|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
2. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
3. Why does the siege represent a "Concerto of Deliverance"?
4. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
Essay Topic 1
Pretend you are a book reviewer for your local paper. Write a short review of ATLAS SHRUGGED saying why you would or would not recommend it.
Essay Topic 2
In the mid 1950ds when ATLAS SHRUGGED was first published, things like refractor rays, light weight steel alloys, and sonic destroyers were fantastic. Write a few pages about how Rand's imagination may be nearer to the truth today.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Dagny as a true feminist, years ahead of her time.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)