|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the word "leprechaun" originate according to the text?
(a) From Saint Patrick.
(b) From Lower Elements Police.
(c) From the drunken Irish.
(d) From a television ad.
2. How old is Artemis at the beginning of this tale?
3. Which skill is NOT taught to a Butler?
(a) House keeping.
(c) Emergency medicine.
(d) Martial Arts.
4. Holly decides to bypass water in her flight and instead flies over what?
(a) The Pyramids.
(b) The Rockies.
(c) The Alps.
(d) The Sahara.
5. How tall is Holly?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 2 feet.
(c) 3 feet.
(d) 8 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one school of thought as to the ancestry of the People?
2. How many pages need to be translated from the Book?
3. What is the name of the Fowls' ship?
4. What is the most magical country in the world according to the text?
5. What does Artemis promise the sprite in return for the Book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the opening of the fairy Book reveal?
2. What is the Fowl family history?
3. How do Holly's choices show her to be an independent creature?
4. How it the theme of magic introduced in Chapter 2?
5. Explain Holly's journey to the surface in detail.
6. Why is Root so angry with Holly at the end of Chapter 3?
7. How does Artemis use technology?
8. What is the Ritual?
9. What is Butler's role and how is this a reversal of whom he would be expected to be as opposed to Artemis's role in the mind of a reader?
10. What kind of a character is Angeline Fowl?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)