|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jefferson believe the vastness of the western territories would do to slavery?
2. Who constantly attends Jefferson at Monticello?
3. How many slaves does Jefferson free in his will?
4. As what is Sally Hemings known?
5. What does the previous administration rename Washington's Goose Creek?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson hates to have his work edited.
Part 1) What works of Jefferson's mentioned in the text are edited?
Part 2) Why are they edited?
Part 3) How does he handle having his works edited?
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson frequently launches attacks on the British Parliament and King George III.
Part 1) How does he attack them?
Part 2) Of what does he accuse them?
Part 3) Does Jefferson have a valid argument against either Parliament or the king? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
After Jefferson's 1775 to 1776 winter retreat to Monticello, he tries unsuccessfully to avoid returning to Philadelphia.
Part 1) Why does he not want to return?
Part 2) What are his tactics for avoiding the return?
Part 3) Where would Jefferson rather be? Why?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)