Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert jokingly say happened to Mrs. Pontellier when she was in the ocean?
(a) He never jokes.
(b) She looked like a shark.
(c) A spirit rose from the Gulf and found her.
(d) No one watched her because they knew she was a good swimmer.
2. Why is Robert at Grande Isle?
(a) He is in search of a job.
(b) He likes to spend time with old women.
(c) He spends every summer vacation there with his mother.
(d) He had heard of it through a friend, thought he should see it.
3. What folly has Mrs. Pontellier committed, according to her husband?
(a) She has taken swimming lessons .
(b) She is under a white sunshade when a black one would be better.
(c) She has bought an ugly swimsuit.
(d) She has bathed at a bad time.
4. When talking to both Adele and Edna, Robert is jovial and jokes often. Is he this way when alone with Edna?
(a) It depends on whether her husband is in the room.
(b) Yes, he is.
(c) No, he is not.
(d) The author gives few clues as to how he behaves when alone with Edna.
5. What does Edna do that surprises everyone?
(a) She forces Leonce to swim with her.
(b) She runs up and down the beach like a madwoman.
(c) She jumps into the ocean and swims by herself.
(d) She takes surfing lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert smoke cigarettes?
2. What do Robert and Edna do before Mr. Pontellier returns to the cottage?
3. What does Madame Ratignolle beg Robert to do?
4. How does Mrs. Pontellier react when her husband comes home from Klein's?
5. What starts to change in Edna this summer at Grande Isle?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)