|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 "The Generator".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Quentin Daniels is hired to reconstruct the revolutionary motor. What is Quentin's greatest desire.
(a) To prove the the motor will not work.
(b) To create a motor from his own concept.
(c) To improve the motor.
(d) To meet the man who conceived of the idea of the motor.
2. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(b) He holds an engineering degree.
(c) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(d) He is Hank's brother.
3. Dr. Stadler talks about having known John Galt who he believes is dead. What is his recollection of Galt?
(a) Galt was the brains behind the revolutionary motor.
(b) Galt was an early leader of the communist movement.
(c) Galt was an insurrectionist and trouble maker.
(d) Galt had the most brilliant mind he had ever encountered.
4. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) His calling card
(b) Another gun for Hank to carry
(c) The number to a bank account
(d) A bar of gold
5. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) He is Quentin Daniel's father.
(b) He once owned the company.
(c) He once owned that factory.
(d) He was the young engineer building the revolutionary motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crisis brings Rearden before the Unification Board?
2. What does Dagny's insistence on working as housemaid for John Galt say about her.
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
4. How does Rand indicate that Wesley Mouch, Rearden's Washington lobbyist, may not be working in Rearden's interest?
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)