|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5 "The Climax of the D'Anconias".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
(a) That Rearden Steel will one day belong to them.
(b) That Rearden represents the blackest element of social retrogression in the country.
(c) That Rearden Steel will be its largest contributor.
(d) That it is an indignificant business that will likely fail.
2. What is "the chain"?
(a) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(b) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(c) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(d) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
3. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
(a) The close link he has to his mother.
(b) The demands made on him by an ungrateful family.
(c) All his accomplishments after years of hard work.
(d) The only thing that will ever come of Rearden metal.
4. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
5. What is the image Francisco d'Anconia has in the public eye?
(a) He is the diamond king.
(b) He is a worthless playboy.
(c) He is a noted philanthropist.
(d) He is planning to run for President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
3. What decision does Dagny make when she is nine years old?
4. Who is the childhood friend of Jim and Dagny who now works for them?
5. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)