|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the pickpocket that tries to steal Butler's wallet?
(a) Butler kills him.
(b) Butler breaks his fingers.
(c) He gets hit by a moped.
(d) He gets away without the wallet.
2. What city is Artemis in as the book opens?
(a) Viet Cong.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
3. When was the last time Holly had performed the Ritual?
(a) 4 years before.
(b) 1 year before.
(c) 6 months before.
(d) 10 years before.
4. What place does Holly wish to visit on her trip to the Ritual site?
(a) The Blarney Stone.
(b) The Tower of Pisa.
(c) Disneyland, Paris.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
5. What does Artemis use to capture Holly?
(b) A dart tranquilizer.
(c) A duffel bag.
(d) Butler's force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Artemis's main problem now that he has the translated Book?
2. What does Artemis need the gold for?
3. What does Holly have on her wrist when she first reaches the surface?
4. Why does Artemis shut down his ever running web site?
5. Why can't Holly retrieve the beast from the human town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Artemis use technology?
2. What objects are used to indicate that this is a modern/futuristic novel?
3. What is the Fowl family history?
4. Why is Root so angry with Holly at the end of Chapter 3?
5. How do Holly's choices show her to be an independent creature?
6. How is the sprite's way of life unexpected?
7. Specifically, how do Butler and Artemis find Holly?
8. What does the opening of the fairy Book reveal?
9. What other side of Artemis is revealed in Chapter 4?
10. Explain Holly's journey to the surface in detail.
This section contains 1,365 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)