|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
2. What happens to a radio broadcast planned for the Head of State?
3. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
4. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
5. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the fact that Dagny refuses to take money from John Galt unless she works for it.
2. After they capture John Galt, explain why his life is not in immediate danger.
3. Summarize the message John Galt gives to the people when he takes control of the radio frequency.
4. Explain the significance of the $ sign on the cigarettes.
5. Discuss Francisco's parting message to the world before he, too, disappears.
6. Francisco shows up to deliver Hank when an angry mod attacks his Rearden Metal plant. Why is this a turning point for Hank Rearden?
7. Describe the first meeting between Hank Rearden and Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
8. Describe the meeting between John Galt and Dr. Stadler.
9. When does Dagny finally take the oath of the followers of John Galt?
10. How does Dr. Ferris get Hank Rearden to sign over Rearden Metal to the government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Nathaniel Taggart, the founder of the Taggart Transcontinental.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on Project X and compare it to WMDs today.
Essay Topic 3
Pretend you are a book reviewer for your local paper. Write a short review of ATLAS SHRUGGED saying why you would or would not recommend it.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)