|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a person begins to discover his _________, he may find these animals come to him in dreams or in meditations.
2. A successful rite, whether it is to connect with Nature or animals or any other purpose, will focus and improve your __________.
3. The loon is always around __________, a symbol of the astral plane, dreams, and other levels of consciousness.
4. The massive head of the buffalo can be a symbol that one must combine efforts with the ______________.
5. Which pheasant-like bird is associated with sacred drumming and dancing, as written in its keynote?
6. In some ancient societies, the letting of _________ was a way of releasing a form of psychic energy.
7. In the Native American tradition, the woodpecker is a bird connected with the ___________ of the Earth itself.
8. The author points out that while people feel 'ritual' is a scary word, we all have personal _________ associated with every human expression.
9. In alchemy, the vulture was a symbol of sublimation as it closely resembled the _________.
10. The grosbeak is related to the healing of the _________ heart, according to its keynote in the book.
11. What is one of the ways in which a person can call out to his totem animal after meditating?
(c) Taking off one's clothes.
12. The bear is an animal which is associated with awakening the power of the ____________.
13. What is one of the bird species which is considered to be an urban success story?
(d) Blue pigeon.
14. What is the bird which is the smallest member of the falcon family, the bird associated with mental speed, ability, and grace?
(b) Red-tailed hawk.
(c) Blue falcon.
15. The author also suggests a person create a __________, with pictures and descriptions of the animal surrounding a picture of the person.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pronghorn is the only ____________ native to North America, according to this book.
2. A study of the __________ will provide some insight into the energies often associated with the bird.
3. Female bears give birth during __________, with usually two to three cubs being born at a time.
4. In the Hebrew alphabet, the letter 'shin' is given the numerical value of _______, which is how many species of hummingbirds exist.
5. In Chaldea, the goddess of _________ was pictured as riding on an ass in the stories which are told.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)