|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how much does Napoleon sell the land?
(a) Three cents per acre.
(b) Three dollars per acre.
(c) One dollar per acre.
(d) One cent per acre.
2. About what will scholars still be arguing well into the 22nd century?
(a) Jefferson's legacies.
(b) Jefferson's children.
(c) Jefferson's debt.
(d) Jefferson's friendship with Adams.
3. What closes all ports in the U.S. to trade and is an economically crippling move?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) An attack by the British.
(c) The Embargo Act.
(d) An attack by the French.
4. As what is Sally Hemings known?
(a) The "African Venus."
(b) The "Queen of the Africans."
(c) The "African China Doll."
(d) The "Venus de Milo."
5. What do today's scholars know about this time in Jefferson's life?
(a) As much as they know about the rest of his life.
(b) More than any other time in his life.
(c) Very little.
(d) Nothing, since his records are burned in a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sally Hemings?
2. Who are the last surviving Founding Fathers?
3. What are John Adam's final words?
4. How do Jefferson's views on slavery continue to be?
5. What does everyone expect of President Thomas Jefferson?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)