|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellis believe about the relationship of Jefferson and Sally after the story becomes so public?
2. Who prints scurrilous, vengeful allegations against Jefferson?
3. When do historians discover Jefferson is at Monticello with Sally nine months before she gives birth to each of her children?
4. What does Jefferson do regarding miscegenation?
5. What do today's scholars know about this time in Jefferson's life?
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson hates to have his work edited.
Part 1) What works of Jefferson's mentioned in the text are edited?
Part 2) Why are they edited?
Part 3) How does he handle having his works edited?
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson, especially later in life, attends many parties.
Part 1) How does Jefferson react at parties early in his career?
Part 2) How is he at parties later in life?
Part 3) He often retreat to Poplar Forest to get away from the crowds at Monticello. Why does he do this, rather than end the parties?
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson writes revisionist history.
Part 1) What is revisionist history?
Part 2) What revisionist history does he write?
Part 3) Why might he do this?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)