|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the other two ambassadors in France?
2. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
3. How are Jefferson's actions towards slavery and his views of slavery contradictory?
4. What does Jefferson know about some of the revisionist history he writes?
5. What does Jefferson expect his slave to learn while in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two decisions shape his entire life?
2. What do Patsy and Polly have in common?
3. What two views of Jefferson's about King George III are incompatible?
4. What is the author's opinion about Bill Clinton's behavior with Monica Lewinsky?
5. What do Polly and her mother have in common?
6. Where is the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings a topic?
7. What happens to Virginia under Jefferson's guidance?
8. What is Jefferson's ideal Utopian society?
9. How does Jefferson speak about and treat his slaves?
10. What does Jefferson do with his companions once they arrive in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson writes the Declaration of independence.
Part 1) How long does it take Jefferson to write the Declaration of Independence?
Part 2) Why might it have taken him this amount of time to write it?
Part 3) By what and whom is he inspired? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The building of Monticello is one decision that shapes Jefferson's entire life.
Part 1) How does it shape his life?
Part 2) How does this home reflect his views on the ideal life?
Part 3) How does it contradict his views of slavery?
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson frequently launches attacks on the British Parliament and King George III.
Part 1) How does he attack them?
Part 2) Of what does he accuse them?
Part 3) Does Jefferson have a valid argument against either Parliament or the king? Explain.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)