|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fool go?
(a) To the dragon mount.
(b) No one knows.
(c) To his childhood home.
(d) He dies.
2. What may be the only true communication?
(a) A merging of skill and wit.
3. What event pushed Verity to try to find help with the Skill?
(a) Needing to produce an heir.
(b) The arrival of the Red Ships.
(c) The Fool's Prophecy.
(d) Marrying Kettricken.
4. What does Regal do with everything he has stolen?
(a) Returns it.
(b) Keeps it.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Gives it to the raiders.
5. On what does Fitz try to concentrate?
(a) Kettricken's welfare.
(b) Kettle's rhymes.
(c) The Fool's stories.
(d) Kettle's stone game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the dragon that makes it a living creature?
2. What happens to Fool when he touches the girl on the dragon with his magic fingers?
3. What does Verity decide Fitz must do to help the land?
4. What happens to the Fool when he touches Verity's silver hands?
5. Who is the scribe who is writing this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fitz do while Kettle and Verity sleep and what does Verity decide?
2. What happens in Chapter 39 when Fitz is fighting Will and Regal's army?
3. Who comes to visit Fitz often and what does she bring him?
4. In Chapter 29, what did the narrator say about something Kettle taught Fitz to give him protection from Skill?
5. What is different about Regal and what does he do when he arrives where Verity and Kettricken are?
6. What does Verity want to do even though the group is with him and why?
7. What does Kettle tell Fitz, what does she ask Verity and what ends up happening about her request?
8. What does the narrator say about the progress of the Red Ships in Chapter 37 and what does Regal do about them?
9. What shape is Verity in and what is he doing? What is the group's response to him?
10. What does Fitz reflect upon and what do he and Nighteyes do? How does Fitz feel about all that has happened?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)