|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
(a) He compares her now to the time she waited outside Dannager's office.
(b) He compares Dagny to the Unification Board.
(c) He says everyone must travel the same road to Atlantis.
(d) He suggests that the faceless men will take over.
2. After Hank Rearden disappears, what special favor is granted Dagny by the citizens of "Atlantis"?
(a) They give her another invitation to join them.
(b) They allow her to tell everyone where Hank has gone.
(c) They tell her where she can find John Galt.
(d) They allow her to receive a message from Hank.
3. When the east bound Comet stalls in the desert, how are the passengers taken away?
(a) On foot.
(b) On a horse drawn wagon.
(c) On a produce truck.
(d) On buses.
4. What does Hank Rearden finally do with his family?
(a) He divorces Lillian and cuts the family off from any financial support from him.
(b) He threatens to kill them all if they don't leave him alone.
(c) He gives Phillip a job and leaves Rearden Metal.
(d) He makes a settlement with them that will keep them in style for life.
5. What promise does Dagny make before she returns to the outside world?
(a) She will destroy the railroad before she returns.
(b) She will not reveal anything about it or try to find it again.
(c) She will bring back Hank when she returns.
(d) She will return within one month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dagny discover is working for her as a common laborer?
2. What does Dagny's insistence on working as housemaid for John Galt say about her.
3. What does the Head of State Thompson want from Galt?
4. How does John Galt mock the government men when the power goes out at the State Science Institute while he is still strapped to Project F?
5. Who is playing the piano at John Galt's house?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)