|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitz pretend to be to get into Regal's bedchamber before the ball?
2. Who does Fitz meet in a town he goes to for news?
3. Of what mission is Fitz expected to be a part?
4. Who saves Fitz when he is attacked in his mind by someone wielding the Skill?
5. To whom are Forged Ones especially attracted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Forged Ones, their character and what attracts them?
2. What is Fitz's task in the caravan across the mountains, who joins him and how is he able to join him?
3. In Chapter 28, what does Fitz decide to do about the people following them?
4. What does Fitz feel he is half of and how is Burrich dealing with Fitz's feelings?
5. What did the Queen decide about Fitz's daughter and how did he feel? Why did he give into it?
6. Who has Nighteyes adopted into his and Fitz's pack? What does he do because of that?
7. Who is Chade Fallstar and why does he anger Regal? What does Regal do about him?
8. What demand did Regal send the Mountain King and what did Kettricken decide because of it? Who participated in Kettricken's plan?
9. What did the others expect Fitz to do and how did he feel about it?
10. What do the others do to help Fitz as they travel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fitz was killed and buried and was revived by Burrich and Chade. To bring Fitz back to life, he was trusted to a wolf who had been bound to him. Fitz is thinking of his past, and he wonders if he should thank these men for bringing him back.
1. Discuss in detail the types of emotional impact being dead and buried would have on a person who is then revived. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Fitz's soul supposedly entered a wolf while he was buried. Discuss what you think being a wolf would do for Fitz's human mind. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
3. Using examples from the book discuss reasons why Fitz might not thank the men who brought him back from the dead.
Essay Topic 2
When Fitz returns to his cabin, three Forged Ones are there. A fight breaks out, and although Fitz kills one, he is frozen with fear and barely escapes, using his wolf abilities to hide.
1. Discuss what you think Fitz might be feeling to be so frightened when once he was a strong warrior. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Do you think once a courageous person has lost his nerve he can ever regain it? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Outline in detail, with explanations, the steps you think someone could take to overcome fear.
Essay Topic 3
Surrounded by an old woman, a man who has been a jester and who now makes toys, and two women, Nighteyes and Fitz seem to be going into this fight as the only warriors. Only hope and belief in the power of good over evil carries the reader into the next and most critical chapters of the novel.
1. Based on what you have seen of Queen Kettricken in Assassin's Quest, would you think she would not be called a warrior? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Although the Fool was the King's jester, it was obvious that in secret he is something else and the king loved and respected him. Why do you think the Fool keeps his abilities hidden? Discuss what kind of character a person would have that he would be willing to be known as a Fool for the sake of the greater good, yet obviously is a very intelligent and capable person.
3. Do you believe in real life hope and the belief in the power of good have any real effect on a person's life? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)