Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellis believe about the relationship of Jefferson and Sally after the story becomes so public?
2. Who prints scurrilous, vengeful allegations against Jefferson?
3. When do historians discover Jefferson is at Monticello with Sally nine months before she gives birth to each of her children?
4. What does Jefferson do regarding miscegenation?
5. What do today's scholars know about this time in Jefferson's life?
Essay Topic 1
To Jefferson everything is black or white.
Part 1) Give examples from the text that prove this.
Part 2) Why do you believe he hates compromise?
Part 3) How does this aspect of his personality affect his life and relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson frequently launches attacks on the British Parliament and King George III.
Part 1) How does he attack them?
Part 2) Of what does he accuse them?
Part 3) Does Jefferson have a valid argument against either Parliament or the king? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson writes revisionist history.
Part 1) What is revisionist history?
Part 2) What revisionist history does he write?
Part 3) Why might he do this?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)