|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator first make a reader believe about Fitz and Regal in Chapter 40?
2. Why do Fitz and Nighteyes leave the Stone Garden?
3. What happens to the Fool when he touches Verity's silver hands?
4. Who tells Fitz that Starling is jealous?
5. To whom does Regal vow his loyalty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Fool follow Fitz, what does he ask and then what happens? What is Fitz's response?
2. To where does the Skill road take the group in Chapter 33 and what do they find there?
3. In Chapter 29, what did the narrator say about something Kettle taught Fitz to give him protection from Skill?
4. What does Fitz reflect upon and what do he and Nighteyes do? How does Fitz feel about all that has happened?
5. What does Verity and Kettle finish and how does Verity feel about it? How does the entire group feel?
6. What is different about Regal and what does he do when he arrives where Verity and Kettricken are?
7. How and why is Regal killed?
8. What does Fitz do while Kettle and Verity sleep and what does Verity decide?
9. What did Kettricken tell Fitz about Starling in Chapter 29?
10. What does Verity ask Fitz to do and what was the end result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the common elements of fantasy is the presence of some sort of magic. Discuss the following:
1. What sort of cultural problems do you think the United States would have if it were suddenly discovered that one percent of its population possessed magical abilities similar to the Wit or the Skill?
3. Would you want to part of the one percent of the population that possesses magical abilities? Why or why not?
4. Do you think most people would use their magical abilities for good or evil? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The narrator explains the magic of Wit, that bonds a human with an animal. The bond is only between a specific animal and a specific human, and they have become brothers or pack members.
1. Discuss the advantages a person might have if she/he had the magic of Wit. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What types of immoral uses might an unscrupulous person use of the magic the Wit? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. If the Wit was a magic that existed in the United States in the twenty-first century, what types of laws and regulations do you think would arise surrounding its use?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Assassin's Quest.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Assassin's Quest.
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Assassin's Quest.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)