Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(b) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(c) He is Hank's brother.
(d) He holds an engineering degree.
2. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(b) To find Francisco and marry him.
(c) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(d) To try and localte John Galt.
3. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
4. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
(c) Robin Hood
5. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
(b) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(c) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(d) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
2. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
3. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
4. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
5. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)