Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 10 "The Sign of the Dollar".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(b) Assistant Editor of
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
2. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says she already knows.
(b) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(c) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(d) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
3. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Dwight Sanders
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Henry Rearden
4. Why is James Taggart marrying Cherryl Brooks, the dime store clerk?
(a) To show that he helps the underpriviliged
(b) To make an honest woman out of her because he got her pregnant
(c) To prove that communism will not work
(d) To find real happiness
5. What does Rand mean by the title, "White Blackmail"?
(a) Little white lies to get around the laws.
(b) A way of getting people to obey the laws and cooperate with the government.
(c) A way of manipulating people by passing aws and regulations that the influence peddlers want broken.
(d) Not really blackmail at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Dagny to return to Taggart Transcontinental?
2. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
3. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
5. At the party, James Taggart demands that Francisco explain why the San Sebastian mines are worthless. What is Francisco's ironic reply?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)