|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is miscegenation?
(a) The mixing of generations.
(b) The mixing of races.
(c) The miscommunication between politicians.
(d) The collection of many races within one nation.
2. When do historians discover Jefferson is at Monticello with Sally nine months before she gives birth to each of her children?
(a) In the 1950s.
(b) In the 1860s.
(c) In the 1850s.
(d) In the 1960s.
3. After the passing years, what do Jefferson and Adams begin to do?
(a) Argue again.
(b) Communicate civilly again.
(c) Agree on polical issues.
(d) Forget about one another.
4. Where does Jefferson retreat to several times per year?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) Poplar Forest.
5. What does everyone expect of President Thomas Jefferson?
(a) To be difficult with which to deal.
(b) To be a powerful leader.
(c) To be hard to understand.
(d) They are not quite sure what to expect.
6. How many slaves does Jefferson free in his will?
(a) All of his slaves.
(b) Only five slaves.
(c) Only the Hemings.
(d) Only the house slaves.
7. How does Jefferson believe emancipation would work?
(a) It would start slowly in the northern states and then work south and west.
(b) It would work extremely well.
(c) It would not work well at all.
(d) If the newly freed slaves are deported.
8. Who points out "The true Jeffersonian legacy is to be hostile to legacies?"
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Jaqueline Applegate.
(c) Joyce Appleby.
(d) Joclyn Smith.
9. Who are the last surviving Founding Fathers?
(a) Hamilton and Burr.
(b) Jefferson and Adams.
(c) Madison and Monroe.
(d) Jefferson and Franklin.
10. What is remarkable about the transfer of power from one president to the next?
(a) That it happens to violently.
(b) That it happens at all.
(c) That it happens so quietly.
(d) That it happens so quickly.
11. Who is Elizabeth Walker?
(a) Jefferson's youngest daughter.
(b) A woman that Jefferson makes improper adavances to when he is a young, unmarried man.
(c) A woman with whom Alexander Hamilton has an illicit affair.
(d) Sally Hemings' sister.
12. How are John Adam's last words factually incorrect?
(a) There is still one Founding Father alive.
(b) Jefferson dies about five hours earlier than Adams.
(c) The Founding Fathers have all died.
(d) Jefferson dies about five hours after Adams.
13. Who reports the information about Elizabeth Walker with accuracy?
(a) James Madison.
(b) John Adams.
(c) James Callender.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
14. When is there an increase in U.S. military might?
(a) During the Cold War.
(b) During the Vietnam War.
(c) During the Gulf War.
(d) During the Civil War.
15. What legacy of Jefferson's lives on?
(a) His legacy of idealism and revolutionary spirit.
(b) His legacy of slavery and contradictions.
(c) His legacy of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
(d) His legacy of familial love and respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coincides with the start of Jefferson's supposed affair with Sally?
2. What does Jefferson believe the vastness of the western territories would do to slavery?
3. Thomas Payne began as a revolutionary hero. What has he become in just a few years?
4. What lasts the remainder of Jefferson's and Adams' lives?
5. What does Jefferson do regarding miscegenation?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)