|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dagny to return to Taggart Transcontinental?
2. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
3. What literary device does Rand use to show the end of Eddie's dream of one day marrying Dagny.
4. What happens to a radio broadcast planned for the Head of State?
5. What does Hank find when he returns to Rearden Metal plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between John Galt and Dr. Stadler.
2. How does Rand now make it plain that Eddie Willer's cafeteria friend has been using him to spy on Dagny?
3. As the world economy crumbles, describe the condition of Hank's family.
4. Describe the first meeting between Hank Rearden and Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
5. As the Cuffy Meigs of the world gain control and the country is rapidly deteriorating, how does James Taggart view his personal situation?
6. Eddie Willers is left alone with the last train broken down in the desert. How does Rand portray the result of the communist rule?
7. What happens when Washington politician Kip Chalmers insists that the stalled Comet go on through a dangerous tunnel because he has a speaking appointment in San Francisco.
8. What dramatic change takes place in the character of Cherryl Taggart? Explain.
9. Francisco shows up to deliver Hank when an angry mod attacks his Rearden Metal plant. Why is this a turning point for Hank Rearden?
10. Describe the revelation Dagny gets from the vagrant worker she invited to dinner on the train.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a short essay explain how Francisco goes about portraying himself as a worthless playboy. Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short paper about what Francisco left behind in Mexico. Why did he pay top dollar for inferior materials?
Essay Topic 3
Write about Ellis Wyatt the first time he meets Dagny. Describe him as a businessman.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)