|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first exercise called "Beginning the Day" invites the reader to start by visualizing stepping outside and being greeted by __________.
(a) A loved one.
(b) A bear.
2. _________ is simply the movement from one climate zone to the next for food and it is done within many animal species.
3. Animals found in and around ___________ will help reveal ways to discover one's spiritual power.
4. Primary flight feathers normally fall out ________________, which many people don't realize to be the case.
(a) At birth.
(b) At death.
(c) In pairs.
(d) One by one.
5. Which bird is associated with the following symbolic qualities: Cheerfulness, Sublimation, inner journey, linked to the moon?
6. In order to awaken the greater fertility and life in the world, priests and priestesses performed ____________ in accordance with natural rhythms.
7. As a lifelong student of ____________, with a formal background in literature and linguistics, the author has continuously found links to the animal word in life.
8. What is the number which is associated with creativity and new birth, according to the author?
9. What is one way of developing a more intuitive understanding of the language of birds, according to the author?
(c) Museum trips.
10. What is a word applied to relics, rosaries, and images thought to possess magical qualities?
11. The ancient symbolism of __________is complex, but connected to the feminine forces within the universe.
12. The chickadee can help a person express his _______ in a manner that heals, balances, and opens the perceptions.
13. The more a person is able to align with the totem and to create his own __________, the easier it will be to understand what it is saying.
14. The primary food source of a ____________ can also be a totem, if a person does his research.
15. The blackbird keynote entry includes the idea that this bird is linked to understanding the ____________ of Mother Nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is any natural object, animal, or being to whose phenomena and energy to which a person feels closely associated with during his life?
2. __________ have long been a source of spiritual insight and they can help you in the understanding in the spiritual significance of the totem.
3. True shamans cultivate the ability to leave their ________ in order to access other parts of their consciousness.
4. Who spoke to spirits and gods through oracles, according to Andrews' research and findings?
5. What sorts of crystals can help to support the energy of a fetish while also providing support to a prayer stick?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)