|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) A bar of gold
(b) His calling card
(c) Another gun for Hank to carry
(d) The number to a bank account
2. What is the music heard in the valley as the industrial "strikers" arrive?
(a) Halley's Fifth Piano Concerto
(b) Beethoven's Ode to Joy
(c) Look for the Silver Lining
(d) Tomorrow Is Another Day
3. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
(a) He compares Dagny to the Unification Board.
(b) He says everyone must travel the same road to Atlantis.
(c) He compares her now to the time she waited outside Dannager's office.
(d) He suggests that the faceless men will take over.
4. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
(a) Eddie comes right out and asks him.
(b) He never has to ask.
(c) He admits it to Eddie but swears him to secrecy.
(d) The cigarette butts with the $ sign in the ashtray.
5. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
(a) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is James Taggart in disguise.
(b) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is his new bodyguard.
(c) He pretends to shoot Danneskjtzld who plays dead.
(d) He pulls a gun on the police and chases them off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flies over the valley looking for Dagny but cannot see the community below?
2. What revelation does Eddie Willers get when he hears the radio broadcast?
3. What conflict does Rand set up within the character of Dagny Taggart?
4. After Hank Rearden disappears, what special favor is granted Dagny by the citizens of "Atlantis"?
5. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dagny's reaction when Danagger says to her, "Well, done, Dagny."
2. What happens in the valley that indicates that Dagny is not yet ready to drop out and join everyone there?
3. Summarize the message John Galt gives to the people when he takes control of the radio frequency.
4. Describe the first meeting between Hank Rearden and Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
5. How does Rand now make it plain that Eddie Willer's cafeteria friend has been using him to spy on Dagny?
6. When Francisco comes to visit Dagny in the cabin near Woodstock, what idea does she have about the disappearance of so many business people?
7. What happens when Washington politician Kip Chalmers insists that the stalled Comet go on through a dangerous tunnel because he has a speaking appointment in San Francisco.
8. Discuss the events as Stadler finds them at Project X.
9. What kind of assurance does Francisco try to give Dagny when he visits her in her apartment?
10. As they take their leave, the city of New York disappears as they fly over. Explain the significance of that.
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)