|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Fitz news?
2. Who was supposed to train Verity in the Skill?
3. Who becomes the dragon that makes it a living creature?
4. Where does Fool follow Fitz?
5. How are Fitz and Nighteyes as companions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Regal and what does he do when he arrives where Verity and Kettricken are?
2. What happened when Fitz was overcome by Regal in the Skill?
3. What shape is Verity in and what is he doing? What is the group's response to him?
4. What does Fitz do through Will in Chapter 40?
5. Who comes to visit Fitz often and what does she bring him?
6. Where does Fool follow Fitz, what does he ask and then what happens? What is Fitz's response?
7. In Chapter 34 what does the narrator say about Verity and the Skill and what he had tried to do about the Red Ships?
8. What did Kettricken tell Fitz about Starling in Chapter 29?
9. What does Verity and Kettle finish and how does Verity feel about it? How does the entire group feel?
10. To where does the Skill road take the group in Chapter 33 and what do they find there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Assassin's Quest and indeed in many fantasy novels, there are usually at least several individuals or more who have an almost fanatical devotion to a king or queen or royalty.
1. Do you believe such devotion is a sign that a person lacks character? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Discuss the harmful and beneficial effects of devotion to one's leader. Use examples to support your answer.
3. Do you think in modern America such dedication to the President of the United States would be very unusual? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Assassin's Quest it appears that most of the true heroics is done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more and more active, heroic and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Queen Kettricken.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Kettle.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Starling.
Essay Topic 3
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in Assassin's Quest, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in Assassin's Quest and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard, he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)