|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Jefferson exchange a series of passionate love letters?
2. How does Jefferson react to the invasion by Benedict Arnold's troops?
3. Of what party does Jefferson become the leader in just a few years?
4. When it comes to Jefferson's writing, what does he not like?
5. Of what has Jefferson either never learned the technique or accepted the necessity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jefferson do with his companions once they arrive in France?
2. Why does Jefferson not want to return to Philadelphia?
3. What are two of Jefferson's untruths in his pamphlets?
4. How does Jefferson speak about and treat his slaves?
5. What do Patsy and Polly have in common?
6. How does Martha Wales Jefferson die?
7. What impression does Jefferson's arrival in Paris give the French?
8. Why does Jefferson hate Alexander Hamilton so much?
9. What are two central features of Jefferson's personality?
10. Why might the audience have been too polite to discuss Jefferson's slave ownership and relationship with Sally Hemings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson hates to have his work edited.
Part 1) What works of Jefferson's mentioned in the text are edited?
Part 2) Why are they edited?
Part 3) How does he handle having his works edited?
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson is the Governor of Virginia for two years.
Part 1) How is Virginia under Jefferson's guidance?
Part 2) Why is the state's economy the way it is?
Part 3) What quota is Virginia not able to meet?
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson writes the Declaration of independence.
Part 1) How long does it take Jefferson to write the Declaration of Independence?
Part 2) Why might it have taken him this amount of time to write it?
Part 3) By what and whom is he inspired? Why?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)