|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about the enforcement of the separation of church and state?
(a) It is not effective.
(b) It is not a true separation.
(c) It is enforced by the Supreme Court, the government institution Jefferson hates the most.
(d) It has not preserved religious freedom.
2. How is Jefferson's arrival in Washington, D.C?
3. What coincides with the start of Jefferson's supposed affair with Sally?
(a) The birth of his last daughter.
(b) His gain of the presidency.
(c) His withdrawal from a leadership position in the antislavery movement.
(d) His move to Paris.
4. What does Jefferson say to Elizabeth Walker's husband?
(a) He publicly apologizes.
(b) He says he is innocent and never made advances towards Elizabeth.
(c) He does not apologize for actions that he believe to be acceptable.
(d) He secretly apologizes.
5. Who is Sally Hemings?
(a) A slave Jefferson sets free in his will.
(b) A quadroon slave.
(c) Jefferson's second wife.
(d) A slave that works in the fields at Monticello.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth Walker?
2. What is remarkable about the transfer of power from one president to the next?
3. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
4. What has happened with Thomas Jefferson's popularity over time?
5. Politicians have long been subjected to what type of rumors?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)