|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Unification Board is now in complete control and more regulations are passed. What is the result?
(a) People now have more money to spend.
(b) Production on everything increases.
(c) The government refuses to nationalize businesses to save jobs.
(d) More businesses and executives disapear.
2. How does Dagny deal with the failure of communications on the Taggart Transcontinental when copper wire breaks and cannot be quickly replaced?
(a) She goes to James to find out what to do.
(b) She stops all trains until the lines can be repaired.
(c) She reverts to manual switching and lantern signals.
(d) She turns the problem over to Cuffy Meigs.
3. When Kellogg gives Dagny a cigarette marked with the $ sign, why does he give her an entire pack of the cigarettes?
(a) Because she thinks they are very pretty.
(b) Because she forgot her cigarettes in New York.
(c) Because she doesn't ask him anything about the cigarettes.
(d) Because he says she's earned it.
4. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
(a) He thinks Francisco is the destroyer.
(b) He is afraid that Francisco will discover their affair.
(c) He slaps Francisco.
(d) He is happy because he loves both of them.
5. What becomes of James Taggart?
(a) He has a chage of heart and rushes to release Galt.
(b) He gets sick and runs out of the room.
(c) He is reduced to base hate and eventually collapses and dies.
(d) He realizes that he has been wrong all of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Galt mock the government men when the power goes out at the State Science Institute while he is still strapped to Project F?
2. How does Galt remove suspicion from Dagny at his capture?
3. What crisis brings Rearden before the Unification Board?
4. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
5. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
Short Essay Questions
1. Francisco shows up to deliver Hank when an angry mod attacks his Rearden Metal plant. Why is this a turning point for Hank Rearden?
2. Discuss the events as Stadler finds them at Project X.
3. Describe the revelation Dagny gets from the vagrant worker she invited to dinner on the train.
4. What dramatic change takes place in the character of Cherryl Taggart? Explain.
5. Describe the invitation John Galt gives before he leaves the air.
6. Describe some of the regulations under Directive 10-289.
7. When does Dagny finally take the oath of the followers of John Galt?
8. Discuss the implication of Project X as it relates to the communist society that builds it.
9. What happens when Washington politician Kip Chalmers insists that the stalled Comet go on through a dangerous tunnel because he has a speaking appointment in San Francisco.
10. Discuss the fact that Dagny refuses to take money from John Galt unless she works for it.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)