|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jefferson say to Elizabeth Walker's husband?
2. When does this erosion take place?
3. About what will scholars still be arguing well into the 22nd century?
4. What changes would Jefferson wholeheartedly approve?
5. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson idealizes nature.
Part 1) What does he believe about the natural world?
Part 2) What examples from the text show he idealizes nature?
Part 3) Is he correct in his belief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson arrives in Philadelphia and Paris in luxury with a lot of pomp.
Part 1) Why does he choose to enter in this fashion?
Part 2) How does this flashy lifestyle contradict his views?
Part 3) His entrance to Washington, D.C. is very different from that of Philadelphia and Paris. How is it different? Why?
Essay Topic 3
One of Jefferson's primary goals is the elimination of the national debt.
Part 1) Of what does he see this as the cause?
Part 2) He is determined to eliminate the national debt and one of his cost-saving measures is dismantling the U.S. Navy. Why does he believe this is a good cost-saving measure?
Part 3) How does this course of action prove to be almost disastrous?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)