|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In alchemy, the vulture was a symbol of sublimation as it closely resembled the _________.
2. In the Greek tradition, the woodpecker occupied the throne of ___________, considered sacred to this god of thunder.
3. Unlike most birds whose bones are filled with air, the loon's bones are ___________.
(b) Filled with water.
(c) Filled with blood.
4. In pagan traditions, the wren is connected to the ___________ gods and goddesses, according to the book.
5. The turkey vulture also seems to have a unique _________ system, one which helps keep it healthy.
6. As a person begins to discover his _________, he may find these animals come to him in dreams or in meditations.
7. Many people, especially those who live in oceanside areas tend to look at _________ as pests.
8. A pronghorn will signal danger to others by raising the _________ patch on its bottom.
9. It's interesting to note that the bison tends to follow the _________ path when it is traveling.
(c) Most crooked.
10. Some people use ___________ to help them perform animal rites, without causing unnecessary harm.
(b) Stuffed animals.
(c) Alive animals.
11. What allows the beaver to be such a strong swimmer in the water, according to this book?
12. A person can use drumming and/or music to help enhance the _____________during a ritual.
13. Because of their system of communication, gulls are good teachers of how to talk with and to read _____________.
14. The grosbeak is related to the healing of the _________ heart, according to its keynote in the book.
15. In many folk traditions, it is thought that when the turkey vulture comes back after winter, there will be no more ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes mammals from other animals is that mammals ________________ and they give birth to live young.
2. In some ancient societies, the letting of _________ was a way of releasing a form of psychic energy.
3. What is one of the bird species which is considered to be an urban success story?
4. Armadillo is _________ for little armored one, according to its description in the book.
5. The Egyptian God Osiris is often depicted with the head of a __________, as this is a revered animal.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)