|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primary food source of a ____________ can also be a totem, if a person does his research.
2. The masked _______ is a prevalent symbol associated with Shamanism, according to the findings of the author.
3. The entire bird's body is designed to be light as this will help with the process of ____________.
(b) Fitting into small spaces.
(c) Caring for babies.
4. Not surprisingly, this bird is linked to the power of song and of voice.
5. What is an event which may indicate a particular destiny, as defined in the start of this section?
(b) Animal dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ have long been a source of spiritual insight and they can help you in the understanding in the spiritual significance of the totem.
2. On what holiday was it once thought that seeing certain birds would foretell the partner a woman would choose?
3. What kinds of feathers are found beneath the contour of other feathers on the bird?
4. ________ restore our childlike wonder in the world, the lost belief in magic, dreams, and possibilities.
5. What is any natural object, animal, or being to whose phenomena and energy to which a person feels closely associated with during his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the exercises in the book supposed to help a reader do in his own life?
2. What is the main concern with the idea of the faerie realm, according to the author, which is why he brings it up?
3. What is the reason why birds let go of their feathers, according to the findings and the research of the author?
4. What is the author's definition and explanation of what a fetish is in relationship to personal workings?
5. What is the importance of the mating style of an animal when it comes to the interpretation of totems?
6. What is the relationship between predator and prey, as is described in this opening section of the book?
7. What are some of the attributes of the pigeon, as Andrews includes in this opening section's examples?
8. What are some examples of other fetishes which may help a person connect to his personal power?
9. What are some items which can be attached to a prayer stick in order to give it power for the person using it?
10. What are the 'breath of life' and the 'tree of life' as the author defines them in this chapter?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)