|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ often contain many lessons associated with community and learning to live with variety, flexibility, and adaptability.
2. In addition to colors, what is another thing a person should keep in mind observing nature?
3. Not surprisingly, this bird is linked to the power of song and of voice.
4. __________ have long been a source of spiritual insight and they can help you in the understanding in the spiritual significance of the totem.
(b) Myths and tales.
(c) Sun cycles.
(d) Ancient beings.
5. The chicken is linked to what quality, which makes sense given its manner of life cycles, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of feathers are found beneath the contour of other feathers on the bird?
2. What kind of animals calls to the author every morning, according to the introduction to the book?
3. Which bird is associated with the following symbolic qualities: Cheerfulness, Sublimation, inner journey, linked to the moon?
4. In many cases, the early priests and priestesses would adopt the guise of ___________, wearing skins and masks to symbolize reawakening.
5. Which kind of feathers makes the best aura dusters, according to a note by the author?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say that the tail feathers of a bird might be used for when they are flying?
2. What is the importance of the mating style of an animal when it comes to the interpretation of totems?
3. What do self knowledge and augury allow a person to do in his life, according to Andrews in the book?
4. What is the author's definition and explanation of what a fetish is in relationship to personal workings?
5. What are the 'breath of life' and the 'tree of life' as the author defines them in this chapter?
6. In the ancient history of the Native American tribes, what was the relationship between animals and people?
7. How does the author suggest a person use feathers effectively in his own personal workings?
8. What is the reason for finding a bunch of feathers all at once, as the author explains to the reader?
9. What are some examples of other fetishes which may help a person connect to his personal power?
10. Why does the location of the animal in the world matter to the interpretation of the totem animal?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)