|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of their system of communication, gulls are good teachers of how to talk with and to read _____________.
2. Native American people thought of bears as ___________ since they are able to walk on two feet.
3. It's best not to ________ of what your animal totem has done for you as this can hinder the connection to the animal.
4. The author points out that in relation to the grackle, its color, _________, is the color of the inner and the feminine.
5. What is the bird which is the smallest member of the falcon family, the bird associated with mental speed, ability, and grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might happen when a person chooses a wilder totem rather than a tamer totem animal?
2. What happens during the house cat's cycle of power, according to the author?
3. What can be disheartening about the practice of working with your animal totems?
4. What are two of the ways in which a person might be able to call an animal totem to himself?
5. What is the status of the turkey vulture - is it a scavenger or a predator when it's out in the wild?
6. While some might call domestic horses 'broken,' what is the other explanation that some have for these horses?
7. What are turkey vultures easily mistaken for when they are looked at by those who are not familiar with them?
8. What happens as a result of the bobcat's accurate sensors about energy and other people?
9. What does Andrews say one should do if he has a serious mouse problem at his house?
10. What will help a person begin to see the differences between different species of birds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The aura is the energy body surrounding the human form, showing different energies as colors.
Part 1: Do you think that the aura is something that actually exists?
Part 2: Why do you think the aura is something that is being described and used in this book?
Part 3: What color would your aura be if you were able to see it or to show it to others? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of predator and prey is brought up in the opening section of the book, but it's said to be more complicated than it seems.
Part 1: How would you describe the relationship between predator and prey?
Part 2: Why do you think the author believes the relationship is more complicated than it seems? Do you agree?
Part 3: Do you believe that the relationship between predator and prey is an important one to explore?
Essay Topic 3
While the author has created different meanings and symbols for each of the animals, this does not always mean that the reader agrees.
Part 1: What should happen if a person doesn't agree with an animal description in the book?
Part 2: Is there such a thing as a 'wrong' interpretation of an animal? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that readers should agree with every single interpretation in this book?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)