|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holly put in her mouth before blasting off to the surface?
(a) A rubber cylinder.
(b) A mouth guard.
(c) A lollipop.
(d) A piece of gum.
2. What is Artemis truly in search of from the fairies?
(b) Exposing the fairies.
(c) Fairy history.
3. What happens to the pickpocket that tries to steal Butler's wallet?
(a) Butler kills him.
(b) Butler breaks his fingers.
(c) He gets hit by a moped.
(d) He gets away without the wallet.
4. Holly decides to bypass water in her flight and instead flies over what?
(a) The Alps.
(b) The Pyramids.
(c) The Rockies.
(d) The Sahara.
5. How do fairies keep from being seen?
(a) They can become invisible.
(b) They fly away quickly.
(c) They vibrate at a high frequency.
(d) They use shields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Artemis shut down his ever running web site?
2. What does Nguyen tell Artemis that the sprite will want in exchange?
3. For what will Artemis use the Ritual?
4. What does the word "Scopes" mean?
5. With what language is Artemis able to begin to compare Gnomish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the opening of the fairy Book reveal?
2. How does Artemis use technology?
3. Why is there a need to go to the surface because a troll is there?
4. What kind of a character is Angeline Fowl?
5. What is the Fowl family history?
6. What is Butler's role and how is this a reversal of whom he would be expected to be as opposed to Artemis's role in the mind of a reader?
7. What objects are used to indicate that this is a modern/futuristic novel?
8. What characteristics does the author give to Artemis in the first chapter?
9. How is the translation of the Book a challenge for Artemis?
10. How does Artemis's age conflict with his task?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)