|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposed to train Verity in the Skill?
2. What event pushed Verity to try to find help with the Skill?
3. What is Dimity Keep?
4. What was Regal doing when he dies?
5. Why is the band overcome with a sense of dread?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fitz hear as he and Nighteyes are gathering supplies from the dead army?
2. To where does the Skill road take the group in Chapter 33 and what do they find there?
3. What happens with Queen Kettricken after Verity saves the kingdom, with the Fool and with Chade?
4. In Chapter 34 what does the narrator say about Verity and the Skill and what he had tried to do about the Red Ships?
5. What does Verity ask Fitz to do and what was the end result?
6. How and why is Regal killed?
7. What does Kettle tell Fitz, what does she ask Verity and what ends up happening about her request?
8. Who comes to visit Fitz often and what does she bring him?
9. What is different about Regal and what does he do when he arrives where Verity and Kettricken are?
10. Where does Fool follow Fitz, what does he ask and then what happens? What is Fitz's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Assassin's Quest.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Assassin's Quest.
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Assassin's Quest.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 34, the title refers to an unfinished sculpture at the mouth of the quarry, where a woman was ready to pour her heart into the stone dragon to make it come alive but cannot bear to give up her own shape as well. She was not willing to sacrifice her beautiful body for the greater good.
1. Discuss the emotional trauma the girl on the dragon must have felt as she went only half-way with her project. How might her situation be similar to one where someone is too afraid of dying to pull a victim from a burning car?
2. When considering that one loses not only their own body but their entire life as they know it to enliven a stone dragon, do you think the girl was weak-willed not to finish her job? Why or why not?
3. Considering that the girl on the dragon still lost all that was her life, even though she went only half-way and was not used for the greater good, can you see that she gained anything by her half-way effort? Do you think this illustrates any truth about general endeavors in life?
Essay Topic 3
Fitz and Starling begin talking and mending their friendship, but then Starling tries to get him to make love to her. Fitz cannot, because of his love for Molly, and Starling is once again angry with him.
1. Discuss the issues that cloud a friendship between two people who are attracted to the gender of the other person, e.g. a straight male with a straight female, a gay male with a gay male or a lesbian traveling with a lesbian.
2. How would the issues from question one become more difficult when traveling in a small group which is constantly in danger? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Do you think Fitz and Starling's problems with getting along is also an issue in the modern day military? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)