One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(b) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
(c) Project X has to be put on hold.
(d) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
2. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(b) Assistant Editor of
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) We are.
(b) Who cares?
(c) An advertising gimmick.
(d) I'll never tell.
4. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
(b) Francisco sent him a telegram.
(c) John Galt came and told him.
(d) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
5. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(b) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(c) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(d) John Galt invented fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
2. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
4. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
5. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)