|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rand's symbol of the ultimate destruction of socialism?
(a) The failure of John Galt to escape.
(b) The decision to use Project F on John Galt to get him to cooperate.
(c) Dagny giving in to all demands in order to save John Galt.
(d) The devastating destruction of Project X and areas of four states around it.
2. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
(a) The plane cannot be repaired
(b) $200.00 in gold
(c) $10,000.00 in US dollars
(d) Nothing, they do everything there for free
3. Why does the siege represent a "Concerto of Deliverance"?
(a) It suggest the theme of delivering Rearden Steel to the workers.
(b) After this, Rearden will regain control of his business.
(c) It marks Hanks deliverance from Lillian and Phillip.
(d) It marks the final movement when Francisco can tell everyting to Hank Rearden.
4. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) That she could no longer see him.
(c) That Francisco was her first lover.
(d) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The noise of a rock concert.
(b) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(c) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
(d) The atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the secret of their location kept from the outside world?
2. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
3. Why does Lillian come to see James Taggart?
4. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
5. Why are there only half enough freight cars to ship the Minnesota wheat crop to the East coast?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)