|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Galt remove suspicion from Dagny at his capture?
(a) He pushes her out the back door before he lets the police in.
(b) He calls her a government stooge.
(c) He pulls a gun on her and tells the police she is his hostage.
(d) He knocks her unconscious.
2. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
(b) Robin Hood
3. What does the Head of State Thompson want from Galt?
(a) He wants Galt to give the government his radio technology.
(b) He wants Galt to leave thecountry and never return.
(c) He wants Galt to tell him how to fix the economy.
(d) He wants Galt to be his Vice-President.
4. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
(a) She can return only if Hank decides to come with her.
(b) James Taggart will have to be eliminated.
(c) John Galt, her last key before the door closes forever.
(d) She will have to crash her plane again.
5. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
(a) She says that Lillian was having an affair with Wesley Mouch.
(b) She tells how government blackmail over her affair with Hank caused him to sign over Rearden Metal.
(c) She says that Business Unification was responsible for blowing up Wyatt oil fields.
(d) She says that Hank's signature on the gift of Rearden Metal was forged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
2. Dagny wants to build a narrow gauge railroad in the valley and then changes her mind. Why?
3. What is the irony of Dr. Robert Stadler's death?
4. What does James Taggart say that indicates he realizes the seriousness of the situation with the Unification Board?
5. How does Dr. Ferris get Hank Rearden to sign over Rearden Metal to the government?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the world economy crumbles, describe the condition of Hank's family.
2. After her plane crash, Dagny wakes up in the valley that Rand compares to Atlantis, a lost continent. What does she then realize?
3. When Francisco comes to visit Dagny in the cabin near Woodstock, what idea does she have about the disappearance of so many business people?
4. Discuss the fact that Dagny refuses to take money from John Galt unless she works for it.
5. Describe the first meeting between Hank Rearden and Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
6. What happens in the valley that indicates that Dagny is not yet ready to drop out and join everyone there?
7. When does Dagny finally take the oath of the followers of John Galt?
8. Francisco shows up to deliver Hank when an angry mod attacks his Rearden Metal plant. Why is this a turning point for Hank Rearden?
9. As they take their leave, the city of New York disappears as they fly over. Explain the significance of that.
10. As the Cuffy Meigs of the world gain control and the country is rapidly deteriorating, how does James Taggart view his personal situation?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)