|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cardinal direction is associated with the following characteristics: healing, creativity, illumination, divination, new birth, and sunshine.
2. While it's nice to have one from the bird, any ___________ will help to strengthen a connection to a totem animal.
3. Who might NOT be considered a Spirit Being, according to the definition laid out by Andrews?
4. The study of Nature Totems is essential for understanding how the _________ is manifesting in our natural life.
5. What is an event which may indicate a particular destiny, as defined in the start of this section?
(d) Animal dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Traditionally, the __________ is the place of wisdom and it often reflects the human body and the thought process.
2. The blackbird keynote entry includes the idea that this bird is linked to understanding the ____________ of Mother Nature.
3. The human _______ is the energy field that surrounds the human body in all directions, comprised of many forms of energy.
4. While it is a good idea, a person does not have to plant his prayer sticks ____________.
5. Which bird is associated with the following symbolic qualities: Cheerfulness, Sublimation, inner journey, linked to the moon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say that the tail feathers of a bird might be used for when they are flying?
2. What are the prayer sticks to which the author refers in this particular section of the book?
3. Is it necessary to have a strong reason for looking up an animal within this book?
4. What is the main concern with the idea of the faerie realm, according to the author, which is why he brings it up?
5. Are cats considered to be high maintenance, according to the author's description of house cats?
6. What does Andrews say is the uncanny ability of the bobcat as an animal totem?
7. What is the status of the turkey vulture - is it a scavenger or a predator when it's out in the wild?
8. What are the two species which Andrews describes in terms of their mouse catching abilities?
9. What will help a person begin to see the differences between different species of birds?
10. What are two of the ways in which a person might be able to call an animal totem to himself?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)