|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jefferson's vice president?
2. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
3. When does this erosion take place?
4. Who prints scurrilous, vengeful allegations against Jefferson?
5. About what will scholars still be arguing well into the 22nd century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jefferson want to eliminate as president?
2. How does Ellis feel about the accusations that Jefferson has an illicit affair with his slave, Sally Hemings?
3. How is Jefferson's public speaking as president?
4. What happens between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton?
5. What is the reason for the lack of pomp in his arrival to the Capitol?
6. Why does Jefferson make the Louisiana Purchase?
7. How do Jefferson and Adams begin to reconcile their friendship?
8. What has happened to Jefferson's and Adam' friendship?
9. What does John Adams mean by "Thomas Jefferson lives"?
10. Why does Jefferson retreat to Poplar Forest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson writes the Declaration of independence.
Part 1) How long does it take Jefferson to write the Declaration of Independence?
Part 2) Why might it have taken him this amount of time to write it?
Part 3) By what and whom is he inspired? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson writes revisionist history.
Part 1) What is revisionist history?
Part 2) What revisionist history does he write?
Part 3) Why might he do this?
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson is the Governor of Virginia for two years.
Part 1) How is Virginia under Jefferson's guidance?
Part 2) Why is the state's economy the way it is?
Part 3) What quota is Virginia not able to meet?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)