|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Dagny during the time that John Galt was recaptured and taken away?
(a) She gets a gun and goes looking for Eddie Willers.
(b) She offers to tell everything she knows in exchange for John's life.
(c) She decides to join the others at Atlantis.
(d) She jumps to her death out of her apartment window.
2. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) He is Quentin Daniel's father.
(b) He once owned the company.
(c) He was the young engineer building the revolutionary motor.
(d) He once owned that factory.
3. Why does Cherryl go to visit Dagny?
(a) To borrow money so she can leave James.
(b) To apologize for what she said on her wedding day.
(c) To ask if she can stay there for the night.
(d) To accuse her of destroying James.
4. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(b) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
(c) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(d) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
5. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
(b) She buys a plane and flies there.
(c) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
(d) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a radio broadcast planned for the Head of State?
2. Who comes to visit the dejected Dagny at her cabin near Woodstock?
3. Why does Lillian come to see James Taggart?
4. What is the symbolism of the gold $ sign on the cigarettes?
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of the $ sign on the cigarettes.
2. Describe the revelation Dagny gets from the vagrant worker she invited to dinner on the train.
3. Dagny sees the wheels of her railroad cars as being symbolic of something she and Hank continue to fight for. Explain.
4. After they capture John Galt, explain why his life is not in immediate danger.
5. How does Dr. Ferris get Hank Rearden to sign over Rearden Metal to the government?
6. Discuss the events as Stadler finds them at Project X.
7. Describe how differently Dagny and Cherryl work to get out of an unacceptable situation.
8. Francisco shows up to deliver Hank when an angry mod attacks his Rearden Metal plant. Why is this a turning point for Hank Rearden?
9. Summarize the message John Galt gives to the people when he takes control of the radio frequency.
10. When does Dagny finally take the oath of the followers of John Galt?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)