|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctrine Galt says is used to keep otherwise rational people in line?
(b) Might makes right
2. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(b) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
(c) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
(d) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
3. After Rearden is knocked unconscious and comes to, who does he discover were helping to fight off the siege?
(a) Frank Adams and Francisco d'Anconia
(b) John Galt and Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(c) Jim Taggart and Wesley Mouch
(d) Phillip Rearden and Orren boyle
4. What conflict does Rand set up within the character of Dagny Taggart?
(a) To stay in the valley or return to find satisfaction in work that saves the railroad.
(b) Her fear that Hank will not follow her there.
(c) Her discomfort at being where Francisco is.
(d) Her belief that she is actually living in a dream.
5. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(b) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
(c) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
(d) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to all the South American d'Anconia Copper Mines immediately after they are nationalized by the various governments?
2. As they were flying away with John Galt, why did Galt tell Dagny not to look down?
3. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
4. Who is playing the piano at John Galt's house?
5. What revelation does Eddie Willers get when he hears the radio broadcast?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)