a book
(d) Cries almost uncontrollably
3. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
(a) No particular reasons
(b) He cannot afford pipes.
(c) He thinks it makes him look good.
(d) He cannot afford cigars.
4. What does Mademoiselle Reisz say to Edna after her performance?
(a) She should have chosen a different tune.
(b) She would have preferred playing the violin.
(c) Edna is the only one worth playing for.
(d) It is the last time she will perform for anyone.
5. Where does Robert suggest he and Edna go the next day?
(a) The Grand Canyon
(b) Grande Terre
(c) The Cayman Islands
(d) Grande Cheniere
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Pontellier checks in on his sons, he thinks that Raoul has:
2. Over whom did Victor and Robert once fight?
3. Edna thinks her husband's bad humor is because of:
4. Does Mrs. Pontellier feel comfortable in the company of Creoles?
5. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)