|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crane was a powerful symbol to the ancient ____________, according to the book.
2. In the past, shamans, priests, and priestesses were the keepers of the sacred knowledge of ___________.
3. Ideally, when making prayer sticks, it's best to ensure the _________ and the stick are compatible.
4. Corn meal could be cast in the various directions to making offerings to the _________ for the Hopi and Pueblo Indians.
5. Animals found in and around ___________ will help reveal ways to discover one's spiritual power.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ on birds are of great significance as anything related to the head has applications to the thinking process, higher mind, and higher perceptions.
2. What kinds of feathers are found beneath the contour of other feathers on the bird?
3. What is an ancient symbol for fertility and new birth, according to the book?
4. The blackbird keynote entry includes the idea that this bird is linked to understanding the ____________ of Mother Nature.
5. The ________ times are the times when there is a thinning of the veils between the worlds, between the physical and the spiritual.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the way in which the author wants the reader to begin to learn the totems in this book?
2. Is it necessary to have a strong reason for looking up an animal within this book?
3. What are some of the attributes of the pigeon, as Andrews includes in this opening section's examples?
4. What are some of the explanations of the faerie realm, which have been outlined in this section?
5. What are the prayer sticks to which the author refers in this particular section of the book?
6. What is the reason why birds let go of their feathers, according to the findings and the research of the author?
7. What are some other ways in which to use the power of feathers in one's daily life?
8. What is the importance of the mating style of an animal when it comes to the interpretation of totems?
9. How can a person know that the behaviors of a specific animal are representative of the entire species?
10. What is the reason for finding a bunch of feathers all at once, as the author explains to the reader?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)