Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4 "Anti-Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(b) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
(c) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
(d) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
2. What strange exchange occurs between Dagny and Lillian at he party?
(a) They exchange drinks bacuse Dagny doesn't drink alcohol.
(b) They exchange phone numbers so they can meet in New York.
(c) They exchange the names of their dress designers.
(d) They exchange bracelets, the Rearden Metal bracelet for Dagny's diamond bracelet.
3. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Books on building aircraft.
(b) The formula for Rearden metal.
(c) The address of the chief engineer.
(d) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
4. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
(a) Lillian's social connections are destroyed.
(b) Rearden will have to comply with the government rules.
(c) In effect, he has won against the government.
(d) Other industrialists will go out of business.
5. How does James Taggart retain his position as President of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) He pays exhorbitant bribes.
(b) He joins the influence peddlers from Washington.
(c) His marriage to Cherryl which shows he is for the people.
(d) His firing of Dagny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will it cost Dagny to repair her airplane?
2. How does Dagny now realize that the government had used her, Rearden, and other industrialists?
3. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
5. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)