|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jefferson believe creates wars, rather than prevents them?
2. What does Jefferson announce, almost immediately, after the Embargo Act is passed?
3. Why does Jefferson agree with the separation of church and state?
4. Who does Jefferson tell his daughter Martha is the father of Sally's children?
5. Who are the last surviving Founding Fathers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson writes revisionist history.
Part 1) What is revisionist history?
Part 2) What revisionist history does he write?
Part 3) Why might he do this?
Essay Topic 2
To Jefferson everything is black or white.
Part 1) Give examples from the text that prove this.
Part 2) Why do you believe he hates compromise?
Part 3) How does this aspect of his personality affect his life and relationships?
Essay Topic 3
The building of Monticello is one decision that shapes Jefferson's entire life.
Part 1) How does it shape his life?
Part 2) How does this home reflect his views on the ideal life?
Part 3) How does it contradict his views of slavery?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)