|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jefferson's arrival in Washington, D.C?
2. What does Jefferson lead?
(a) The voice of dissent against the establishment.
(b) The military.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The U.S. to victory.
3. How are John Adam's last words factually incorrect?
(a) There is still one Founding Father alive.
(b) Jefferson dies about five hours earlier than Adams.
(c) Jefferson dies about five hours after Adams.
(d) The Founding Fathers have all died.
4. How does Jefferson believe emancipation would work?
(a) It would start slowly in the northern states and then work south and west.
(b) It would not work well at all.
(c) It would work extremely well.
(d) If the newly freed slaves are deported.
5. What company precedes him to the Capitol?
(a) A company of militia.
(b) A company of government analysts.
(c) A company of legal advisors.
(d) A company of dancers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between France and England in 1803?
2. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
3. Who is Sally Hemings?
4. How would Jefferson feel about increased military might?
5. What does Ellis say about Sally's last two children, Madison and Eston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what aspects of our culture and government would Jefferson disapprove?
2. How does Jefferson spend his retirement?
3. What happens between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton?
4. What does Jefferson want to eliminate as president?
5. What is the most enduring scandal of Jefferson's life?
6. How are Jefferson's views of slavery at this point in his life?
7. Why does Jefferson make the Louisiana Purchase?
8. Why does Jefferson retreat to Poplar Forest?
9. What do historians verify in the 1950s?
10. What has happened to Jefferson's and Adam' friendship?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)