|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Woodpeckers and Animal Rites.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn meal could be cast in the various directions to making offerings to the _________ for the Hopi and Pueblo Indians.
2. __________ were traditionally a symbol of magic, calling out for people to see it in their lives and to use it as needed.
3. _________ are often reminders to listen closely - to pay attention to what is blowing on the winds.
4. Not surprisingly, this bird is linked to the power of song and of voice.
5. At what time of day would the rooster totem be at its highest cycle of power, according to the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. When using the breathing through the feathers exercise, a person should breathe _________ into the person if the proper feather cannot be found.
2. While it is a good idea, a person does not have to plant his prayer sticks ____________.
3. The vulture can ________ for hours without flapping its wings, allowing it to be a patient hunter.
4. What is the animal to which the author devotes a number of pages, the bird of purification, death and rebirth, and new vision?
5. The ________ times are the times when there is a thinning of the veils between the worlds, between the physical and the spiritual.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)