|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Cherryl changed from the dime store clerk James married?
2. How does Dagny locate John Galt?
3. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
4. How do the police finally locate John Galt?
5. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her return, Dagny is invited to speak on national radio. Describe her appearance on the show.
2. Describe how differently Dagny and Cherryl work to get out of an unacceptable situation.
3. Dagny sees the wheels of her railroad cars as being symbolic of something she and Hank continue to fight for. Explain.
4. How does Rand now make it plain that Eddie Willer's cafeteria friend has been using him to spy on Dagny?
5. As the world economy crumbles, describe the condition of Hank's family.
6. Describe the invitation John Galt gives before he leaves the air.
7. Discuss the events as Stadler finds them at Project X.
8. What happens when Washington politician Kip Chalmers insists that the stalled Comet go on through a dangerous tunnel because he has a speaking appointment in San Francisco.
9. What happens in the valley that indicates that Dagny is not yet ready to drop out and join everyone there?
10. As the Cuffy Meigs of the world gain control and the country is rapidly deteriorating, how does James Taggart view his personal situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on Project X and compare it to WMDs today.
Essay Topic 2
In a short essay explain how Francisco goes about portraying himself as a worthless playboy. Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short paper about what Francisco left behind in Mexico. Why did he pay top dollar for inferior materials?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)