|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rand's symbol of the ultimate destruction of socialism?
2. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
3. Why does the siege represent a "Concerto of Deliverance"?
4. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
Essay Topic 1
In a few pages, define the manufacture of Rearden Metal and why Taggart, Boye, and Mouch were so afraid of it.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the character of Phillip Rearden. How is he unlike his brother Hank?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Dagny as a true feminist, years ahead of her time.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)