|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jefferson permanently retire to Monticello?
2. What does Jefferson announce, almost immediately, after the Embargo Act is passed?
(a) He would not seek another term in office.
(b) He is canceling the Embarg Act.
(c) He is getting remarried.
(d) He will run for another term in office.
3. Why could those listening to his first address not understand him?
(a) They are too far away from him.
(b) The crowd is cheering too loudly.
(c) He mumbles so badly.
(d) He has a cold and loses his voice.
4. Where does Jefferson retreat to several times per year?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Poplar Forest.
5. What does Jefferson think about the white race?
(a) It reigns supreme.
(b) It is not a race.
(c) It is equal to all races.
(d) It is an arrogant race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Napoleon enter into negotiations to sell what is called the Louisiana Purchase?
2. Who is Aaron Burr?
3. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
4. In what tradition does Jefferson regard all political power as inherently corrupting?
5. How many slaves does Jefferson free in his will?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)