|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animals calls to the author every morning, according to the introduction to the book?
2. Who might NOT be considered a Spirit Being, according to the definition laid out by Andrews?
3. What is the most deadly enemy of the crow, according to this book and the author's findings?
(c) Great Horned Owl.
4. One of the easiest ways to align a person's energies with the bird totem is to ________ the feathers.
5. Which bird is associated with the following symbolic qualities: Cheerfulness, Sublimation, inner journey, linked to the moon?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has heard of people saying that they want to get back in touch with __________, but he does not feel we are out of touch.
2. Not surprisingly, this bird is linked to the power of song and of voice.
3. What is an ancient symbol for fertility and new birth, according to the book?
4. Corn meal could be cast in the various directions to making offerings to the _________ for the Hopi and Pueblo Indians.
5. What is the study of the interaction between living things and their environments, according to the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is it necessary to have a strong reason for looking up an animal within this book?
2. What are the qualities of squirrels and raccoons which can be attributed to humans as well?
3. What is the reason for finding a bunch of feathers all at once, as the author explains to the reader?
4. What do self knowledge and augury allow a person to do in his life, according to Andrews in the book?
5. What is the main concern with the idea of the faerie realm, according to the author, which is why he brings it up?
6. What is the author's definition and explanation of what a fetish is in relationship to personal workings?
7. What are some other ways in which to use the power of feathers in one's daily life?
8. How can a person know that the behaviors of a specific animal are representative of the entire species?
9. How does the author suggest a person use feathers effectively in his own personal workings?
10. Why are feathers important fetishes for people to work with in relation to magic and personal power?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)