|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kettle?
2. Who does Fitz try to reach who used to be his lover?
3. What happens when Fitz touches a marker beside the road?
4. What is the first Duchy that falls to the Red Ships?
5. About whom does the Fool ask Fitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Fitz see in a cage and why are they there?
2. What does the narrator explain in Chapter 6 about minstrels?
3. What does Fitz explain to Chade about Verity and what does Chade ask him to do? What is Fitz's response?
4. In Chapter 25, what does the group realize about Fitz and what do they do about it?
5. How does Fitz get captured while he is traveling with a caravan and how does he escape?
6. According to the narrator, what is the geography and industry of Buck Duchy?
7. Who has Nighteyes adopted into his and Fitz's pack? What does he do because of that?
8. What happened to Fitz that has caused him to have a difficult time remembering his past? How does he feel about his past?
9. How did Fitz get wounded in the mountains, what kind of wound was it and who does he find to help him and where?
10. What are Forged Ones, their character and what attracts them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Politics and manipulation influence much of what happens in Assassin's Quest, including some of Fitz's choices in response to others attempting to manipulate him. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe the political situation in Assassin's Quest and how it impacts the actions of three of the major characters.
2. Discuss and analyze several people who try to manipulate Fitz and his responses to them.
3. Although Fitz is considered inferior because he is a bastard, he seems to be as deep into the political situation as any of the legitimately born nobles. Discuss why you think this is so.
Essay Topic 2
In Assassin's Quest and indeed in many fantasy novels, there are usually at least several individuals or more who have an almost fanatical devotion to a king or queen or royalty.
1. Do you believe such devotion is a sign that a person lacks character? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Discuss the harmful and beneficial effects of devotion to one's leader. Use examples to support your answer.
3. Do you think in modern America such dedication to the President of the United States would be very unusual? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
One of the common elements of fantasy is the presence of some sort of magic. Discuss the following:
1. What sort of cultural problems do you think the United States would have if it were suddenly discovered that one percent of its population possessed magical abilities similar to the Wit or the Skill?
3. Would you want to part of the one percent of the population that possesses magical abilities? Why or why not?
4. Do you think most people would use their magical abilities for good or evil? Explain.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)