|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fitz taken?
2. What does Lord Bright do about the Red Ship threat?
3. What does Fitz realize about his life?
4. What does Verity force Fitz to do when he is roaming away from his body?
5. What is part of the reason Fitz is having a difficult time sleeping in the barn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fitz get wounded in the mountains, what kind of wound was it and who does he find to help him and where?
2. Why does Fitz decide to go into a town, what does he do to prepare, who does he meet and what do they ask him?
3. What did the narrator say about the Mountain Kingdom in Chapter 23?
4. What does Fitz decide he must do after he becomes human again, and how does he feel about Burrich and Chade? What does he think about Queen Kettricken and not saving her?
5. How is Fitz feeling as he walks to Tradeford and what does he find out there about Regal's residence?
6. Who has Nighteyes adopted into his and Fitz's pack? What does he do because of that?
7. In Chapter 25, what does the group realize about Fitz and what do they do about it?
8. What does Fitz feel he is half of and how is Burrich dealing with Fitz's feelings?
9. What is Fitz's task in the caravan across the mountains, who joins him and how is he able to join him?
10. Who came to see Fitz while he was recovering and what did they want Fitz's daughter to do? What was Fitz's reaction to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The narrator explains the magic of Wit, that bonds a human with an animal. The bond is only between a specific animal and a specific human, and they have become brothers or pack members.
1. Discuss the advantages a person might have if she/he had the magic of Wit. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What types of immoral uses might an unscrupulous person use of the magic the Wit? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. If the Wit was a magic that existed in the United States in the twenty-first century, what types of laws and regulations do you think would arise surrounding its use?
Essay Topic 2
In Assassin's Quest it appears that most of the true heroics is done by men. This type of stereotyping is changing and women are being given more and more active, heroic and physical roles in fantasy novels.
1. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Queen Kettricken.
2. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Kettle.
3. Discuss in detail, with examples, the various heroic qualities that are seen in Starling.
Essay Topic 3
Verity is angry but saves Fitz, and Fitz realizes it has cost Verity dearly to make this effort on his behalf. Fitz is dedicated to Verity, and knowing of his daughter's existence makes him think of a future, instead of just killing Regal and dying himself.
1. Verity obviously has several different motives for saving Fitz. Two of which might be love and the other that he needs him. Discuss his different motives and how they conflict, such as, does one use someone that one loves? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Fitz is dedicated to Verity. There are a number of reasons this is true. He most likely loves him as a father figure, he respects him, he has sworn an oath to the crown, etc. Discuss in detail the various reasons why Fitz is dedicated to Verity and how some of the reasons might conflict with Fitz being able to live his life as his own. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Why do you think knowing he has a daughter has changed Fitz's entire perspective on life? How do you think that will change his behavior? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)