|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That Francisco was her first lover.
(b) That she could no longer see him.
(c) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
(d) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
2. What does Hank find when he returns to Rearden Metal plant?
(a) It is in a stage of siege.
(b) The Wet Nurse is there waiting for him.
(c) Phillip is there trying to run the company.
(d) All is quite.
3. What happens to all the South American d'Anconia Copper Mines immediately after they are nationalized by the various governments?
(a) The are blown up and the top management disappears.
(b) The price of copper jumps to an all time high.
(c) The US government realizes it will now have to pay more for copper.
(d) The mines all prove to be worthless and used up.
4. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
(b) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
(c) She buys a plane and flies there.
(d) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
5. When the east bound Comet stalls in the desert, how are the passengers taken away?
(a) On a horse drawn wagon.
(b) On foot.
(c) On buses.
(d) On a produce truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand make a strong argument against incompetence?
2. How does Dagny deal with the failure of communications on the Taggart Transcontinental when copper wire breaks and cannot be quickly replaced?
3. How is the secret of their location kept from the outside world?
4. How does John Galt mock the government men when the power goes out at the State Science Institute while he is still strapped to Project F?
5. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Francisco's parting message to the world before he, too, disappears.
2. How does Rand now make it plain that Eddie Willer's cafeteria friend has been using him to spy on Dagny?
3. Discuss the events as Stadler finds them at Project X.
4. When does Dagny finally take the oath of the followers of John Galt?
5. Describe the revelation Dagny gets from the vagrant worker she invited to dinner on the train.
6. How does Dr. Ferris get Hank Rearden to sign over Rearden Metal to the government?
7. Dagny sees the wheels of her railroad cars as being symbolic of something she and Hank continue to fight for. Explain.
8. After her plane crash, Dagny wakes up in the valley that Rand compares to Atlantis, a lost continent. What does she then realize?
9. Describe the invitation John Galt gives before he leaves the air.
10. Describe Dagny's reaction when Danagger says to her, "Well, done, Dagny."
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)