|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jefferson permanently retire to Monticello?
2. Even as he voices inspiring words uniting republicans and federalists in his first inaugural address, what does he say in personal letters to friends?
(a) He vows to eradicate all parties.
(b) He vows to eradicate the Federalists.
(c) He vows to start his own party, the Democrats.
(d) He vows to eradicate the Republicans.
3. How do Jefferson's views on slavery continue to be?
4. What does everyone expect of President Thomas Jefferson?
(a) To be hard to understand.
(b) To be a powerful leader.
(c) They are not quite sure what to expect.
(d) To be difficult with which to deal.
5. What does the previous administration rename Washington's Goose Creek?
(a) The Euphrates.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Tigris.
(d) The Tiber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Politicians have long been subjected to what type of rumors?
2. Of what change in the U.S. would Jefferson disapprove?
3. Besides it being obvious that several of Sally Hemings' children have a white father, what makes it even more possible that they are Jefferson's?
4. As what is Sally Hemings known?
5. Who are the last surviving Founding Fathers?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)