|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are John Adam's last words factually incorrect?
(a) The Founding Fathers have all died.
(b) Jefferson dies about five hours after Adams.
(c) Jefferson dies about five hours earlier than Adams.
(d) There is still one Founding Father alive.
2. Who points out "The true Jeffersonian legacy is to be hostile to legacies?"
(a) Jaqueline Applegate.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Joyce Appleby.
(d) Joclyn Smith.
3. Who handles the negotiations with the French?
4. Why does Jefferson agree with the separation of church and state?
(a) To preserve government.
(b) To allow religion to be a part of all governmental procedings.
(c) To preserve his religious views.
(d) To preserve religious freedom.
5. By whom does Jefferson subsidize libelous accusations against Adams?
(a) James Callender.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) James Monroe.
(d) Elizabeth Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Jefferson the symbol?
2. How would Jefferson feel about urbanization?
3. For what does Jefferson owe $10,000 his first year as president?
4. As president, from what does Jefferson suffer?
5. Who is Madison Hemings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Jefferson's approval of the separation of church and state?
2. Why does Jefferson retreat to Poplar Forest?
3. Who are the last two surviving Founding Fathers, and how are they treated?
4. What is the reason for the lack of pomp in his arrival to the Capitol?
5. How is Jefferson's public speaking as president?
6. Of what aspects of our culture and government would Jefferson approve?
7. Why does Jefferson make the Louisiana Purchase?
8. What has happened to Jefferson's and Adam' friendship?
9. How does Madison Hemings back the claim that Jefferson had an illicit affair with Sally Hemings?
10. What does Jefferson want to eliminate as president?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)