|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the novel, what is Eddie Willers left with?
(a) He has lost everyting including his hope of marrying Dagny.
(b) He is now the President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(c) He has only Dagny's gold cigarette case.
(d) He is left with the responsibility to chronicle everything that has happened.
2. How has Cherryl changed from the dime store clerk James married?
(a) She is no longer innocent but plays the part of a shop girl to fool society.
(b) She has even less of an idea about things than she did when they married.
(c) she has learned how to get more and more money out of James.
(d) Now she has risen in poise and social stature.
3. Who comes to visit the dejected Dagny at her cabin near Woodstock?
4. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
(a) In Dagny's cabin.
(b) On his walk at night.
(c) At his apartment in the city.
(d) In the ruins of Rearden Metal.
5. What does Hank Rearden finally do with his family?
(a) He makes a settlement with them that will keep them in style for life.
(b) He threatens to kill them all if they don't leave him alone.
(c) He gives Phillip a job and leaves Rearden Metal.
(d) He divorces Lillian and cuts the family off from any financial support from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dagny now realize that the government had used her, Rearden, and other industrialists?
2. What is the doctrine Galt says is used to keep otherwise rational people in line?
3. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
4. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
5. What does Dagny's insistence on working as housemaid for John Galt say about her.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the revelation Dagny gets from the vagrant worker she invited to dinner on the train.
2. Discuss Francisco's parting message to the world before he, too, disappears.
3. What happens when Washington politician Kip Chalmers insists that the stalled Comet go on through a dangerous tunnel because he has a speaking appointment in San Francisco.
4. Discuss the implication of Project X as it relates to the communist society that builds it.
5. What kind of assurance does Francisco try to give Dagny when he visits her in her apartment?
6. Describe Dagny's reaction when Danagger says to her, "Well, done, Dagny."
7. After they capture John Galt, explain why his life is not in immediate danger.
8. As the world economy crumbles, describe the condition of Hank's family.
9. Describe the invitation John Galt gives before he leaves the air.
10. After her return, Dagny is invited to speak on national radio. Describe her appearance on the show.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)