|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are John Adam's final words?
(a) "The Founding Fathers live."
(b) "The Founding Fathers are no more."
(c) "Thomas Jefferson lives."
(d) "Thomas Jefferson is no more."
2. What does Jefferson think about the white race?
(a) It is not a race.
(b) It reigns supreme.
(c) It is equal to all races.
(d) It is an arrogant race.
3. How does Ellis describe Jefferson regarding his sexual energy?
(a) He says he is "extremely masculine."
(b) He says he is "very shy."
(c) He says he is "almost uncomfortable."
(d) He says he is "almost feminine."
4. How are John Adam's last words factually incorrect?
(a) The Founding Fathers have all died.
(b) Jefferson dies about five hours after Adams.
(c) There is still one Founding Father alive.
(d) Jefferson dies about five hours earlier than Adams.
5. Thomas Payne began as a revolutionary hero. What has he become in just a few years?
(a) An obnoxious alcoholic.
(b) He is a hermit.
(c) He is a pastor.
(d) He is more popular and loved than ever.
6. Who is Jefferson's vice president?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) James Madison.
(d) James Monroe.
7. What does Jefferson say to Elizabeth Walker's husband?
(a) He secretly apologizes.
(b) He says he is innocent and never made advances towards Elizabeth.
(c) He publicly apologizes.
(d) He does not apologize for actions that he believe to be acceptable.
8. Who handles the negotiations with the French?
9. Why does Jefferson agree with the separation of church and state?
(a) To allow religion to be a part of all governmental procedings.
(b) To preserve his religious views.
(c) To preserve religious freedom.
(d) To preserve government.
10. What is ironic about the enforcement of the separation of church and state?
(a) It is not a true separation.
(b) It is not effective.
(c) It is enforced by the Supreme Court, the government institution Jefferson hates the most.
(d) It has not preserved religious freedom.
11. Why does the wife of a British minister refer to his administration as "barbaric?"
(a) He eschews all protocol in seating during the dinner parties he hosts.
(b) They openly discuss their illicit affairs.
(c) The woman is not allowed in Jefferson's home.
(d) They are rude and direspectful.
12. What does everyone expect of President Thomas Jefferson?
(a) To be difficult with which to deal.
(b) To be hard to understand.
(c) To be a powerful leader.
(d) They are not quite sure what to expect.
13. Who does Jefferson tell his daughter Martha is the father of Sally's children?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) His nephew, Peter Carr.
(c) His father-in-law, John Wales.
(d) Aaron Burr.
14. What lasts the remainder of Jefferson's and Adams' lives?
(a) Their terms in office.
(b) Their hatred for one another.
(c) The marriage of their children to one another.
(d) Their exchange of letters.
15. What small parade precedes him to the Capitol?
(a) A small circus parade.
(b) A small parade of children.
(c) A small parade of dignitaries.
(d) A small parade of civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom does Jefferson subsidize libelous accusations against Adams?
2. Who prints scurrilous, vengeful allegations against Jefferson?
3. For what does Jefferson owe $10,000 his first year as president?
4. How does Jefferson believe emancipation would work?
5. Besides it being obvious that several of Sally Hemings' children have a white father, what makes it even more possible that they are Jefferson's?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)