|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Juliet related?
2. How many pages need to be translated from the Book?
3. In Chapter 2, what has kept Angeline from sleeping?
4. What does Artemis convince his mother of about Juliet?
(a) That she is the new maid.
(b) That she is Angeline's daughter.
(c) That she has been fired.
(d) That she is a good maid.
5. What does Artemis have to use to see the sprite?
(a) Night-vision goggles.
(b) Night-vision glasses.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) Thick glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Holly have to plant in order to regain her powers?
2. What trouble is Artemis having with the Book?
3. With what language is Artemis able to begin to compare Gnomish?
4. Why doesn't Artemis want to stick around once he gives the sprite the second vial?
5. What is the name of the Fowls' ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there a need to go to the surface because a troll is there?
2. What other side of Artemis is revealed in Chapter 4?
3. How it the theme of magic introduced in Chapter 2?
4. How do Artemis's feelings about his mother's illness conflict?
5. Explain Holly's journey to the surface in detail.
6. How is the book set up as a fantasy in the first chapter?
7. How does Artemis's age conflict with his task?
8. How does magic play an essential role in Chapter 4: The Abduction?
9. What shocks Holly about Artemis and Butler?
10. What does the opening of the fairy Book reveal?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)