|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jefferson idealize?
(c) The King of England.
2. What test proves that Ellis's belief that a dalliance is completely out of character for Jefferson is incorrect?
(a) A DNA test.
(b) A DRA test.
(c) A drug test.
(d) A Regence test.
3. What is the nickname Ellis gives for Sally Hemings?
(a) Sally Forth.
(b) White Sally.
(c) Black Sal.
(d) Silly Sally.
4. Like many Virginia aristocrats, what does Jefferson equate to land?
5. What does Abigail Adams provide Jefferson from London?
(a) A connection to King George III.
(b) Parenting advice.
(c) A connection with Parliament.
(d) Intimate female companionship.
6. Why do many men of Jefferson's time refuse to own slaves?
(a) They abhore those that are not white.
(b) They believe in complete segregation.
(c) On moral grounds.
(d) They believe slaves spread disease.
7. Who first exposes Jefferson to a companionate marriage?
(a) John and Abigail Adams.
(b) George and Martha Washington.
(c) Ben and Debrah Franklin.
(d) James and Dolley Madison.
8. What do both William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow claim about Jefferson?
(a) He shares their views of evolution and creation.
(b) He shares their architectural style.
(c) He is a great man.
(d) He shares their views about human dignity.
9. How much does Jefferson believe the war will cost?
(a) $3 billion.
(b) $6 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $6 billion.
10. Who is Sally Hemings?
(a) Martha Wales' sister.
(b) A slave Jefferson inherited from his wife's family.
(c) Jefferson's neice.
(d) Jefferson's wife.
11. What is Jefferson's most successful financial enterprise?
(a) Growing wheat.
(b) Growing tobacco.
(c) Making wagon wheels.
(d) Nail making.
12. What is expected of politicians of Jefferson's day?
(a) To represent the best that mankind has to offer.
(b) To live in Washington, D.C.
(c) To do what the people want.
(d) To be fallible humans like the rest of mankind.
13. What do both Franklin Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover claim about Jefferson?
(a) His opinion of the women's rights movement.
(b) His ideals in their very different opinions of prohibition.
(c) His ideals in their very different ways of handling the Depression.
(d) His views of isolationism.
14. What affect does Jefferson's term as Governor of Virginia have on the state?
(a) The state develops rapidly.
(b) The state goesunder major political renovations.
(c) The state's economy is a disaster.
(d) The state's economy prospers.
15. How many children do Patsy and her husband have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Jefferson's political beliefs during those revolutionary times?
2. How long did Jeffersonians rule the nation?
3. Of what does Ellis feel it is unfair to accuse a man of Jefferson's time regarding women?
4. How would Jefferson have gone through life, if his pamphlet had not been published?
5. What does Jefferson study in college?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)