Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rand's symbol of the ultimate destruction of socialism?
2. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
3. Why does the siege represent a "Concerto of Deliverance"?
4. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
Write an essay about influence peddling. Refer to Cuffy Meigs sending train cars to Louisiana to pick up worthless soy beans while the grain crops in Minesota rot for lack of trasportation.
Do you think we see some influence peddling in our government today?
Do an indepth character study of Ragnar Danneskjtzld the pirate who hates violence but does so much destruction in the novel. Is there some significance to his coloring? What is his only religious tenet that he holds to?
The novel opens with New York's buildings being dingy and gray; toward the middle, even the elevators cannot go past the 25th floor; in the end, New York simply disappears. Write an essay explaining the symbolism of New York in the novel.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)