|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Martha Wales Jefferson several months after the birth of their daughter Lucy Elizabeth?
2. Who does Polly marry?
3. With whom did Jefferson engage in vile public clashes?
4. How does Ellis feel about presentism?
5. Why is it difficult for Patsy to love her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jefferson claimed by many individuals with opposing beliefs?
2. Why does Jefferson's plan to plant wheat fail?
3. What two decisions shape his entire life?
4. Why are the Hemingses allowed to live at Mulberry Row and work in the house?
5. Why does Jefferson hate Alexander Hamilton so much?
6. What three articles is he known for writing?
7. What is Jefferson's ideal Utopian society?
8. How does Jefferson receive advice from Abigail Adams while he is in France?
9. Where is the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings a topic?
10. What are two of Jefferson's untruths in his pamphlets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson very publicly becomes a Francophone while in Paris.
Part 1) What is a Francophone?
Part 2) Why and how is Jefferson a Francophone?
Part 3) How does it affect his opinion of the French?
Essay Topic 2
As Secretary of State Jefferson engages in vile public clashes with Alexander Hamilton, Secretary of the Treasury.
Part 1) Describe Alexander Hamilton.
Part 2) Why does Jefferson detest Hamilton?
Part 3) Who else clashes with Hamilton? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson hates to have his work edited.
Part 1) What works of Jefferson's mentioned in the text are edited?
Part 2) Why are they edited?
Part 3) How does he handle having his works edited?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)