|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even as he voices inspiring words uniting republicans and federalists in his first inaugural address, what does he say in personal letters to friends?
2. Who points out "The true Jeffersonian legacy is to be hostile to legacies?"
3. Who constantly attends Jefferson at Monticello?
4. What speeches does Jefferson make during his time as president?
5. By whom does Jefferson subsidize libelous accusations against Adams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To Jefferson everything is black or white.
Part 1) Give examples from the text that prove this.
Part 2) Why do you believe he hates compromise?
Part 3) How does this aspect of his personality affect his life and relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson arrives in Philadelphia and Paris in luxury with a lot of pomp.
Part 1) Why does he choose to enter in this fashion?
Part 2) How does this flashy lifestyle contradict his views?
Part 3) His entrance to Washington, D.C. is very different from that of Philadelphia and Paris. How is it different? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson dies in debt.
Part 1) How does he find himself in debt?
Part 2) What does he do to get out of debt?
Part 3) Why does he have a difficult time changing his lifestyle to get out of debt?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)